A Win-Win for the NPO?

NewYinzer

A Win-Win for the NPO?

Ladies and Gentlemen of CyberNations,

This evening I would like to talk with you about the fate of the New Pacific Order, better known as the NPO, after the war.

I will present two scenarios for the NPO in the postwar world - one if the NPO wins, the other if the NPO loses. I am in no way taking sides in this conflict - I am presenting current events as I see them.

Scenario One: The NPO's Defeat

May 15, 2009

With the NPO's NS at 12 million and that of their allies standing at 38 million, a treaty is signed with Karma to end the war. Reparations are agreed upon and conflict ends. For many in CyberNations, this is the day they have been waiting for. The NPO, the unquestioned superpower in CN, has been defeated. This is their triumph - or is it?

August 27, 2009

With reparations paid off, the NPO's total NS has risen to its prewar level of 23 million. Thanks to a comprehensive nation rebuilding program, their NS is on the rise, with a stated goal of 30 million by Christmas 2009.

October 14, 2009

The NPO and its allies from the Karma War decide to form a new bloc, known as the Planet Bob Federation, for protection. The total NS of this alliance stands at 100 million. The NPO is at the vanguard of this alliance, having already reached its goal of 30 million NS.

December 31, 2009

The Planet Bob Federation (PBF) declares war on several of the alliances in Karma. In terms of NS, they are outnumbered 2:1, having split ways since the Karma War.

January 31, 2010

The PBF succeeds in sending those ex-Karma alliances to ZI.

May 15, 2010

The PBF emerges at the dominant treaty bloc in CyberNations, controlling 71% of the game's total NS. The NPO stands at 50 million NS, unchallenged as the hegemon of CyberNations. Their defeat in the Karma War has motivated them to reinvent themselves, working together to regenerate their alliance and control CyberNations.

Analysis

In many of the early wars in CyberNations, the NPO has shown that it can rebuild itself despite heavy losses. If the core of the NPO remains, they will rebuild quickly and efficiently. Having lost the war, the NPO will probably reinvent itself, figuring out ways to increase its power in Planet Bob. Its loss will motivate it to become a dominant power in CyberNations once again. As controversial as it sounds, this is a very likely scenario, considering the NPO's high level of organization.

Scenario Two: The NPO's Victory

May 15, 2009

The Karma War is at an end. Karma, the group of alliances which had risen to challenge the NPO, has fallen. The Mushroom Kingdom and IRON joined forces with the NPO, putting them at an advantage. The NPO and her allies remain at the helm of affairs in CyberNations.

June 23, 2009

The alliances which allied with the NPO sign a treaty officially merging One Vision and the Continuum into one bloc, The Alliance, with 110 million NS.

July 11, 2009

The alliances which once had constituted Karma unite under one bloc, Neo Karma. Their aim is mutual defense and rebuilding.

August 14, 2009

The Alliance reaches 140 million NS, Neo Karma stands at 110 million NS.

December 11, 2009

With the Alliance at 160 million NS and Neo Karma at 130 million NS, they agree on a non-aggression treaty, effectively ending conflict in CyberNations but placing most control in the NPO, which now stands at 50 million NS. The NPO's victory has led them to dominate Cybernations, as they had done before the war.

Analysis

Victory for the NPO will almost certainly mean their continued status as a powerhouse in CN. It is possible that they will sink into complacency. However, the NPO will probably remain the dominant alliance in CyberNations until the game's end.

For those with tl;dr disorder: No matter what happens, things turn out all right for the NPO.

• Replies 163
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I can see someone who wants to see NPO gone use this as an argument for why NPO must be dismantled *completely*. But it was a fun read all the same.

And Hi NewYinzer :P

Edit: To add - the only reason people will say this piece of writing is !@#$ is because they don't want to admit it's probably more true (at least the "NPO loses" scenario). I'd say if NPO won, it would still have to reinvent itself, otherwise those beaten would rise once again, and more quickly the next time.

Edited by imatt15

Pacifica Prevails, no matter the circumstances? I agree.

However, this all seems extremely speculative, and not based on many 'hard facts', other than the Order has shown that it can rebuild stronger than it was before, as was shown after the Great Patriotic War (GW1, for you non Order folks).

I can see someone who wants to see NPO gone use this as an argument for why NPO must be dismantled *completely*. But it was a fun read all the same.

And Hi NewYinzer :P

I'm glad you enjoyed it. My hope was that this would prompt some discussion about the end of the war. Alas, it seems as though it might descend into a flame war...

And Hi imatt :P

Scenario 1: NPO loses and is beaten so badly that it can't rise to previous levels in the foreseeable future. The allies it had surrounded itself that sought its political protection and security have lost their confidence in its ability and its foreign policy has isolated many others, preventing it from re-establishing itself as the central pillar of the game's political dynamic.

Scenario 2: NPO succeeds in overcoming Karma, however, it has still split with its per-war allies as neither group maintains the necessary level of trust for the other. It is either ejected from its political blocs, leaves or loses the prominence of its voice within them. Meanwhile the Karma alliances, though defeated, maintain a dislike for the ruling class preventing NPO from snapping them up as allies to secure itself against those currently fighting at tis side.

See, you can make up all kinds of random scenarios. That doesn't mean they're accurate.

The NPO and its allies from the Karma War decide to form a new bloc, known as the Planet Bob Federation, for protection. The total NS of this alliance stands at 100 million. The NPO is at the vanguard of this alliance, having already reached its goal of 30 million NS.

In a losing scenario? Good luck with that.

By the way, how dare you call this fantastical speculation an "analysis"? That is an insult to statisticians and true statistics. e_e </semantics>

Edited by Great Lord Moth

I'm not rooting for it, but what if Karma won't give NPO peace?

Won't they end like Goons?

That is also a very possible scenario. However, I had to take into account the fact that Karma's total NS is not much greater than the NPO and allies. Both sides are too evenly matched. Unless they pull off some really good military maneuvers, they won't be able to completely defeat the NPO the same way the NPO defeated GOONS.

That is also a very possible scenario. However, I had to take into account the fact that Karma's total NS is not much greater than the NPO and allies. Both sides are too evenly matched. Unless they pull off some really good military maneuvers, they won't be able to completely defeat the NPO the same way the NPO defeated GOONS.

The sides have not even fully formed yet. The questions of IRON and Citadel still remain. Furthermore, it's only the third day. Have patience. It's too soon to make such a conclusion.