Lol, Snap

Xiphosis

11/2/2006 7:12:48 PM (900 Days)

900 days of this frickin' game. 800 of those, at least, spent doing Foreign Affairs. 700 or so in an alliance of my own creating. Four great wars. A ton of treaties, friends, drama, rage, and hope. Still playing this damn game. Can't really think of anything to say except... I've lost a lot of friends over the years, most to politics, a few to RL, and I'd like to give them a last shout-out. It's the nostalgic old man in me.

First and foremost, KasMage. You were a great ally, you had a great vision and you handled yourself with the respect of someone far to legit for this game. Chased out before your time.

Second, Hirve. You were our diplomat from ONOS, and you were our first member from CN itself. Constantly indecisive and unsure of yourself, but a damn good guy and a great member for a long time. I still miss you a bit from time to time.

Third, Piro. Easily irritated and kinda full of yourself, you were fun as hell to be around and you made the game interesting for those around you. Lot of people still hate you, but we had some good times and I won't be forgetting it anytime soon.

Fourth, Daemon Vower. If anyone on this game mixed not taking crap with a sense of humor and being a legitimately good person, it was you. An evil, trollish GOON you still were decent even when it wasn't "required" by FA, as I'm sure some old FARKistanis can attest to, and you to made the game fun for those of us you hung around with. Probably the biggest loss of UJW.

Fifth, iClean. Damn you were a cool ally. Quick, solid and confident with your choices, you were everything I could've asked for in an ally. I didn't know ACV particularly as well as IPA or TOH when TT formed, but in retrospect I really I wish I had. A really great CN personality, it's a shame your trust bit you in the $@!.

Sixth, Twoc. You were everything great about MK, and the biggest reason we were allies short of Archon himself. Just completely relentless and awesome, I miss having you around a great deal.

Seventh, Palehorse. You ruled man. You were some freaky twin and I loved you for it. An awesome ally, a brother in arms throughout UJW, and an embodiment of everything that was good about ASC & UJP, the game lost something good when you left.

Eighth, Dwitty. You, among all, were probably the biggest critic of me when we started and the most paranoid of me abusing my powers. You did great things with our IA department, and the growth we had under you probably hasn't been matched until very recently thanks to Aloop & co. The Viricide took it's toll on you, as it did most of us, and you ended up dropping out and nuking NPO a ton in retaliation. I think we all understood, and I know you felt betrayed we didn't join you in it. Hope you're well.

Ninth, TypoNinja. Christ I miss you. A great Viridian, a relentless friend, war-time comrade and the foundation along with the biggest advocate of the VE-GOD relationship for a very long time. I dunno why you stopped playing, but you were a gigantic loss both to Viridia and the game as a whole.

All of these people provided friendship, new ideas, and conversation throughout the time I've spent here, and honestly, made the game worth playing and fun. So here's to old friends, and current ones. You guys keep me going.

64086741a0f9f52441.jpg

(no that isn't me, please stop asking)

Edited by Xiphosis

Sixth, Twoc. You were everything great about MK, and the biggest reason we were allies short of Archon himself. Just completely relentless and awesome, I miss having you around a great deal.

Did Twoc go to MK after GOONS died? Good bloke, one of multicore's WOGS squad, iirc.

Fourth, Daemon Vower. If anyone on this game mixed not taking crap with a sense of humor and being a legitimately good person, it was you. An evil, trollish GOON you still were decent even when it wasn't "required" by FA, as I'm sure some old FARKistanis can attest to, and you to made the game fun for those of us you hung around with. Probably the biggest loss of UJW.

Couldn't have said it better myself Xiphosis. Miss ya DV :(

Congrats on 900 days Xiph, I passed it myself not too long ago and couldn't help but remembering all that has changed since day #1.

You old man you.

11/2/2006 7:12:48 PM (900 Days)

Eighth, Dwitty. You, among all, were probably the biggest critic of me when we started and the most paranoid of me abusing my powers. You did great things with our IA department, and the growth we had under you probably hasn't been matched until very recently thanks to Aloop & co. The Viricide took it's toll on you, as it did most of us, and you ended up dropping out and nuking NPO a ton in retaliation. I think we all understood, and I know you felt betrayed we didn't join you in it. Hope you're well.

Dwitty never gets enough credit. His IA work laid the foundation for all the success we've had.

Edited by Aloop