My last Annoucement as a Scorpion.

tsigwarlow3.png

I have always been the type of person that believes in upholding treaties.

While leading The Sasori Initiative, I've only signed a few treaties. All of them have been with much thought and consideration. But when it comes down to it, I always made sure that I would defend that treaty partner in any situation.

Tonight amazed me. Mutual Defense partners threw treaties out the window, and alliances decided to honor some pacts, but not others. It seemed like no one would stand to honor any pact, unless they were the agressors, the chosen ones to win this conflict. It was the Infra > Friends war, only with the sides switched. TSI was ready for the war, and ready to defend TPF. Most were willing, and waiting.

And then mhawk stepped down from TPF. And every alliance I could think of declared on NPO. People threw out treaties with their infra in mind, not their friendships. When we recieved the message that mhawk had resigned to fight for NPO, and that we wouldn't have to worry about a conflict, my Minister of War sighed, and brought our Defcon level back up. Most online switched back their improvements, upped their Defcon, and went to bed. But the more I sat, the more it just didn't sit with me.

When I signed the Protectorate Pact with TPF, I thought that it would mainly be them protecting us. And throughout that protectorate, they've provided us with everything I could ever dream of. I know I could have never picked a better protecting alliance. mhawk was always there to answer any question, any request.

I know I could never lead my people thinking that I had abandoned the one ally that had made us who we are. I would never be able to hold my head up knowing that I had ran from my obligations, my friends. But I cannot ask my alliance to remilitarize. It is too great a cost.

It is with this announcement that I step down as Empress of The Sasori Initiative. Until this war is over, I will fight. And when I return to TSI, it will be with my head held high, and hopefully my citizens will have a respect for me that others will not gain by hiding. I hand control over to Tokugawa Mitsukuni, who will lead well, and Kharn, our MoFA. I know they will cheer us on from the sidelines, as any good friend would that cannot fight.

Signed,

Shurukian

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic