World Map 6.0

LeVentNoir

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah 6.00 beta up.

Problems noted so far.

- No great lakes, some people object, however, the overwater borders are there and if you can find me a good high quality first miller equidistant cylindrical projection - http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MillerEquidis...Projection.html I'll add them in.

-Some of the US states have clipping issues, I'll try to fix each on you bring up.

Links to pictures are not acceptable as claims, lists of RL nations / first level administrative borders are ok.

Yeah 6.00 beta up.

Problems noted so far.

- No great lakes, some people object, however, the overwater borders are there and if you can find me a good high quality first miller equidistant cylindrical projection - <a href="http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MillerEquidistantProjection.html" target="_blank">http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MillerEquidis...Projection.html</a> I'll add them in.

-Some of the US states have clipping issues, I'll try to fix each on you bring up.

Links to pictures are not acceptable as claims, lists of RL nations / first level administrative borders are ok.

What if it doesn't conform to that stuff? Mine conforms to a highway.

What if it doesn't conform to that stuff? Mine conforms to a highway.

Well then, find the closest one.

Um, that current map you are using, doesn't have the U.S. state of Michigan. Most of my CNRP nation is located on the area where Michigan is.

Actually it does. It just goes to the overwater border with Canada, with the great lakes part of the state included. So, yes it does have it. Its missing the lakes.

My current Claims are:

Honshu, Hokkaido, Sahklin Island and Oblast, Penghu island (inbetween taiwan and the mainland), The Northern Marianas + Guam (exclusing Saipan), Khabarovsk Krai, Primorye Krai, Manchuria (Heilongjiang, Jilin, and Liaoning provinces), and Jiangsu and Zhejiang Provinces, and Shanghai Municipality

1183nkh.png

Edited by Lord Frost

Still.... awkward... :huh:

I'm working on it, and have found a nice map of the lakes to glue in.

This all might take several days before I have 6.01 up, maybe a week. As before, don't rush us, don't complain one I have noted the problem.

Edited by LeVentNoir

Yeah 6.00 beta up.

Problems noted so far.

- No great lakes, some people object, however, the overwater borders are there and if you can find me a good high quality first miller equidistant cylindrical projection - <a href="http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MillerEquidistantProjection.html" target="_blank">http://mathworld.wolfram.com/MillerEquidis...Projection.html</a> I'll add them in.

I'm an American with Venezuelan claims. I don't know what the 'first level administrative borders' are even called. Besides, most of that claim conforms to said borders with a few rivers and highways thrown in.

Thanks you LVN (or sargun?) for taking up the new role as Cartographer, I don't think I could ever bring myself to voluntarily recreate the entire CNRP map :/, your efforts are appriciated. That being said the Imperial Alliance held several claims. I just took screenshots of of them on the old map and colored them red. Some of them did not follow natural boundaries so I couldn't think of another solution.

Territory1.jpg

(original Claim - Kerguelen Islands)

territitory4.jpg

(Ceded by Triyun Modern Day Romania)

territory3.jpg

(Gained in post war - Kolguyev Islands, and southern lands.)

Territory2.jpg

(Deal made with Raritan - Norfolk)

territory5.jpg

(Ceded by Shan Revan RP in progress - Western Saharan lands held by naboo)

Edited by iamthey

I'm an American with Venezuelan claims. I don't know what the 'first level administrative borders' are even called. Besides, most of that claim conforms to said borders with a few rivers and highways thrown in.

Well, go and find out. This is CNRP, and people might have to put some effort in. Go research your claims.

@ iamthey, names of nations / first level administrative areas please!

Well, go and find out. This is CNRP, and people might have to put some effort in. Go research your claims.

@ iamthey, names of nations / first level administrative areas please!

Well we HAVE put effort in it, I found a very specific highway and even provided a map that includes city names. If this map isn't going to conform to our actual CNRP boarders then it isn't the worth the trouble of upkeeping.

Forcing all claims to conform to first level boundaries isn't going to work. My claims in africa would either have to be shrunk unreasonably or expanded to a level that other empires wouldn't like. I would lose my claim in north America or Raritian would have to give up large pieces of land, and my russian land would have to be expanded into the NC protectorate. The map needs to have the flexibility to fit the claims it is too late to say only First level boundaries. :/ You could have first level boundaries then just create new layers over the map as they did in RP-R. That way you can allow existing claims and then move everyone into first level boundaries in the future.

Edited by iamthey

Forcing all claims to conform to first level boundaries isn't going to work. My claims in africa would either have to be shrunk unreasonably or expanded to a level that other empires wouldn't like. I would lose my claim in north America or Raritian would have to give up large pieces of land, and my russian land would have to be expanded into the NC protectorate. The map needs to have the flexibility to fit the claims it is too late to say only First level boundaries. :/ You could have first level boundaries then just create new layers over the map as they did in RP-R. That way you can allow existing claims and then move everyone into first level boundaries in the future.

Or, we can continue to use and update the old CNRP world map. I also agree with you, part of my CNRP nation is in Canada. My nation either has to give up about one third of it's land or expand greatly, enough to anger people.

Edited by HHAYD

Atlantian Federation Claims:

Most of Virginia, except what is Ardorian or Imperial Alliance.

Delaware

Maryland

Pennsylvania

Ohio

West Virginia

Western part of NY. Use the old map to draw the border, preferably as clost to the original RV/J Andres border in NY as possible.

Tahoe comprises of:

Washington

Oregon

California

Nevada

Idaho

Utah

Arizona

Montana

Wyoming

Colorado

Hawaii

Baja california

Cuba

Bahamas

Qeshm Island (in the Strait of Hormuz near Iran)

Gibraltar

Lower third of Vancouver Island

British Columbia stretching from the lower third of Vancouver Island across the mainland about halfway down the Washington border