World Map 6.0

LeVentNoir

This is world map 6.0. Rules from 5.0 will be carried over. I now ask people to post any and all claims in the most full and explicit detail possible, referencing RL geography where possible.

I am not the mapmaker. I am simply someone who maintains a OP. The community is the map maker. Anyone and everyone can edit the map, and if it accepted, the new version will be added to here.

Map 6.01.00

NOTE: New RP'ers are encouraged to read the General RP Guidelines BEFORE checking in here. The G-RP-G's can be found by clicking here.

GENERAL GUIDELINES

Map Guidelines

Main one: Claims must be supported by RP

Secondary: You may not claim any area not within your SoI without contested RP.

These are non negotiable.

* Protectorates can be claimed by new nations. They are not part of the nation that has their name of it and they will normally be ceded to new nations. However, you must talk to the owner first before claiming anything.

* If you want to claim an area already claimed, you must first work something out with the owner.

* Generally, if you lose your claim due to RP circumstances (Usually war), you aren't getting back on the map, at least not right away. This isn't a set in stone thing, and is usually applied on a case-by-case basis.

*There are three ways to gain land: A - Claiming it through your SoI, B - Conquering it from a sovereign nation, C- Being given the land by others in a RP'd IC manner. OOC gifting is to be ignored.

Thread/Behavior Guidelines

* This is primarily an OOC Thread. Keep IC to a minimum, use IC tags if possible. I understand that there is no way for me to prevent IC, but I do hope you can at least keep it at a minimum.

* If you break forum rules, or the CN ToS in this thread, you WILL be reported to the admins/mods.

* But most of all, if you have questions, ASK THEM! The only stupid questions are the ones never asked.

* If you guys want to brawl over something, take it outside or I'll break it up and you don't want me to break it up.

* NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER demand an update from me or any of the other cartographers. I will update at least once a week and in most cases, more than that. I enjoy doing this but its still hard. You demand updates from me, and I'll give you an update. An update that has you purged from it.

Purge

Inactive RP nations have been purged from the map. If you come back to find you are one of these nations, PM me privately, and we'll talk.

Ban List

====

Just remember. Everyone who's worked on this, do or did so because we felt we are doing a service. We're busy folks taking some time to help. This is a big project. Your patience is appreciated.

Ammendments. 15/5/09 15:32 GMT+12 Altered C of how to gain land to clarify IC gifting was allowed, but OOC was to be ignored.

Edited by LeVentNoir

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So you're going to be the mapmaker?

My territories:

Bermuda

North Carolina

South Carolina

Georgia

Alabama

Mississippi

A sliver of Virginia (see the current world map for how Virginia's divided up between me, Atlantian Federation, and Imperial Alliance.

Edited by Raritan

I know this world map is new and all but could whoever owns the island of Guadancanal please PM me about the prospect of me possibly gaining control of it thank you.

Edited by King Kevz

Yeah. It may take a few days to chop up the map and find all the claims etc.

Just btw, my own claims.

Polynesia, minus hawaii and french polynesia

New Zealand, including all dependancies, territories and states in free association

New Caledonia

Fiji

Vanuatu

Macquarie island

Norfolk Island

Solomon Island chain.

I claim the following regions of Russia:

Bashkortostan Republic

Chelyabinsk Oblast

Orenburg Oblast

Same as before. :)

My constant re-rolling doesn't allow for any more, or else I'd ask Nordlandic Confederacy for what's left of Komi as well as Udmurtiya :P

These are Mexican states, though I would like to request more, If possible...but so far:

EAST SIDE:

Chiapas

tabasco

campeche

Quintana Roo

WEST SIDE:

Guerrero

Oaxaca

Veracruz

Everything in between those states, including the states, is part of Quixotica.

My claims:

Saipan and Tinian in the pacific. See here.

The Canary Islands.

In Canada: Labrador, Nunavut, Northwestern Territories, Yukon, parts of Quebec and Ontario.

Southwestern greenland.

For Canadian and Greenlandian claims, you can also consult the following map: Click me (It's the best map I currently have, even if it shows the extent of my SOSUS. I assume nobody metagames about that.)

Edit: I forgot the island of Madeira, which is about 100-200 km north of the Canaries. In the picture, it's right above the "Canary Is." letters.

Edited by Lynneth

-updates

-updates

NOTE: New RP'ers are encouraged to read the General RP Guidelines BEFORE checking in here. The G-RP-G's can be found by clicking here.

GENERAL GUIDELINES

Map Guidelines

* Protectorates can be claimed by new nations. They are not part of the nation that has their name of it and they will normally be ceded to new nations. However, you must talk to the owner first before claiming anything.

* If you want to claim an area already claimed, you must first work something out with the owner.

* Generally, if you lose your claim due to RP circumstances (Usually war), you aren't getting back on the map, at least not right away. This isn't a set in stone thing, and is usually applied on a case-by-case basis.

*There are three ways to gain land: A - Claiming it through your SoI, B - Conquering it from a sovereign nation, C- Being given the land by others.

Thread/Behavior Guidelines

* This is primarily an OOC Thread. Keep IC to a minimum, use IC tags if possible. I understand that there is no way for me to prevent IC, but I do hope you can at least keep it at a minimum.

* If you break forum rules, or the CN ToS in this thread, you WILL be reported to the admins/mods.

* But most of all, if you have questions, ASK THEM! The only stupid questions are the ones never asked.

* If you guys want to brawl over something, take it outside or I'll break it up and you don't want me to break it up.

* NEVER, EVER, EVER, EVER demand an update from me or any of the other cartographers. I will update at least once a week and in most cases, more than that. I enjoy doing this but its still hard. You demand updates from me, and I'll give you an update. An update that has you purged from it.

Purge

Inactive RP nations have been purged from the map. If you come back to find you are one of these nations, PM me privately, and we'll talk.

Ban List

====

Just remember. Everyone who's worked on this, do or did so because we felt we are doing a service. We're busy folks taking some time to help. This is a big project. Your patience is appreciated.