The Alliance of Interdependent Nations

Sooperdooper

Preamble

With the knowledge that allied nations will be not only more secure militarily and powerful economically, but will also hold more diplomatic strength in the Cyberverse than independent nations, we the undersigned agree to the following document as the law of our nations, as long as we hold membership in the Alliance of Interdependent Nations

Section 1 – Membership

Article 1 – Entrance to the Alliance

i. Any nation, with the exception outlined in Section 1, Article 3, may apply for membership in the alliance.

ii. A nation may only be barred from entrance by either the Prime Minister or a majority vote of the Assembly.

iii. In order for an Assembly vote on a nation’s entrance to be called, a minimum of three current members must make a proposal explaining their reasons for keeping the applicant out.

iv. If a vote is called, the applicant will not be allowed into the alliance until it is completed.

v. A vote must be called before the applicant has been accepted.

Article 2 – Expulsion from the Alliance

i. A nation may only be expelled if they are found guilty of a Level 1 crime against this alliance by the Chief Justice, have been found guilty of two or more Level 2 crimes against the alliance by the Chief Justice, or have been found guilty of more than two minor crimes and are also considered a threat to the alliance by the Supreme Justice.

Article 3 – Resignation from the Alliance

i. Member nations may resign from the alliance at any time for any reason.

ii. Resigned members must gain the permission from the Prime Minister before applying for membership again.

Article 4 – Rights of Members

i. All member nations have the right to vote in alliance elections and other polls.

ii. All member nations have the right to free speech in the private areas of the alliance’s off-site forums.

iii. All member nations have the right to a fair trial by the Supreme Justice.

iv. All member nations have the right to run for office in the alliance.

v. All member nations have the right to membership in the Assembly.

vi. All member nations have the right to bring fellow members to trial.

Section 2 – Leadership in the alliance

Article 1 – Prime Minister

i. The Prime Minister is the highest office within the alliance.

ii. The Prime Minister shall be elected by the Assembly every two months.

iii. The Prime Minister will appoint a cabinet as outlined in Section 2, Article 2, within a week of his election.

iv. The Prime Minister has the power to suspend any nation’s membership for up to 48 hours if they are considered a threat to an alliance.

v. The Prime Minister will be taxed with presiding over the Cabinet and the alliance as a whole, representing the alliance on the world stage, ensuring that all nations’ rights are upheld and defended.

vi. The Prime Minister is the chief diplomat of the alliance, and is responsible for negotiating peace in times of war.

vii. The Prime Minister is to make himself available to members of the Assembly as much as possible.

viii. The Prime Minister reserves the right to rearrange and reappoint his Cabinet at any time in his term.

ix. Should the Prime Minister resign during his term, he is replaced by the Minister of the Interior until the next election. Should the new Prime Minister resign, he is replaced by the Supreme Justice.

x. The Prime Minister holds veto over all Assembly decisions made with less than a two-thirds decision.

xi. A Prime Ministerial veto may be overturned by a two-thirds vote.

xii. The Prime Minister may declare war unilaterally, but if he does so they are immediately brought before the Supreme Justice for an impeachment trial.

xiii. The Prime Minister may obtain Emergency Powers in case of an alliance crisis.

xiv. An alliance crisis is defined as one of the following: A State of War, any time that alliance membership is below 25 members, or any other situation deemed an emergency by an Assembly vote.

xv. The Prime Ministers Emergency Powers are as follows: The Prime Minister may postpone elections until the crisis is past, or for up to one month, whichever is longer; the Prime Minister may act as Supreme Justice; the Prime Minister may act as all members of Cabinet; and the Prime Minister may cancel treaties unilaterally.

xvi. The Prime Minister’s Emergency Powers are removed at the end of the crisis, or by a two-thirds decision of the House of Commons.

Article 2 – Cabinet

i. The Cabinet shall be appointed by the Prime Minister and is made up of the Minister of Foreign Relations, the Minister of Defence, the Minister of Trade, Minister of the Interior and the Speaker of the House of Commons.

ii. The Minister of Foreign Relations (MoFA) is responsible for all diplomatic relations between the alliance and foreign powers. The MoFA is also responsible for negotiating treaties with foreign powers and organizing the diplomatic corps.

iii. The Minister of Defence (MoD) is responsible for all military action between the alliance and foreign powers and for organizing the alliance’s military.

iv. The Minister of Trade (MoT) is responsible for aiding all member nations in getting trades, for managing and organizing the alliance banks and for establishing all aid.

v. The Minister of the Interior (MoI) is responsible for recruiting new member nations to the alliance, for accepting and masking new member nations, for maintaining the alliance’s offsite forums and for managing all elections.

vi. The Speaker of the House of Commons (Speaker) is to act as chairman for the House of Commons, to act as a spokesman for the House of Commons and to vote in all House of Commons decisions. Should the House of Commons vote end in a tie, the Speaker’s vote counts for two votes.

vii. All members of the Cabinet are to keep the Prime Minister aware of the goings on in their respective departments.

Article 3 – House of Commons

i. The House of Commons is made up of nine elected Parliamentarians, as well as the Speaker.

ii. The House of Commons is elected twice a month by the Assembly, on months that the Prime Minister is not elected.

iii. The House of Commons votes on all treaties, and those treaties will be passed by a simple majority.

iv. The House of Commons may impeach the Supreme Justice with a unanimous decision.

v. The House of Commons may declare war on a foreign power with a two thirds decision.

vi. The House of Commons may block a Cabinet appointment with a two-thirds majority vote.

vii. The House of Commons may impeach the Prime Minister with a 9/10 decision.

viii. The House of Commons may overrule the Supreme Justice’s rulings with a unanimous decision.

Article 4 – Assembly

i. The Assembly is made up of all member nations of the alliance.

ii. The Assembly reserves the right to impeach any government official with a three quarters majority vote.

iii. The Assembly is responsible for electing government officials.

Section 3 – The Judiciary

Article 1 – Supreme Justice

i. The Supreme Justice is the head of the Judiciary, and is answerable only to the House of Commons.

ii. The Supreme Justice is elected every second month, at the same time as the Prime Minister.

iii. The Supreme Justice will preside over all trials brought before him, and will decide if any actions by any member states are either detrimental to the alliance or this charter, and exact punishment on them.

iv. The Supreme Justice may veto any amendments to this document that he sees as contrary to the spirit of this document.

v. The Supreme Justice is taxed with upholding this document.

Section 4 – Mergers, Disbanding and Amendments

Article 1 – Mergers

i. An annexation may be accepted with the Prime Minister’s approval.

ii. An annexation is defined as when a foreign power joins the alliance as a whole, and the alliance changes neither its name nor its charter, and accepts no new treaties in the process of the annexation.

iii. All mergers must be passed by a two-thirds majority of the House of Commons, a two-thirds majority of the Assembly, and must have the approval of both the Prime Minister and the Supreme Justice.

iv. A merger is a when the alliance and a foreign power combine to form a new power, and the alliance changes either its name, its charter or it accepts new treaties in the course of the merger.

Article 2 – Disbanding

i. In order for the alliance to disband, it takes the approval of both the Prime Minister, the Supreme Justice, and a unanimous decision of the House of Commons.

Article 3 – Amendments

i. This document may be amended by a two thirds decision of the House of Commons.

Conclusion:

And so we hereby invest our trust and our loyalties into the government set forth in this document, and agree to all sections and articles found within.

I'll make forums if anyone shows interest.