Statement From the Orange Defense Network

• Replies 282
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Never thought I would say this, but Optional Defense Network Indeed...

It's cute how when they cut and ran on allies such as GOONS, NpO etc for you they where doing the right and moral thing. Glorious heroes of CN! Now, however when they do the same to you, you come here to bawwwwwwwww.

It's an alliance of invertebrates, what did you expect?

No I wouldn't. I don't go around signing treaties like a fat kid eats candy. I sign a treaty when I'm willing to go to bat for that alliance.

Some alliances on the other hand, only care for their security. Rest assured, if our treaty gets activated, we're there honoring our treaty.

And what treaties do you even sign? You're in sssw18, am I right? You're in OPP, are you not?

You're only allowed to sign treaties with TPF allies. You CANT sign treaties, otherwise.. you're handcuffed. You're muzzled. You're a lapdog. Stop yipping at people's heels, little doggy.

If you disagree with them and feel you cannot fight for them, either cancel the treaties or declare neutrality on the grounds of treaty conflicts. Just don't betray half your allies and then after the war go "so we're still best buds, right?" Despicable. That makes three alliances in one night, three alliances I respected, who have shown me and the world that their sacred word is worth no more than the dust on my feet.

-Bama

......Then again if the numbers were switched around I could easily see ODN being on NPO's side of this matter.

Best thing for you to do ODN is either declare that you're neutral or stick with the friends you have formed in previous wars. Don't dump them like you did your old allies just because it looks grim for them.....

These clarification announcements make myself feel so much luckier as an alliance, knowing our allies would never turn our treaties into something they aren't. Don't sign if you don't have the intent of upholding them.

If the treaty is good enough during good times, it's good enough during the bad.

I am really scared to see this happening. Just imagine if this becomes the normal behavior for treaties? It can not be good. Where were the cancellations in the months of drama building up? If you wanted to only uphold a few treaties then cancel the rest like everyone else. This is a huge sign of weakness and IMO worse then anything NPO did in this respect because they just canceled the treaties they didnt like.

ODN livin up to the name. Optional Defense Network. Weak show

We are optional. However, we chose to do what we believe is right. To stand up where we backed down before. To never again cowardly back out of what we knew we should do. This is ODN taking a stand. This is an Optional Defense Network I am proud of.

What did you do? Very Good Job ODN.

IRON welcomed ODN and tried to treat them well even as everyone was trolling the !@#$ out of them (notably, pretty much everyone now hailing them), IRON is also a very large part of the reason no one ever bothered to go and attack ODN. IRON has been ODN's single greatest political asset for over a year.

Indeed congratulations on standing up for the stronger side.... once again.

Yeah, ODN! Just like in GWIII!

Bunch of jerks. Now IRON, there is an independent group of thinkers who has never deferred their loyalty to strong allies.

If you disagree with them and feel you cannot fight for them, either cancel the treaties or declare neutrality on the grounds of treaty conflicts. Just don't betray half your allies and then after the war go "so we're still best buds, right?" Despicable. That makes three alliances in one night, three alliances I respected, who have shown me and the world that their sacred word is worth no more than the dust on my feet.

-Bama

I feel the same way. Its sad for planet bob

IRON welcomed ODN and tried to treat them well even as everyone was trolling the !@#$ out of them (notably, pretty much everyone now hailing them), IRON is also a very large part of the reason no one ever bothered to go and attack ODN. IRON has been ODN's single greatest political asset for over a year.

Surprising comments coming from you. Perhaps we just see it differently.