Resignation from GM position and CNRP

Sargun II

Someone (or people, presumably those who don't have the balls to say it to my face) thinks I'm on a power trip as a GM. That's fine with me. I overreacted, and I've admitted it, I've gone along with HK's ruling even though I don't have to (although it would be very unwise to go against a mod) and I haven't made any decisions that I see as being a conflict of interest. Naturally, people get pissed when something doesn't fit their viewpoint, and I'm fed up with it.

This is a roleplaying board. I volunteered to do all of this. As a GM, a mapmaker, even a player, I've gone with some ridiculous !@#$%^&*. As a player, I can easily separate the OOC/IC line, as evidenced very clearly in the most recent was in Europe where I was going against my friends Mykep, Lynneth, LVN and Imperator (to say a few) to align with Vektor, Martens and BR (only one of whom I'm even mildly friends with). Before that, I had a feud with Frost about the whole 'attacking my protectorate' thing and we still remained good buddies. Sumeragi and I, until recently when she tried a power grab to become a GM, remained good friends even when I was warring her. Just as a player, my actions should show that I'm unbiased yet still people seem fit to call me out. As a GM, I have agreed to re-rolling nukes when they were called as bias (when Lavo nuked everyone a few months ago), I agreed with the lifting of some harsh penalties put down by Mercy but I also laid down the penalties without bias - even to Lavo, one of my better friends. Finally, during the map crisis I even proposed to split the map duties 50/50. Look how that went. Even when I say things like "I won't allow that" people seem to think that I'm talking as a GM and cry "power trip" - just shut up.

Of course, people will go on about unfair treatment no matter what I said. I don't even know why I wrote that paragraph. To Sumeragi, I do apologize for overreacting. A wipe and a 60-day ban were much too harsh and I understand that.

To the rest of you, have fun. I'll stick around as Artemis with only Palau, Hileysburgh (small baltic port in Europe) and Italy/Sicily. The rest are going to be split up as I see fit and will be split up ICly.

Hope we find someone who's willing to put up with our !@#$.

$%&@ you too, Baron.

I'm standing by my opinions. If you have a problem with my opinions, talk to me on MSN, I'm almost always online.

Also, I think this counts as a flame.

EDIT: I see you reported yourself.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Sorry Sargun, but I'm for the election too. The RPers should choose who the GM is.

Still, you were a great GM and player Sargun. I'll miss that 1/3 of the world covered in yellow.

Not really the GM has authority just below a Mod not reliable to let it be based on popularity rather than a mod judgement there is a reason Federal Judges are appointed.

Not really the GM has authority just below a Mod not reliable to let it be based on popularity rather than a mod judgement there is a reason Federal Judges are appointed.

Appointed by an ELECTED official, there is still representation in that system.

We have no representation in this one.

Well its sad that you had to take **** from punks. People should sit down, shut up and just accept when things don't go with them. 99% of CNRP has the maturity and ****s to do this, some people are not fit to be on here.

You were an excellent GM, Sargun. It is a shame that we in the NC will not have the pleasure of "dealing" with you in the future. You are a great friend and an ally, and I do hope to continue conversation with you as much as possible.

Good luck in your future.

Well, we're all human, and we all make mistakes. All I can say is...you did the best you could with the situation you were given, and even if I didn't agree with all your decisions, you still TRIED to do what you thought was right.

Take care now, Sargun. B)

Edited by Subtleknifewielder

I am truly sorry that being a GM turned out to be too stressful for you, Sargun. I understand what you went through. You were a good GM and RP'er, and you will be genuinely missed.

EDIT: IIRC, GM's ARE Moderator-appointed... so I'd reckon they reach a consensus before doing so, thus some sort of "election between mods" going on.

Edited by V The King

Aww...you were (wait, are) a great CNRPer and a good GM (although I must admit that you overstepped your authority a bit, but that's not the point). I will miss ya (although I can still catch ya on AIM and IRC :wub:), and good luck in RP.

o/ Sarggy!