Memento Mori

Margrave

"Iron. On behalf of every sentient being who plays this game with a Spine...on behalf of Pacifica, who will face this fight alone, and Karma, who comes to the game to create change...On behalf of every soldier who called Pacifica or its allies home at one point or another, and especially on behalf of us who swore friends before infra: Your blatant act of treachery will not go unnoticed. And one day, you will face the fate of the coward and the backstabber. There are no words that can capture your betrayal, but believe me, I will keep trying. Just remember, IRON, you league of Independents: "Memento Mori." -Margrave.

I uttered these words a few moments ago. As I uttered these words, I thought back, back to the days when I was a young player, watching NoR kill LSF and SWF in the Saint Paddy's Day Massacre. I remembered IRON as being a truly independent alliance. I look at all the alliances that have tonight abandoned Pacifica, and I remember better days.

MegaAros: I know, I know. The Initiative is dead, right? Still.

But I can't focus only on the faults of Finsterbaby and his alliance; I see you too Reyne, I see you too Fresh. Heck, for some of you, this is just like old times! Fresh, Anu Drake, you know what I mean; bailin out on the UJP War. Glad to see you still playing by the same guidebook.

So let's do this up proper, and really speechify on the matter:

NATO: You were cowards in \m/'s hour of need, and you have validated your cowardice today. What can I say about you, NATO, that isn't obvious? Your betrayal of your friends and allies, your desire to bandwagon for the strongest people only to abandon them now in their hour of need? Really? You will receive your judgement, NATO. You can't keep hiding in the corner forever.

OG: You would think a coalition of the oldest countries in the game would have a passing understanding of honor, courage, and commitment. An alliance that had the tenacity to step to the plate in GW3 and fight for "What Was Right" appears to have lost the will to fight. Reyne, as a leader and as a player, your conduct has been sub-par and your ability to defend your allies and do the right thing is forever marred by your catastrophic moral failure.

GGA: You used to have a spine, once. You were lead by fierce players who had a desire for victory, but even more a desire to stand by their brothers. I thought that you could sink no lower than the abominable alliance you had already become. I am sad to see that I was wrong. I expected better of you, having once stood together under the old standards of the World Unity Treaty. I had hoped that at least you, of all people, would honor the oceans of blood that NPO and GGA shed together. You have sown the wind, GGA. You WILL reap the whirlwind.

Valhalla: Hal...I expected better out of an alliance you were in. I guess I should have expected an alliance that was essentially to dodge the treaty terms of GW3 for Legion to act to save its own skin. The Valkyries will deny you and Odin will not know your name among the children of War. There is no more to say to you, you have said it all with this detestable cowardly act.

TPF: I don't know you, TPF. I knew the alliances that formed you; good alliances, strong alliances I supported and believed in. I thought that, despite everything that had been said about you, you would at least have the guts to stand up for your allies. You are a disgrace to TotalFark! and everything the alliances that spawned you stood for. Mhawk, I don't like you, but you get my respect for not associating yourself with this atrocious betrayal of brotherhood and blood-ties.

See this and remember it Cyberverse. Let every player, from the oldest powerhouse to the newest pipsqueak see this day and know who stood with honor and courage, who was committed to their allies....and who cast clouds of shame and dishonor upon their names, their brothers, and their alliances.

In closing, I make one appeal to Karma, and one appeal only: Do not let this farce allow to go unchallenged. Destroy them where they stand. Seek them out, and be the force of Justice in a Cyberverse long deprived of it.

Pacifica: You created the circumstances for this, I am truly sad to say. You had an bloc of brothers once that would have stood with you to ZI and beyond; now you have been betrayed by a bloc that didn't hold to their word. You could have kept that brotherhood alive; you should have, and although it is not nearly all your fault, there was so much more you could have done to stop it, and thus spare you this last and most humiliating disgrace.

And yet...We've been brothers for so long, NPO. Even after I stopped being allied to you, even after I finally stopped agreeing with your political positions, even when I came to see this war as a needed change in pace, regardless of the outcome...I still respected you. You've made bad decisions, and now they are coming home to roost...but you didn't deserve this. I hope your vengeance, if you ever stand in the capacity to return the favor, do so swiftly and without reservation.

Cyberverse, don't let this stand. And to you leaders and government members, to all of you who collectively allowed this: Judgement Day will come for you just as it is now coming to Pacifica. Memento Mori.

Signed,

Margrave

Wolf Of The Sith

"Always Faithful"

"NPO avenged". I would have laughed at anyone who said I would look forward to such a day, had they told me yesterday. And yet, today, the betrayal by their "allies" is something that I hope NPO will have a chance to repay.

"NPO avenged". I would have laughed at anyone who said I would look forward to such a day, had they told me yesterday. And yet, today, the betrayal by their "allies" is something that I hope NPO will have a chance to repay.

Now you see why tonight has been the greatest and most beautiful night ever to grace Planet Bob.

Agreed, if NPO's allies Karma comes back to haunt them then the visage of NPO should be there to frighten them. That is, unless this is all just a silly ploy to buy a little more time.

Mhawk resigned his post at TPF. I'll talk trash about the man but I won't call him a liar. So...take it as you will.

Regardless. This move has been the most cowardly act in the history of Cybernations. Let us all remember 4/21/09 as the date the Coalition of Cowards broke faith with Pacifica and proved what a bunch of weak, frightened children they really were.

To anyone who has a problem with what I'm saying, I return your words to you, words you used to justify your abuses since time out of mind:

"Do something about it."

I joined CN shortly after the UJW and thoughout my time here I have read about great alliances and great wars, I have heard tales and legends of honor and struggle. tonight has all but cemented the feeling that reading is the closest I will ever get to these things.

Im sure there is more than one person who will leave the game not because they lost the fight but because of disgust they now feel for what this game has become.

Cudoes to echlon for stepping back up to the plate. your misdeed will not be forgotten, but nither will your steps to correct it.

Assuming all the Continuum alliances do honor their treaties, will you be feeling silly feeling sorry for Pacifica since that'd kind of give away that it was a ploy to lull people into a false sense of security? :huh:

Again, a lot of people want a piece of that. With the fearless way people have been threatening the traitors, it seems that them joining the fight at this point wouldn't cause an upset. Rather an excuse.

Again, a lot of people want a piece of that. With the fearless way people have been threatening the traitors, it seems that them joining the fight at this point wouldn't cause an upset. Rather an excuse.

I pray this is all just an idiotic total PR nightmare move on this part and they do intend to go to war. It still makes them low-bellied Fiends, but at least they'll have maintained the lowest form of loyalty, say the level of loyalty of a mutt in a pack of street dogs.

I ask those of you who are feeling so sorry for NPO to remember how many friends and allies they've stabbed in the back.

It was cruel what happened to them, but they played the game cruelly. It's becoming horribly trite but what goes around comes around.

I ask those of you who are feeling so sorry for NPO to remember how many friends and allies they've stabbed in the back.

It was cruel what happened to them, but they played the game cruelly. It's becoming horribly trite but what goes around comes around.

And Yet...

I am not one to ignore my feelings one way because of stronger feelings in another. My reaction is the sum of all my feelings organized. The NPO, however deserving they are of the war they are now in, did NOT deserve this betrayal. The war alone was karma enough. They denied the first set of terms, and now they will inevitably suffer a much harsher sentence. It only takes one war to change everything. They did not deserve the bonus humiliation of being dropped simultaneously by all of their friends. I would wish that on no alliance, no nation, no person.

OOC: This may make me seem like I'm living in a cave... but err... what just happened, what did the NPO do wrong and should I be glad I'm not a part of their alliance? ( I can't make anything out from the posts... there are too many plot holes and I'm sure I'm missing a thread somewhere that would tie it all together... could someone fill me in?)

Thanks!

I am not one to ignore my feelings one way because of stronger feelings in another. My reaction is the sum of all my feelings organized. The NPO, however deserving they are of the war they are now in, did NOT deserve this betrayal. The war alone was karma enough. They denied the first set of terms, and now they will inevitably suffer a much harsher sentence. It only takes one war to change everything. They did not deserve the bonus humiliation of being dropped simultaneously by all of their friends. I would wish that on no alliance, no nation, no person.

Yet they wished and orchestrated the very same thing on other alliances. There is a reason that mass cancelations always precede a curbstomp, the reason most things are as they are: NPO-established precedent. I have not forgotten what started my on this crusade against them. Now that Pacifica has witnessed and felt the betrayal, I can forgive. It is a horrible experience that they should have learned the lesson of in 2006, but apparently they've completely forgotten that war. It is all the same mistakes that have brought them full circle to the same situation: a world united against them.

Polaris learned the hard way, to live by the sword is to die by the sword, but we did learn and here we are. I am disappointed in today, the pent up rage and anger released on Pacifica may well have been justified to some, but I stand in amazement at the depth of depravity expressed today here on on IRC.

I will frame it simply for you, if you consider the actions of the NPO immoral, then surely you aspire to a higher level of morality than them. To become what you accuse them of just makes you look opportunistic predators, some of you have genuine complaints, some of you are truly bandwagoners, too gutless to stand and fight without a massive uprising to sweep you along.

Some of those you accuse of cowardice have been judged by people who have never had the courage to fight before. I know many of you have been around the block, but so many of you haven't and are just riding the coat tails of those who have. So many of you have been plotting and planning for months, hiding within the hegemony itself, shaking hands with Pacifica daily, all the while measuring the distance between their ribs. Your duplicity disgusts me. To remain in a bloc with someone you hate, out of convenience is pathetic. I am pleased that the lines have finally been drawn and we don't have to put up with the speculation and schemes any longer.

If you have a genuine complaint, then charge the gates of Moo's Hell, but if you are just tagging along to chop the big boy down to size, be careful what you wish for.

Rest assured, I have been right where Pacifica stands right now, it is a sobering thought my friends, one that still chills me. Remember not to throw out the baby with the bath water, play the game in good spirits and in good faith and leave all the school yard bully crap to those who do it best. It doesn't become some of you, it is a bad fit. I know Pacifica has made mistakes, I know they have lessons to learn, just as Polaris did some months ago, but there is teaching and there is torture, remember the line please.

Good Luck to all involved, remember Polaris has several treaties that cross this conflict, I would hate to meet some of you in adverse circumstances because you fail to read.

To those who have questioned my actions today, feel free. I am more than available to answer your questions during the usual hours.

I actually appreciate you keeping this in perspective. This should still not be an excuse forget past crimes.