Petition of Cancellation

Aeternalis

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

then they will have destroyed their reputation, for a single days wait. They may be canceling their treaties, but if they attack, they should have DoW and canceled treaties in the same thread. That way they would be removing themselves from the future defects of NPO, and upholding their treaties until they expired.

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_dis...Pacific%20Order

I think if I was in NPO I would pick one of the deserting alliances and hit it full on for their disloyalty and dishonor.

OverCaffeinated, if this war was such a surprise, why were all nuclear nations in IRON in peace mode, and Valhalla in peace mode, and TPF... in peace mode... before the war started (even on NPO's declaration against OV)?

Explain that if you don't think your alliance wanted NPO's war. Explain how Q (for Quitters I think) was fully prepared for war, then suddenly the war they all expected happened and it was a surprise? Are you kidding me?

It's obvious what happened here. You guys let NPO go all-in, this "Karma" entity called and showed a royal flush, then you all magically disappeared. Trying to pull any moral high ground card makes you look like the cowards that you are.

It's ironic that Legion probably has more balls to defend NPO than their closest ally meatshield did.

I'm disappointed IRON. I haven't been a member for well over a year and a half, and it still is disappointing to see such blatant cowardice.

then they will have destroyed their reputation, for a single days wait. They may be canceling their treaties, but if they attack, they should have DoW and canceled treaties in the same thread. That way they would be removing themselves from the future defects of NPO, and upholding their treaties until they expired.

Actually I think it's the only thing that could save their reputations as it would be seen only as delaying tactic and not an abandonment of their allies.

You know whats funny, if they had honored their treaties, you would all probably be whining that they are supporting a "wrong" NPO. Either way I bet you they would have received bad PR in some manner.

Supporting allies via treaties (many times over in a lot of cases) is much different than "gg NPO."

You know whats funny, if they had honored their treaties, you would all probably be whining that they are supporting a "wrong" NPO.

Don't presume to tell me what I would do.

Either way I bet you they would have received bad PR in some manner.

This may have been the case.

Not very suprising to see IRON happy to see NPO fall so that they can claim the number one spot. As for TPF and Valhalla, hell even the GGA, for all the #$!% spoken, they all now hide in Peace Mode. Oh the irony, especially for Valhalla.

Not very suprising to see IRON happy to see NPO fall so that they can claim the number one spot. As for TPF and Valhalla, hell even the GGA, for all the #$!% spoken, they all now hide in Peace Mode. Oh the irony, especially for Valhalla.

That's precisely why I think they will join the war tonight on the side of the NPO. Cancelling on the NPO by them makes NO sense.

http://www.cybernations.net/allNations_dis...Pacific%20Order

OverCaffeinated, if this war was such a surprise, why were all nuclear nations in IRON in peace mode, and Valhalla in peace mode, and TPF... in peace mode... before the war started (even on NPO's declaration against OV)?

Simply, we felt that war was imminent due to the rash of treaty cancellations and that we would be struck preemptively by our enemies. We didn’t know what the trigger for the war would be, or even if there would be a casus belli, but never did we expect the first stone to be thrown from our camp with no consultation at all.

Explain that if you don't think your alliance wanted NPO's war. Explain how Q (for Quitters I think) was fully prepared for war, then suddenly the war they all expected happened and it was a surprise? Are you kidding me?

Yes, we are surprised. Surprised about the weak casus belli . Surprised that the NPO wouldn’t consult their strongest and most important ally before taking unilateral actions that have consequences for all. Surprised that the NPO would entertain peace negotiations without informing TORN.

But surprised that there is a war? No.

Treaties are useless. In Cybernations one can rely only upon two things for external defense:

1) True friends who will come to your aid regardless of the cost.

2) Opportunistic leeches who will help you because they see in it a benefit for themselves.

You can always count on the first, but not always the latter. It is only my abundance of the first that keeps me here despite my nation being a smoking crater. The only regret I have at being in bill lock is that I am in no position to aid my allies when they need it.

Bandwagon alliances indeed.