NoCB or War of the Coalition?

arentak

NoCB or War of the Coalition  

217 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The way people from opposite sides refer to it as nocb or War of the Coalition reminds me of the North referring to "the Civil War", and the South referring to "The War Between the States", or sometimes as "The War of Northern Aggression"

I support War of the Coalition for 2 reasons.

1. The wiki article refers to it this way

2. Victors write the history, the NoCB/FBI (Friends Before Infra) side lost (but I agree, the starting Hyperion CB was not firm)

The way people from opposite sides refer to it as nocb or War of the Coalition reminds me of the North referring to "the Civil War", and the South referring to "The War Between the States", or sometimes as "The War of Northern Aggression"

I support War of the Coalition for 2 reasons.

1. The wiki article refers to it this way

2. Victors write the history, the NoCB/FBI (Friends Before Infra) side lost (but I agree, the starting Hyperion CB was not firm)

These aren't the greatest reasons, but noCB war can honestly refer to a lot of them. The War of the Coalition is recognizable, different, and fairly unbiased.

NoCB war may be a bit of a biased name, but it's the best name proposed as of yet and WotC is a stupid sounding name for certain. =_=

How about we compromise and call it the "are you polar too stupid to read" war, or "ARPTStR". I think that would work just fine. ^_^

Victors write the history, the NoCB/FBI (Friends Before Infra) side lost (but I agree, the starting Hyperion CB was not firm)

You are saying TOP went to war because of a weak to no CB. This is a damning condemnation of your own government and quite a few alliances you are strongly connected with. This attempt to rename the war is nothing but a PR stunt because of the high tensions on Bob at the moment.

Edited by Alterego

Uhhhhhh why only two choices?

Other names (should be added):

- The Final Countdown

- The End of Fanicide

- The Almost... about to be there... might happen... is gonna happen... isn't gonna happen... has to happen eventually... war.

Uhhhhhh why only two choices?

Other names (should be added):

- The Final Countdown

- The End of Fanicide

- The Almost... about to be there... might happen... is gonna happen... isn't gonna happen... has to happen eventually... war.

Think past, not future.

Victors only write history due to winning generally giving their side of the story more credibility or eliminating opposing sources. It's not like some peace term where the losers say "oh you won well you can say whatever you want I guess." Colloquially I usually just call it "the war" though when I call it by a name I use noCB War. If the Coalition insists their war with Polar was a separate conflict (I'm not sure if that's the party line any more but I remember it used to be) then that leaves the war MK fought otherwise nameless.

EDIT: Well, I guess there's the Hyperion War too though that implies it was about Hyperion when as far as I know Hyperion was merely an excuse to get at other alliances.

Edited by Matthew George

I preferred BLEU - Continuum War. Neutral and described the two major blocs that drew everyone else in to either side.

It's also incorrect but don't let get that in your way. The whole BLEU vs Q, as you name it, happened AFTER Hyperion, GR, MK ... had been hit for no good reason. Hence why it should be called the noCB war. GGA/Valhalla had no decent CB to attack (in fact, they tried to force one out of Hyperion) and Polar got attacked while its allies were occupied somewhere else. Despite what some of I'm friends and allies now say, I am still convinced "the Coalition" wouldn't have moved had GR, STA ... not been at war.

Names used for general reference (including Wiki) should be uncomplicated and neutral. War of the Coalition fits the bill in that regard.

On their own, each individual or alliance can refer to the war any way they choose. Whether it is NoCB war, the Second Patriotic War, or whatever.

Second Great Patriotic War Gets my vote.

This name is biased though. We need an unbiased and neutral name for it.

The First Spongeonic War

This upcoming war will be the Second Spongeonic War, or the Battle of Spongealoo

I don't think this is good either, as it only refers to one person.

OOC: The South calls it the Civil war, and the North calls it the War Between the States. You got it backwards.

That being said, I usually say BLEU-Contrinuum war or Great War V.