An eye for an eye?

TheStig

The past few days have been quite the interesting build up to a very different war to what I think most of us were expecting. The coalition of invaders that call themselves 'Karma' have no doubt rightfully attacked NPO to follow treaty obligations and out of what is just. However, many claims recently have suggested that the Karma representatives discussing peace terms with NPO, (Archon particularly) are seeking revenge, which I understand.

MK is an example of many alliances from the war last August who stood and fought honourably and fought through the toughest opponents in the game, as well as enduring some of the toughest terms ever given in the game. It only seems fair that the NPO should experience the turmoil that they untold, and eye for an eye as it were. But is this right?

Surely these honourable alliances that know such terms are incredibly cruel and harsh will understand the terror they faced, trying to survive through months and months of economic loss and military inferiority. So why should they return the same unjust actions unto them, because therefore that would be contradicting their honour?

I am not suggesting that NPO does not deserve it. Then again, I am not suggesting that they do. I just thought I would make the point that these Karma alliances showed the world how decent and honourable they were, during the war in August. Is this another chance to make the right, just choice?

Two wrongs don't make a right.

Just something to think about.

Your consept works only when the world is honorable. We live in a world of dishonor, loyalty, and lies. I think it is time to clear the slate after this war is over then there will be time for honor, for now it is about blood shed

Means can only be justified by their ends. Though I'm willing to believe Karma's version of events over the liars, NPO, I also wouldn't care even if NPO's pathetic attempt at garnering sympathy was true. In this case the NPO deserves a stern talking to, whatever method achieves that is really incidental.

I have seen the logs, and I must admit that it is not how I would have done it. But saying that, I don't think the Karma side had much of a choice.

This is a war which was meant to happen. These are the reasons which started it. As with all wars, this war is about a lot more than just OV - this is easily evident from the propaganda and people's opinions, even those posted on the public forums.

I am sure much is yet to happen, but nothing that has happened can be changed.

An eye for an eye is true justice. It is the most "fair" form of justice.

An example of unfair justice would be death for an eye. Merciful justice would be jail time for an eye or say, a fine for an eye.

I didn't realise you Sith believed in 'fair'. :P

I didn't realise you Sith believed in 'fair'. :P

I can't speak for all of the Sith, but my personal OOC opinion is that this is a game. Games need to be fun. It is not fun to be forced out of the game or out of the way you want to play the game. I'd like to see NPO stay in the game. I'd like to see the Karma alliances stay in the game.

In this case... An eye for an eye means forcing players out of the game, forcing a game community out of existence. I do not approve of this as it is not in the interest of fun.

An eye for an eye makes the whole world look funny because nobody as any eyes.

then nobody can see this funny looking world.

That's like if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it does it make a noise...

I would ask, who does this world of yours look funny to exactly?

then nobody can see this funny looking world.

That's like if a tree falls in the woods and nobody hears it does it make a noise...

I would ask, who does this world of yours look funny to exactly?

Let me rephrase, an eye for an eye makes the whole world blind. Also this world my is funny to me. :) So deal with it.