A clarification of MHA obligations.

Sorum

• Replies 262
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Choosing which treaties to follow and which ones to ignore? Heh.

I'm pretty sure that, if you go to war, you have make sure all your allies support you and the war. You don't sign treaties to gain blind followers.

That aside... I :wub: you MHA

MHA I always said that you signed too many treaties and I think that this situation is proof of that.

Regardless, I congratulate you on choosing the righteous course. MHA has always had high quality leadership.

No, on the contrary. It a Mutual Defence Pact based on mutual interests with a mutual consensus on what is just and right. To wit, the MHA feels that as to the rationale of launching of this war - to use a cliche - was not mutual.

Cowardice is standing idly as wrongs are perpetuated in your name. Cowardice is being helplessness as innocents burn before you with their cries for mercy going unheard. We are the Mostly Harmless Alliance. We are not the Mostly Cowardice alliance.

Well said.

Choosing which treaties to follow and which ones to ignore? Heh.

I would give you a counterexample of you (NPO) committing a similar act but I'm guessing MHA doesn't want their thread turn into a flame war so I bow out good sir.

Classy as always MHA. No shame is disregarding technicalities for your ethics.

No, on the contrary. It a Mutual Defence Pact based on mutual interests with a mutual consensus on what is just and right. To wit, the MHA feels that as to the rationale of launching of this war - to use a cliche - was not mutual.

Cowardice is standing idly as wrongs are perpetuated in your name. Cowardice is being helplessness as innocents burn before you with their cries for mercy going unheard. We are the Mostly Harmless Alliance. We are not the Mostly Cowardice alliance.

Maybe you should have written that in the treaty.

Or maybe 1 year cancellation was just a bit too long?

IMO, good move by MHA. The problem with treaties is that too many people were tied to each other and you end up with obligations on both sides of the fence...which doesn't work. Somebody's gotta lose out. Maybe if nothing else, this war will force all the major players to re-evaluate what it means to sign a treaty and we'll see less of them.

Technically, then precedent holds that alliance with conflicting treaties does not participate as to not go against it's treaties.

Thank you for using the megaphone to let us know you're not honoring our treaty, Sorum.

Quite simply this.

I did not know the "Order at the End of the Universe" Treaty had an optional defense clause. Even after reading it, and seeing this:

A. In the event that one of us comes under attack, the other shall provide all possible assistance. An attack on one shall be considered an attack on the other. Assistance is defined as military, economic, intelligence, diplomatic, and all other forms of aid possible to provide. In the event this clause conflicts with other agreements, each of us agrees that, except for the Mobius Accords, this agreement shall take precedence.

I still read it as you defending us if we were attacked. It seems you do not live up to your word, MHA. I'm disappointed.

Regardless of the outcome of this war, given the nature of this treaty and the sides on which you and the New Pacific Order are likely to fight (based on the list of treaties you listed), will it still be valid after the war?

Edited by Proko