On the Bandwagon

New Frontier

Doesn't anyone else here feel as though the anti-NPO coalition is no better than the Continuum ever was? Certainly there are several alliances that have held true to their convictions always, people like MK, GR and most of the Superfriends. Others have had a true change of heart, due to government and membership changes. However, they've been reinforced by a group of flip-floppers who are merely suctioning themselves onto the strongest side.

Anyone that knows me knows I'm not the hegemony's biggest fan, but anyone with a brain knows that I'm certainly not defending them here as a sycophant. If that's what I was, I'd be posting something completely different.

At some point, everyone in this game is going to own up for their treachery, of that you can be sure. Things like this don't just get swept under the rug.

I believe Great Wars 2 and 3 tell that story fairly well.

I thought the same thing, New Frontier. This new coalition is indeed not any better than the NPO and their cronies. However, I don't really believe in "good" or "bad". Arguably, everything is "bad" and everything has merits as well. This new coalition is not morally, according to my own morals, any better than others before it. It has used some despicable and opportunistic methods to bring about this conflict and these methods contributed just as much, if not more, to the war than Pacifica's aggression and poor judgment. Thus, this new coalition isn't really "better" but it is different. Now we must watch for how much momentum they gain to see if the major political players desire the change this new "anti-hegemony" coalition has to offer.

So?

So some of us actually believed in the rhetoric used in the second GPW.

Make no mistake. I certainly don't oppose the principles of Karma. I am glad to see that some of us who suffered and died on the battlefield last time are finally making a comeback. However, I loathe bandwagonners, regardless of the side.

Lets see. Continuum blacklisted and politically isolated all of their opponents, picking them off one by one. They practiced perma-zi to the extreme and had no mercy on the common player. They've been the bullies in this game for as long as many of us have been playing.

Yes, destroying NPO totally makes us like that sort of scum.

They're not angels but to draw any sort of equivalence between many of the alliances joining Karma and the New Pacific Order and their few lackeys remaining in the Continuum and One Vision is glossing over their crimes over the past year and even longer.

One would argue that it is hypocritical to use the same tactics you claim to oppose to topple your enemy but the question is whether or not to be 'moral', in your sense of the word, is Karma's goal. As I see it, that is not the case. Overtly or not so much, Karma's goal is surely a change in world politics.

So some of us actually believed in the rhetoric used in the second GPW.

Make no mistake. I certainly don't oppose the principles of Karma. I am glad to see that some of us who suffered and died on the battlefield last time are finally making a comeback. However, I loathe bandwagonners, regardless of the side.

I can assure you that the principles of Karma are universally held in our coalition and even if some among us are "faking" the wll of Karma as a whole would override their deviations and we will not support the things we fight against now.

I can assure you that the principles of Karma are universally held in our coalition and even if some among us are "faking" the wll of Karma as a whole would override their deviations and we will not support the things we fight against now.

I expect you're right. My point isn't that Karma as a ruling body (if you'll be able to unite after the war, or if you even want to) will be as tyrannical as Pacifica. I'm not sure I even have a point. This is simply the rambling of a crochety old !@#$%^& who detests bandwagonners.

Its a war, there's two sides for people to be on (three if you include neutrality... but is "not a side" actually a side?), people are going to choose one, for good reasons or bad. What side various third parties choose is not the fault of the originators of the conflict... the blame for that rests solely on their own sovereign shoulders.

I'm glad to see alot of people usually thought of as anti-NPO so to speak catching on to this growing trend... First pezstar, now Cheyenne. Heh. Guys, open your eyes, all these people saying this isn't random.

At Cairna's "So?": that is a perfect example of the point he is trying to make, I think. Surprised you didn't follow it up with a "Do something about it!"

Wanting people to leave the game?!?

Edited by rabonnobar

Cheyenne, those in the Karma coalition would have been in Karma regardless of the outcome. The sudden cancellations were unexpected. Plus, Karma hasn't been around long enough to be compared to the Continuum. It's also a wartime coalition, and not a bloc meant to maintain a hegemony. The list goes on and on.

Most are opportunistic scum, let's not mince words.

Pacifica stands virtually alone against the world.

Excuse me? Let's not mince words here: NPO is receiving exactly what they have dealt a myriad of times. What comes around goes around, and I particularly like the name Karma has given themselves. Stop bawing and fight the war you all had coming to you.

Cheyenne, those in the Karma coalition would have been in Karma regardless of the outcome. The sudden cancellations were unexpected. Plus, Karma hasn't been around long enough to be compared to the Continuum. It's also a wartime coalition, and not a bloc meant to maintain a hegemony. The list goes on and on.

As I think I made clear earlier, I have no idea whether Karma plans to unite after the war. However, I do know that there are far too many bandwagonners, and that's something I cannot support, regardless of side.

As I think I made clear earlier, I have no idea whether Karma plans to unite after the war. However, I do know that there are far too many bandwagonners, and that's something I cannot support, regardless of side.

As idealistic as it would be for bandwagonners to not show up, it's like hoping for a crowd to not show up at a murder scene. It's inevitable.

I'm very surprised by the massive hatred against pacifica on these forums these past two days. I can understand it from nations and alliances that lost wars in the past few years, but there seem to be uncountable others (mostly in small alliances) that have absolutely no reason to react like this.

Would you care to name those bandwagoners?