Humpty Dumpty

Bralor

So, many of you are currently aware of the recent rounds of DoW's. Then you add in the quite amusing cancellation of Sparta's MDP with NPO (Which, I personally think was not a smart move, but quite funny in the end). You have alliances leaving Q, and things are naturally going to heat up as we get closer to update tonight. My thoughts on this are my own, and not my alliances. I'm not here to bash the New Pacific Order or join in on the bandwagon. I'm here to say, with reluctance, that I accept this war as inevitable. There was a thread made by a gentleman by the name of Archon. He had some truths about this war correct, that is, if you can count the words of an unverifiable, biased party, truth.

Removing all bias aside, and taking away personal feelings of whom you support, you the reader, can come to the conclusion that this war was bound to happen. It is not, as Archon would say, clearly avoidable. The consistent moves by other powers will always result in a culmination of fire, death, and unbridled aggression. It comes with the territory so to speak. Whenever you have a set establishment, there will always be those that will seek to undermine it, and ultimately, to replace it with their own set system of hegemony. It's not necessarily a new concept. Merely one that has been repackaged and transmitted through various forms over the years. What is important however, is that the results of the aftermath's of such events, will be felt for a long, long time.

I can't help but wonder, did I join at the appropriate time? What if I just joined CN, only to see my nation reduced to a smoldering pile of ashes? Will my alliance protect me? Better still, will my alliance still be around in the end? These questions stick in my mind like a bad buzzing in my brain, and something I need to ask myself. The only answer I have, is that I believe in peace, and that in the end, a change of the political pecking order may in the end, do some good for CyberNations. I've read the histories, I've paid attention to the banter and the flames this week. I notice considerable friction from two, even three sides. My only hope is that the side that is victorious will set about repairing damage, and not imposing it wantonly.

Well, look at it this way..you just joined so rebuilding will be quite easy. :D

Wow, hey good job there Woodrow, Im sure you did alot to appease the fears and questions of a new member of CN! Hurray for Pacifica.....NOT!

To the OP, I know many are feeling like you right now, on both sides of the fence and well thank you for being so sincere about your feelings that is something truely lacking in CN. Good luck I suppose.

you are right and wrong.

Wars are unavoidable. One cannot place 100 men in a room and not a have a distinguished groups after 3 days. But know this not all groups want to rule. Some are just happy having a fun time in their own little corner of reality until someone comes along and attempts to make them do their bidding. So you are right to say wars are unavoidable but no war ever had to happen.

Much of this game's fun is related to war, if not all of it. No, there will always be conflict, even if the reasons for it have to be fabricated. In the months to come, another will rise to take on the mantle NPO left, and these events will continue in cycle. War never changes.