Waste Land

Byron Orpheus

If survival is your victory Byron, you're screwed. Let's go down the list as to why:

1. You are concurrently stupid AND irritating. If all the negative traits of Vladimir (boring and verbose), Bob Sanders (stupidity), and Scholar (the ability to ignore things that are in front of your nose) were all rolled up into one person, we'd get you. Proof? You believe your own stories on CBs etc. Further proof? You don't understand that the reason the CoC Bloc is at war is that they were obnoxious to everyone for over a year.

2. You suck at waging war. I had a chat with the athens guy you are fighting. He says you got anarchied on the first attack. You are as incompetent as your alliance. I offered him money for fighting you, by the way, but he said he didn't need it and also hopes that you/the GGA don't surrender before you get to ZI.

3. You are in the GGwAe. Enough said.

And finally, to speed up the forces of natural selection a tad,

4. I hereby announce that whosoever fights this man down to ZI (and sends me a few screens or logs of byron getting pwnd in that war, for my amusement) will be named an honorary member of my nation Heggomonomy, which entitles them to a substantiative cash reward from my treasury, proportional to the degree to which Byron was pwnd. Payment will be after the war, once I have non reserved aid slots. (If my nation gets trashed, I'll give tech instead.)

Edited by heggo

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I fail to see how NPO's unwarranted bellicosity against Ordo Verde was supposed to be preservation of civilization. Civilized men abide by codes of honor, they don't launch suprise attacks without just cause in the middle of negotiations. That is the act of a barbarian and plunderer.

Don't confuse him with logic. Remember what he just told us.

1. Only the NPO is honorable, virtuous, and good! The evil anarchic forces will make life unbearable and uncivilized.

2. By the way, might makes right.

Yeah, okay. No need to take him seriously at this point, I think.

Let's revise history after it's been made.

You're my hero.

Sorry, double post.

Not being a leader of a major Karma alliance, I can't say. However, I've seen how NPO treats this planet, and I'd like that to stop. That doesn't mean a utopia. We will see more wars, even if Karma prevails. I only hope for some decency and respect, and believe I can find that more readily with GR and NV than NPO and co.

Looking a few posts after your reply, I honestly have to doubt your belief that decency and respect will increase should your side of the war win.

Hold on, hold on? Might makes right? So if Karma turns out to be more mighty, then in Byron's opinion Karma is the right side? Byron sounds like a sycophant, sucking up to every side which happens to be the strongest at the moment, which ironically appears to be pretty symbolic for GGA policies the last couple of years. Nah Byron your exactly in the right place.

If survival is your victory Byron, you're screwed. Let's go down the list as to why:

1. You are concurrently stupid AND irritating. If all the negative traits of Vladimir (boring and verbose), Bob Sanders (stupidity), and Scholar (the ability to ignore things that are in front of your nose) were all rolled up into one person, we'd get you. Proof? You believe your own stories on CBs etc. Further proof? You don't understand that the reason the CoC Bloc is at war is that they were obnoxious to everyone for over a year.

It is such a shame that you are blinded for your irrational hate of order.

2. You suck at waging war. I had a chat with the athens guy you are fighting. He says you got anarchied on the first attack. You are as incompetent as your alliance. I offered him money for fighting you, by the way, but he said he didn't need it and also hopes that you/the GGA don't surrender before you get to ZI.

Are you referring to the Athens guy I am fighting that declared war on 3 nations and thus still has all his defensive slots open? That brilliant strategist? Of course, he did anarchy me while I was locked out of my nation during an attempt at tax collection that left me vulnerable in DEFCON 5. It must have taken lots of skill to anarchy me. Then again, he will be ZI'd first, since I had (probably have) double his infrastructure as he was artifically strong due to excess technology.

4. I hereby announce that whosoever fights this man down to ZI (and sends me a few screens or logs of byron getting pwnd in that war, for my amusement) will be named an honorary member of my nation Heggomonomy, which entitles them to a substantiative cash reward from my treasury, proportional to the degree to which Byron was pwnd. Payment will be after the war, once I have non reserved aid slots. (If my nation gets trashed, I'll give tech instead.)

It will be truly a victory for me to be reduced to zero-infrastructure. I look forward to rebuilding after you have ceased to exist.

Hold on, hold on? Might makes right? So if Karma turns out to be more mighty, then in Byron's opinion Karma is the right side? Byron sounds like a sycophant, sucking up to every side which happens to be the strongest at the moment, which ironically appears to be pretty symbolic for GGA policies the last couple of years. Nah Byron your exactly in the right place.

You will not see me criticizing an alliance for protecting its sovereignty. Neither will you see me refer to the NPO as "good", as one individual has suggested-- good is an arbitrary label. There is only what one can and cannot do, and Karma does not possess the will to follow through on what they have started.

You mean NPO standing by the belief that spying is unwarranted aggression?

Ah but was it not Moo-Cows himself that said that every alliance accepts information when confronted with NPO's own spy network? If that's not admittance of guilt, I don't know what is. If you're accepting what the spy's got to give your you're a part of it. Plain and simple.

nope. Im sure they just want rid of you. ;)

Close but no, not quite. Good guess though. For me it's about two things. Freedom and Vengeance in that order... sometimes... I am only human.

We've never made claims of rainbows, sunshine and gumdrops. Though a world of mutual respect without EZI, Viceroys, and forced disbandment sounds awfully swell to me Mr. Man. Most of us, are never going to like each other. That's absurd, and naive. That you lot have chosen that route to go with your party line shows how clumsy you've become at debate. No, sir. However, we will do our best to respect one another. Until we extract our pound of flesh for your sins against us then and only then will your opinion in this matter be of any consequence. At least, that's as far as I'm concerned. I can't speak for anybody else.

My friends have different opinions that we've learned to use to our advantage unlike your friends who try to play that hivemind same argument lock, stock and barrel. Solidarity is one thing but that's just a little too... Heaven's Gate for me. I'd pity you if you weren't so unashamedly unethical. You can keep your illusion of morality, I've abandoned the concept.

I believe in logic, and ethics. Morality is based on emotion, emotion is the enemy of logic. Sure we are bound to do illogical things from time to time but that's where ethical standards comes in. It's the difference between staying up all night worrying about the world going to hell and getting a good night's rest because the world is going to hell and you've got work to do in order to make sure it doesn't.

You guys should try actually talking to us sometime on irc. We're not complete jerkwads just mostly. That's what happens when you try to treat people like they exist only to kiss your bum for two years. Live with it, and have some dignity. This isn't helping you.

What commitment has Karma? A loose organization of alliances that all feel NPO is scary and evil.

Your complete misunderstanding of those who oppose you is a large part of why the stuff that dribbles out of your keyboard is generally met with rolling eyes and snickers. Your foes are not children who have been frightened into a bully mob by vague rumors of a nebulous, evil "NPO" that will come and eat us in the night. We have not been herded into this position by scheming tricksters.

We know the score and we know the stakes. We’ve been around for a long time and we haven’t assembled lightly. This is more than a loose collection of rabble that will scatter as soon as sirens are heard. We too, fight for hearth and home; we have no illusions that should the tide turn that we will be treated as gently as we are prepared to treat you, even though we are the defending party in this conflict.

Your complete misunderstanding of those who oppose you is a large part of why the stuff that dribbles out of your keyboard is generally met with rolling eyes and snickers.

Oh, I understand the situation perfectly. Clearly I am not referring to most of the more vocal opponents of NPO-- the masses that are convinced by their empty rhetoric are those convince of an "evil" NPO. Those are the children that have been frightened into a bully mob. The rest of you are the egomaniacal extremists, many of them former members of the so-called "Hegemony" that they seek to destroy. Why do they want to destroy it? Not because of the "we came to our sense" claim that so many of you seem to swallow so willingly; no, they are the spiteful children that have lost their significance and will stop at nothing to reclaim a place of prominence, and you are their unwitting tools.

We know the score and we know the stakes. We’ve been around for a long time and we haven’t assembled lightly. This is more than a loose collection of rabble that will scatter as soon as sirens are heard. We too, fight for hearth and home; we have no illusions that should the tide turn that we will be treated as gently as we are prepared to treat you, even though we are the defending party in this conflict.

What hearth and home do you fight for? The peace that you had before? The lack of interference?

Are you referring to the Athens guy I am fighting that declared war on 3 nations and thus still has all his defensive slots open? That brilliant strategist? Of course, he did anarchy me while I was locked out of my nation during an attempt at tax collection that left me vulnerable in DEFCON 5. It must have taken lots of skill to anarchy me. Then again, he will be ZI'd first, since I had (probably have) double his infrastructure as he was artifically strong due to excess technology.

On your point about the Athens man. I have nothing against him, but I'll concede your point: he's a total dork, a fool, an awful, strategist, blah blah blah. All that means is that for you to have been beaten by him so rapidly, you must be more pathetic than I thought. Honestly, call him Napoleon and maybe your rapid defeat would be justified. But make fun of him? If he's really that bad (and I honestly doubt he is) then clearly you must be worse.

Yes, it will be a victory.

It will be truly a victory for me to be reduced to zero-infrastructure.

OH! I GET IT NOW. OOOH OOOH OOOH!

This feels so good.

Now we finally know why you think you're going to win this war!

By the way, I thought you believed that might makes right? Wouldn't your being ZI'd inherently make you wrong then, by your own reasoning?

Edited by heggo

Oh, I understand the situation perfectly. Clearly I am not referring to most of the more vocal opponents of NPO-- the masses that are convinced by their empty rhetoric are those convince of an "evil" NPO. Those are the children that have been frightened into a bully mob. The rest of you are the egomaniacal extremists, many of them former members of the so-called "Hegemony" that they seek to destroy. Why do they want to destroy it? Not because of the "we came to our sense" claim that so many of you seem to swallow so willingly; no, they are the spiteful children that have lost their significance and will stop at nothing to reclaim a place of prominence, and you are their unwitting tools.

I don't think that your understanding is so perfect (i.e., NO U :P ). What is the basis for your assertion that we're mindlessly following the piper? I understand that it fits well into what you want to believe (or have others believe), but it's entirely inconsistent with every interaction I've had.

What hearth and home do you fight for? The peace that you had before? The lack of interference?

The NPO is the aggressor.

Man BO, you sure do make a lot of assumptions.

Some people simply made up their mind all their own. Many have been affected by NPO policies, and to be more related to the issue at hand, Hegemony policies.

I don't really like how you try so hard to Martyr the NPO. Though many focus on their name, they are the figurehead for a bigger problem that Karma and allies are fighting. A single bloc of power that is expressing its will among the people of Bob. You may feel it is their right, as they have the means to do it, and frankly, Karma and allies feel it is their right to tell them they can't.

Order is not found at the edge of a sword. It is found out of a mutual respect among all involved, and frankly, the hegemony has not respected the general populace of Bob for some time. Simply because we do not wish to lay down anymore and let the boots of our oppressors crush our necks doesn't mean our actions are less justified. For years the hegemony has been asking for this exact situation to occur, and now when we bring the drums of wars to their ears, they decry our actions and rant about us being wrong.

What is it then? Do something about it or keep kissing the ground you all walk on?

On your point about the Athens man. I have nothing against him, but I'll concede your point: he's a total dork, a fool, an awful, strategist, blah blah blah. All that means is that for you to have been beaten by him so rapidly, you must be more pathetic than I thought. Honestly, call him Napoleon and maybe your rapid defeat would be justified. But make fun of him? If he's really that bad (and I honestly doubt he is) then clearly you must be worse.

Even the inept can beat a person who isn't present.

1) All you can expect in the future is decay and destruction, ruin and waste...2) all will suffer and all will experience loss, and nothing will change... 3) Those of you who fight with honor and for the preservation of civilization...4) we will look back on these times and reminisce about how we looked into the screaming faces of the horde and calmly replied that we would not be moved...5) We will suffer alongside each other, to be sure...6) Our victory will be that of survival...7) cowards...8)

1)- No, that is what we have now. I expect a future much brighter.

2)- That is better than how it is in the present where only those under jackboots and cronies suffer. But "our" suffering will be for a better tomorrow. Change will happen. Change HAS happened.

3)- No, again. What you meant was those who fight to hold onto the status quo. That is not my definition of civilization.

4)- No, and you have been moved- into anarchy.

5)- Yes. Yes you will. See, I can be agreeable ;)

6)- Yes again. I agree (that is twice now) that if you survive that will constitute victory in your circumstances.

7)- Nope. Streak is broken at two.

8)- Yeah, I gave up. Coward? No. Lazy, well maybe valid here.

Overall, a nicely written piece of propoganda.

We will see who is at the other end. It is early yet.

And yet you write about your imminent destruction? It's pretty easy to see that this is nothing more than a failed ploy for attention and sympathy, only one of which have you received.

And yet you write about your imminent destruction? It's pretty easy to see that this is nothing more than a failed ploy for attention and sympathy, only one of which have you received.

I wrote about the destruction of the current order; neither side will have an easy time of things-- but we will remain.

no, they are the spiteful children that have lost their significance and will stop at nothing to reclaim a place of prominence, and you are their unwitting tools.

Those "spiteful children that have lost their significance" are by in large savvy and veteran rulers that now have the advantage in this war. Are some people buying into hating NPO without demonstrating independent thinking? Of course, but many GGA members buy into whatever their Government is shoveling to them. You're in no position to talk until you've conversed with ex-ministers and Gov officials that have left the alliance for a multitude of legitimate reasons.

Stop being so flippant about the opposition, the GGA is in real danger of being completely obliterated. The less people that view the GGA as a bunch of arrogant sycophants the better for the future of the alliance.

The self-styled "Karma" forces expect to usher in a new utopia for all of our world (ignoring, of course, what "utopia" means in translation).

I stopped reading at about right here.

Those "spiteful children that have lost their significance" are by in large savvy and veteran rulers that now have the advantage in this war. Are some people buying into hating NPO without demonstrating independent thinking? Of course, but many GGA members buy into whatever their Government is shoveling to them. You're in no position to talk until you've conversed with ex-ministers and Gov officials that have left the alliance for a multitude of legitimate reasons.

Stop being so flippant about the opposition, the GGA is in real danger of being completely obliterated. The less people that view the GGA as a bunch of arrogant sycophants the better for the future of the alliance.

Perhaps by that same logic you should not be quite so incendiary in your comments, lest those comments come back to haunt you.