NoCB or War of the Coalition?

arentak

NoCB or War of the Coalition  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

OOC: The South calls it the Civil war, and the North calls it the War Between the States. You got it backwards.

That being said, I usually say BLEU-Contrinuum war or Great War V.

OOC: um, ive never heard of it as the War Between the States, and i live in the north (wisconsin, in fact). we all call it the Civil War. . .

IC: i also call it the BLEU-Continuum war, though i think it was too one sided to be a great war :\

OOC: The South calls it the Civil war, and the North calls it the War Between the States. You got it backwards.

That being said, I usually say BLEU-Contrinuum war or Great War V.

OC: Not quite. New York State resident here... not once have I heard anyone here refer to it as "War Between the States". Everyone calls it Civil War.

OOC: Almost everyone calls it the Civil War, but some in the South call it the War of Northern Aggression.

IC:

They're both kind of meh. That being said, The War of the Coalition is a lot less biased.

For the last time... they were two completely seperate wars - do not drag the Coalition down to the levels of the likes of GGA and Valhalla

There was only one announcement indicating who was actually a member of the 'Coalition' coalition (seriously, was that the best you guys could come up with? I'll bet it was the same guy that designed the Q flag :P), and believe it or not, Valhalla and GGA were right there with the rest of you.

Official Coalition Nuclear Doctrine

Signed,

Valhalla

The Old Guard

The Phoenix Federation

Independent Republic of Orange Nations

Viridian Entente

North Atlantic Treaty Organization

Ragnarok

The Order of Righteous Nations

Multicolored Cross-X Alliance

The Grämlins

The Order of the Paradox

Umbrella

FOK

RnR

Farkistan

Grand Global Alliance

Poison Clan

Molon Labe

It's also incorrect but don't let get that in your way. The whole BLEU vs Q, as you name it, happened AFTER Hyperion, GR, MK ... had been hit for no good reason. Hence why it should be called the noCB war. GGA/Valhalla had no decent CB to attack (in fact, they tried to force one out of Hyperion) and Polar got attacked while its allies were occupied somewhere else. Despite what some of I'm friends and allies now say, I am still convinced "the Coalition" wouldn't have moved had GR, STA ... not been at war.

While not accurate, adequate. On the whole everyone on one side had strong ties to a major member in BLEU and on the other side had strong ties to a player in the Continuum.

But compared to the alternatives. War of the Coalitions? Every major war involves coalitions. The name is thoroughly generic and describes nothing.

"NoCB War?" Almost every war has a dubious casus belli in part due to the legalistic streek in the game. No one can just say, "We have been having tensions for months and we feel it's time to resolve them on the battlefield starting now" or even "We're bored and it's about time we had a major war." Instead tortured logic tends to be used usually on an issue such as spying. Part of it is also the treaty web. In order for it not to implode on itself with conflicts a target usually small is chosen as not to set off too many treaties at once. All good reasons why the current treaty system should be reformed. But that's a different issue entirely.

But a dubious, tortured, or at least stretched CB seems the rule rather than the exception and thus naming a war for that fact again seems redudant and rather non-descriptive.