Invicta Declaration of War on Orion

Jorost

invicta1small.png

Let Slip The Dogs of War

Friends, alliances, and citizens of the World of Bob, lend me your eyes.

I have no illusions about how Invicta is viewed by many of you. I have heard the comments. Lapdogs. Puppets. Willing meatshields.

I won't pretend it doesn't bother me. It does. It bothers me because I love Invicta, and I believe that we have always tried to do the right thing. Have we always succeeded? No. Of course not. But you show me one alliance that has.

NPO has been a friend and ally to Invicta. FRIEND and ALLY. What does that mean? It means we like them and we believe they like us. It does not mean that we answer to them. And it does not mean we think they are infallible.

But a good friend stands behind you in bad times as well as good. Have any of us not known people who have made mistakes? Not had friends who have behaved questionably? I know I have. Last night our friend and ally NPO was attacked by a coalition of alliances that has come to be called Karma. I will not question their motives, nor will I question the motives of the allies of NPO who have decided not to intervene. I choose to believe that each nation and each alliance in the World of Bob strives to act in a manner that is in keeping with their principles. We are all, as Mark Antony said, honorable men (and women).

But Invicta cannot simply stand by and see a friend assaulted. We may not be one of the biggest or strongest alliances around – hell, some people see us as nothing more than a paper tiger. But sometimes even a paper tiger can roar.

Therefore, I must announce that a state of war now exists between Invicta and Orion. I regret that conditions in the World of Bob have brought us to this. There will be no propaganda, no braggadocio. Invicta will not not use nuclear weapons unless we ourselves are nuked. We take this action in defense of a friend and in honor of a treaty and a promise to defend NPO. Not a conditional promise. Not a promise to defend them unless they did something we did not approve of. A promise. Invicta honors her promises, and we honor our treaties. I hope that our opponents understand our motives, and that these hostilities can come to a conclusion as soon as possible.

Out of the night that covers me,

Black as the Pit from pole to pole,

I thank whatever gods may be

For my unconquerable soul.

In the fell clutch of circumstance

I have not winced nor cried aloud.

Under the bludgeonings of chance

My head is bloody, but unbowed.

Beyond this place of wrath and tears

Looms but the horror of the shade,

And yet the menace of the years

Finds, and shall find, me unafraid.

It matters not how strait the gate,

How charged with punishments the scroll,

I am the master of my fate:

I am the captain of my soul.

May Admin have mercy on our souls.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never again let it be said that Invicta is a non-player, a meatshield, an alliance to be trifled with. We are men of honor, we do not fear ZI; we fight to the gates of hell and back if necessary, for the sake of our allies, and the honor of our Alliance.

o/ Invicta

o/ Jorost

o/ NPO

o/ our honorable adversaries, Orion, may we all serve with honor and distinction!