Seriously

Ejayrazz

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I am clearly among the vast minority willing to wait to judge this with a few days perspective. During the last war, allies of GGA and Valhalla were harshly criticized for following them into war after what was said to be a weak CB. I think we should consider that not all those involved in canceling on NPO are motivated by selfishness, but that concerns over the manner that this war started - an aggressive move during peace discussions against a far weaker foe - played a role. Or even the advice of NPO itself.

While many of us think it more honorable to hold a treaty even in the face of a cause you do not believe in, a decision not to let a bad CB not of your choosing (and perhaps without advance notice or consultation) destroy your alliance may not deserve this harsh of criticism. Would all of you truly be willing to leave your nations, and your alliances, smoldering on the short side of a massive nuclear war in support of this particular CB if there was poor communication about starting the war? And what if that ally told you to do it to save yourselves and preserve strength?

Also, I'm just not sure that another shoe won't drop on this that clarifies somewhat. We'll see. I don't think all their treaties with NPO are dropped . . .

Edited by gfloyd2002

some people should stop acting like they would decide how this conflict ends. it might seriously piss off the people who truly decide about the future. And a hint: thats not wise.

Forget NPO Viceroys.

Forget disbanding NPO.

Forget ZI'ing NPO.

Or whatever wet dreams some people might have. Nothing of that will happen.

Also I would suggest everyone listen to this, none of those thing swill happen and if that is your fantasy then you do not understand why we fight.

NPO is a community and home to many, I would sooner join them and fight under their flag than condone destroying yet another community in this game.

I love how the Karma is already acting like the war is over and they can destroy anyone in CN when NPO is only down about 900k so far. Don't think you can take on more than you can handle. Also, TPF has been on the losing side before - UJW.

Considering how many nations are in peace mode, how few nations we deployed to attack, and the lack of nukes so far; even at this rate you're set to be below 5 mil within 3 weeks.

You can't say "only 900k" and make that seem like a positive thing for you guys, especially not in this situation.

Edited by Drai

some people should stop acting like they would decide how this conflict ends. it might seriously piss off the people who truly decide about the future. And a hint: thats not wise.

Forget NPO Viceroys.

Forget disbanding NPO.

Forget ZI'ing NPO.

Hopefully so.

I love how the Karma is already acting like the war is over and they can destroy anyone in CN when NPO is only down about 900k so far. Don't think you can take on more than you can handle. Also, TPF has been on the losing side before - UJW.

Funny that you use UJP as the example of TPF being on the losing side.

The same guys bailing now bailed on Polar last year... Why is anyone shocked? The same people some of us labeled betrayers last year are betrayers yet again this year. Nothing has changed and nothing will change.

Anyone who is acting shocked right now hasn't paid attention to the past nor learned from it.

Forget NPO Viceroys.

Forget disbanding NPO.

Forget ZI'ing NPO.

Very well said - Now that doesnt mean people cant have fun with rhetoric on the forums but those are subjects that really should be left alone for the reasons stated.

Wow, what an interesting situation. IMO the worst thing that NPO has done is that they play the game so damn well. If they win, then everyone else losses, and that's just plain no fun.

I've even found myself defending their merits to my alliance mates as the greatest thing to happen to Bob. My argument is that we need to only look at the level of sophistication found in current politics to see their impact. They've played the game at a higher level for so long, it took Bob 3 years to finally catch up. Also, some of the greatest minds in this game come from or are in the NPO. Look at their leadership, NpO's leadership, NSO's leadership, Vox's leadership, and you will see what I mean. Then just look at the rest of the great players in this game, they've all been forged in Pacifica's fires; Archon and the rest of C&G for instance.

Have they screwed some people and alliances, sure, but that is the nature of the beast. Do they deserve this war? Honestly I don't know how you couldn't say otherwise. This war could be the best thing to happen to this game. I just hope this is kept in mind when things begin to settle down. Talk of destroying Pacifica is like talking about tearing down Rome. Rome fell, sure, but at the hands of barbarians, and that ushered in a century of horror. I hope that same mistake isn't replicated here.

Edit: Been, not be

Edited by eyriq