An Open Letter to Archon and Karma at Large

TruHartBrakN

I apologize for taking so long to make my way to this topic. As I'm sure people understand, I've been busier than ever before :(

That being said, for certain reasons I do not feel being completely open about this topic, at least not until things have run their full course. I will observe that I personally wanted to give the NPO at least some chance for peace, and peace with terms that were not as bad as the worst they have given in the past. I fought long and hard for that, and I will admit it was the one time that I did not represent Karma as one full and unified entity. I have since made my amends for that. I will also admit that the close of negotiations was not handled as smoothly as it could have been, and that we acted on the intelligence we were receiving. I could go on in greater detail, but right now I haven't the time or energy to justify the actions, or at least work to reverse some of the most fallacious comments (for instance, the one minute remark, while made, wound up being null as there was far more than a minute given).

Instead, I think I'll just man up, apologize for a scenario that did not accurately reflect the goals, ideals, and principles of Karma and more importantly myself, and take this one on the chin. It was not my finest hour, and despite what many of you think I did not derive any enjoyment from it. I am not one to gloat over those who happen to find themselves beneath me, and I am also not a very large fan of war. Having lost so many of them, the reasons should be obvious.

Any terms that are inflicted upon the losers of this war I will feel personally, whether I am under them or administrating them. I will feel them because I have been under them before, and been under ones far worse than most of you can imagine.

I draw no pleasure from this conflict. I drew no pleasure from that night. I regret my conduct, and sincerely apologize for the blemish it has left. I would hope for a cleaner war, and I would really like it if people stopped taking such venomous potshots at each other. It just won't end well for either party.

Archon, I'm sorry I didn't see this post before I replied so I wanted to tell you that you have pretty much replaced a couple of "banned/retired" members as my favorite player in this game. Seriously, you are an incredibly honorable guy (in or out of character...??) and that is why I started this topic. I hope you know that this place is better with people like you in it...

• Replies 125
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic