Memento Mori

Margrave

Polaris learned the hard way, to live by the sword is to die by the sword, but we did learn and here we are. I am disappointed in today, the pent up rage and anger released on Pacifica may well have been justified to some, but I stand in amazement at the depth of depravity expressed today here on on IRC.

I will frame it simply for you, if you consider the actions of the NPO immoral, then surely you aspire to a higher level of morality than them. To become what you accuse them of just makes you look opportunistic predators, some of you have genuine complaints, some of you are truly bandwagoners, too gutless to stand and fight without a massive uprising to sweep you along.

Some of those you accuse of cowardice have been judged by people who have never had the courage to fight before. I know many of you have been around the block, but so many of you haven't and are just riding the coat tails of those who have. So many of you have been plotting and planning for months, hiding within the hegemony itself, shaking hands with Pacifica daily, all the while measuring the distance between their ribs. Your duplicity disgusts me. To remain in a bloc with someone you hate, out of convenience is pathetic. I am pleased that the lines have finally been drawn and we don't have to put up with the speculation and schemes any longer.

If you have a genuine complaint, then charge the gates of Moo's Hell, but if you are just tagging along to chop the big boy down to size, be careful what you wish for.

Rest assured, I have been right where Pacifica stands right now, it is a sobering thought my friends, one that still chills me. Remember not to throw out the baby with the bath water, play the game in good spirits and in good faith and leave all the school yard bully crap to those who do it best. It doesn't become some of you, it is a bad fit. I know Pacifica has made mistakes, I know they have lessons to learn, just as Polaris did some months ago, but there is teaching and there is torture, remember the line please.

Good Luck to all involved, remember Polaris has several treaties that cross this conflict, I would hate to meet some of you in adverse circumstances because you fail to read.

To those who have questioned my actions today, feel free. I am more than available to answer your questions during the usual hours.

I'm sorry Grub, but war by other means is the key phrase here. NPO and Friends was just too powerful to be defeated conventionally, so, here we are. Besides that, regardless of what goes on, it is very possible to oppose the NPO and do your best to defeat them and still maintain positive relationships with their members. One need look no further than the fact that Moo, Dilber, and Doitzel all hang out in #Cupcakery together with no problems.

In the end, NPO (And at one point, myself) kept saying "Do something about it". Well, something has been done. The only shame now is that the NPO did not have a better class of allies to bleed with, and for that I am truly sorry.

I'm sorry Grub, but war by other means is the key phrase here. NPO and Friends was just too powerful to be defeated conventionally, so, here we are. Besides that, regardless of what goes on, it is very possible to oppose the NPO and do your best to defeat them and still maintain positive relationships with their members. One need look no further than the fact that Moo, Dilber, and Doitzel all hang out in #Cupcakery together with no problems.

In the end, NPO (And at one point, myself) kept saying "Do something about it". Well, something has been done. The only shame now is that the NPO did not have a better class of allies to bleed with, and for that I am truly sorry.

Keep it sensible and you will have no issue from me, start making outlandish and outrageous statements about the depth of evil of the NPO and I will take some exception. I agree, they called ''bring it'' and so it has been brought, but there is still a line that needs to be observed or we have total stupidity and that serves no one's purpose

Hnh. It's their own fault. Some of us were strong proponents of the selective and careful relationship building strategy. The "treaty everything that moves" crowd won out, and all those treaties soon did not reflect the reality of their relations. While others pruned such treaties, NPO clung on, and this is the result.

... I agree, they called ''bring it'' and so it has been brought ...

Again, it baffles me that people don't learn from others' mistakes. :v:

I agree and disagree with the OP.

On the subject of NPO, you deserve every single iota of this punishment, maybe now you can understand the hatred others feel to you. I dont hate you, I pity you for failing to see that this day wouldnt come. Judgement catches up to all of us, he may be slow but his strike is sure.

On the subject of NPO's fake allies, thank you for confirming what I always knew....I always knew NPO was the heart of your "gang" and that without their boot on your necks then your gang would crumble fast. Saying that, your actions today will be the cause of your fate tomorrow...

Keep it sensible and you will have no issue from me, start making outlandish and outrageous statements about the depth of evil of the NPO and I will take some exception. I agree, they called ''bring it'' and so it has been brought, but there is still a line that needs to be observed or we have total stupidity and that serves no one's purpose

I'm a child of realpolitik, so you won't here that from me. However, this is the natural turn of events for Pacifica's behavior (and it's Allies, who are not off the hook in any fashion), so yeah. And come on, what would you have the opposing side do, sit out in the open and say "Hey, we want to kill you, we'll be here for the next year building up to do just that"? I've seen NPO members (hell, I said it myself in WUT once) that anyone who wanted to kill NPO should hide out, build alliances and blocs, do their political whatever, and then declare. So...

I'm a child of realpolitik, so you won't here that from me. However, this is the natural turn of events for Pacifica's behavior (and it's Allies, who are not off the hook in any fashion), so yeah. And come on, what would you have the opposing side do, sit out in the open and say "Hey, we want to kill you, we'll be here for the next year building up to do just that"? I've seen NPO members (hell, I said it myself in WUT once) that anyone who wanted to kill NPO should hide out, build alliances and blocs, do their political whatever, and then declare. So...

I have no issue with political positioning, I take no exception to subterfuge and I would never criticize getting your ducks in a row before coming out, but I will take exception to the longest running non-secret in CN this year. I have seen constant lists of the New Order/Karma alliances since late last year, I have seen a number of attempts to get this started but the whole time so many alliances stayed in the hegemonic bloc that allowed the NPO to commit its so perceived evil in the first place. If you were also morally outraged, surely in the last four months you could have seen fit to leave tC or the massive treaty web that caused the world to choke, but no, the planning continued, the hypocrisy only got deeper and deeper.

It is fine to have good manners, say nothing about someone even when you think ill of them, but it is quite another to smile to their face and give them assurances that you will never leave the bloc, never take up arms etc etc etc... the bare faced lies have not gone over well. You want to claim the moral high ground, act morally. You can not selectively apply the standards you want to see for the world and still keep a straight face...surely not?

I have no issue with political positioning, I take no exception to subterfuge and I would never criticize getting your ducks in a row before coming out, but I will take exception to the longest running non-secret in CN this year. I have seen constant lists of the New Order/Karma alliances since late last year, I have seen a number of attempts to get this started but the whole time so many alliances stayed in the hegemonic bloc that allowed the NPO to commit its so perceived evil in the first place. If you were also morally outraged, surely in the last four months you could have seen fit to leave tC or the massive treaty web that caused the world to choke, but no, the planning continued, the hypocrisy only got deeper and deeper.

It is fine to have good manners, say nothing about someone even when you think ill of them, but it is quite another to smile to their face and give them assurances that you will never leave the bloc, never take up arms etc etc etc... the bare faced lies have not gone over well. You want to claim the moral high ground, act morally. You can not selectively apply the standards you want to see for the world and still keep a straight face...surely not?

I would think not, but the line on that one is rather fine, and honestly, the jury is out right now on morality. History will prove all truths, however, so there is that.

I'm more concerned with the Coalition of Cowards dishonor in talking up a storm (particularly TPF) On how great a war would be and then of course #%^*ing out of it.

OG: You would think a coalition of the oldest countries in the game would have a passing understanding of honor, courage, and commitment. An alliance that had the tenacity to step to the plate in GW3 and fight for "What Was Right" appears to have lost the will to fight. Reyne, as a leader and as a player, your conduct has been sub-par and your ability to defend your allies and do the right thing is forever marred by your catastrophic moral failure.

Considering Reyne's alleged fear of snakes, I can't really hold her to blame for their withdrawal :P

These alliances are nothing more than a bunch of opportunists. They thought they could gain power and security from a much better alliance, that they could just ride on the coat-tails of NPO to success. They stood by and even supported the many betrayals and atrocities committed by NPO, and now that it's no longer convenient for them to be allied to this alliance, they think they can just back down and hide? Running away isn't going to allow them to escape their fate, it's only going to delay the inevitable. One day soon they'll be buried alongside Pacifica for their past decisions.