Alliance Blitz Statistics

Vend3tta

With so many alliances joining this world exploding extravaganza, most people will be monitoring alliance strengths, anarchy rates, number of nukes flying, etc. I decided to gather a different statistic: blitzes.

I define Blitz as the number of offensive wars declared by an alliance within the first 12 hours of conflict.

Below are the charts of both sides of the war, containing the numbers for each alliance engaged in combat so far in relation to the size of the alliance.

karma.png

Hegemony

hegemony.png

Green means the percentage is Above 40

Yellow means the percentage is Between 20-40

Red means the percentage is Below 20

Of all the "Large" alliances, only VE, RoK, and FOK entered strongly. Alliances such as PC, Vanguard, Invicta, FCO, Athens, Nemesis, and GRAN displayed excellent mobility, most likely due to their small, manageable, and active membership pool.

MCXA, Legion, and Sparta displayed low scores as large alliances. NPO had an especially dismal showing, but this is most likely due to the wish to stay ready to engage larger alliances.

In terms of sides, Karma clearly has out pushed the Hegemony in regards to alliance blitzes. Alliances like GGA, Echelon, MCXA, Legion and NATO provided little impact despite expectations, creating an overall Red-shaded theme. On Karma's side of things, GOD, GR, iFOK, and other alliances preformed well in their entrances into the war, while GUN, RAD, and Avalanche failed to execute efficiently.

Couple of notes:

- The number of Blitz Wars are the number of offensive wars declared, including any multiple declarations by a single nation. It is not the number of separate nations who declared during the time period.

- NEW isn't on here yet as they haven't been engaged for at least 12 hours yet

- These numbers aren't from computer programs but from my own hand counting. Small errors may exist, I am only human, but the general range of percentages should be accurate.

- For Legion's numbers, I took the liberty of ignoring the three Gun Jumpers they had, starting the count from when a steady concentration of Legion members declared.

FAQs:

Q) What's the process?

A)I looked at the first declaration an alliance had on their target, noted the time, then counted the number of offensive wars the alliance declared within 12 hours.

It's... a tedious process

Q) What about Peace Mode nations?

A) By putting your nations in Peace Mode, you are making a conscious sacrifice to your blitzing abilities for strategic purposes. A nation in Peace Mode is as good as a nation who doesn't blitz.

If you have an questions or comments, please don't hesitate to say them.

Edited by Vend3tta

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Erhm.. it looks like you searched the alliance, and viewed wars, and took that number (*points at Nemesis' stat of over 100%).

Doesn't that include wars prior to declaration? Correct me if im wrong.

P.S. Awesome work :D

I believe it means that nemesis had their members declare on more than one nation at a time.

Erhm.. it looks like you searched the alliance, and viewed wars, and took that number (*points at Nemesis' stat of over 100%).

Doesn't that include wars prior to declaration? Correct me if im wrong.

P.S. Awesome work :D

No. I looked at the first declaration an alliance had on their target, noted the time, then counted the number of offensive wars the alliance declared within 12 hours.

It's... a tedious process.

Honestly it's a pretty poor statistic the way you're coming up with these percentages, it should be calculated based on targets that a declaring alliance had.

As an example NPO with 930 nations declared on OV with around 60 nations (I believe about 12 of those were in PM) so there's no possible way they could have gotten a good stat there. Add to that the fact that they were sharing targets with TORN.

It should be based on how many available targets were engaged, not how many nations were in the attacking alliance.