Announcement from NATO

• Replies 144
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Good eyes sir.

I'd guess it was a cheapist $20 watch, doesn't look to be anything special, proberly has cheap gimmicks like 'can go 5 metres under water' and such. The black outline normally reveals those type of watches. I prefer a Silver watch myself, if i was cool enough i'd go for a pocketwatch, but i just cant pull it off.

A pocket watch would indeed by a most cool addition, I would agree. Taking the image at hand, having the girl pull a finely made golden pocketwatch out of her breast area would most certainly be the epitome of :awe:

To the untrained eye, that watch would seem like it's worth a pretty penny, when in fact it's probably a watch that any regular Joe-Shmoe could purchase if they had the dongs lying around. I agree with MT on his analysis of the watch.

Your support is noted and valued friend.

Now back on topic, the what're peoples thoughts on the plastic arrows being used, have we reached the days when wood is not seen as a good enough weapon of war on bob? If you note there is a holder in the bottom corner, i'm at a loss as to why she simply doesn't have them over her shoulder, if she was a warrior in my army she would have to carry her own, and would simply not have the time to take them out of that clearly capacity inefficent holder.

Now back on topic, the what're peoples thoughts on the plastic arrows being used, have we reached the days when wood is not seen as a good enough weapon of war on bob? If you note there is a holder in the bottom corner, i'm at a loss as to why she simply doesn't have them over her shoulder, if she was a warrior in my army she would have to carry her own, and would simply not have the time to take them out of that clearly capacity inefficent holder.

Well in fairness she's not in any sort of army but I suppose if she say joined a group of fellow archers intent on say turning some French knights into pincushions they would say give her some training of some sort in proper arrow storage.

My good man have you seen the firmness and stability of that bow? It's a special one indeed and I pity the man who wouldn't want to try that bow out for target practice.
I'm not denying that the bow in itself is excellent, or at least as excellent as a fake plastic toy can be. What I'm arguing is the fact that your standards are so low that you would use the bow below without a second thought:

native_american_woman_with_a_bow_and_arrow.jpg

Edited by Fallen_Fool

What would Ken barlow do tbh?

Well in fairness she's not in any sort of army but I suppose if she say joined a group of fellow archers intent on say turning some French knights into pincushions they would say give her some training of some sort in proper arrow storage.
I'm just saying, if she wants to truly practice, she'd need to make her training more ecologically valid. And that means applying the right weight. Combined with being inside which negates wind i dont see how her practice is of value. If anything it's detrimental to her development as an archer.
What would Ken barlow do tbh?
A question i ask myself daily sir.

I'm just saying, if she wants to truly practice, she'd need to make her training more ecologically valid. And that means applying the right weight. Combined with being inside which negates wind i dont see how her practice is of value. If anything it's detrimental to her development as an archer.

My good sir, maybe she was not training archery per se, but just gettin' a feel on that bow, probably a present from the gentleman with the watch. You cannot simply assume she is an incompetent fool who would do such a noobish mistake!

I'm not denying that the bow in itself is no excellent, at least as excellent as a fake plastic toy can be. What I'm arguing is the fact that your standards are so low that you would use the bow below without a second thought:

I'm sorry the plastic used in that original bow is one of very crafty detail and class. With that being said anyone can appreciate a classic and I like to stick to my standards in only the most advanced of bows in service today.

bxp201010.jpg

GOOD SIR!

Are you so willing to just give your bow away to a disturbed individual such as Lord Gobb without a second thought? What would your bow think?

His bow trades hands quite a lot.

In some circles it's not uncommon for one to hold how bow and another to fire the arrow. :V

GOOD SIR!

Are you so willing to just give your bow away to a disturbed individual such as Lord Gobb without a second thought? What would your bow think?

Portugal's bow is no match for me anyway as I have discovered the secret of dual wielding bows.

My good sir, maybe she was not training archery per se, but just gettin' a feel on that bow, probably a present from the gentleman with the watch. You cannot simply assume she is an incompetent fool who would do such a noobish mistake!

Well, we cannot just make assumptions about a matter as serious as this one appears to be. We need some stone-code evidence before we get to any conclusions on the matter.

I'm sorry the plastic used in that original bow is one of very crafty detail and class. With that being said anyone can appreciate a classic and I like to stick to my standards in only the most advanced of bows in service today.

bxp201010.jpg

Oh really?

Then why have I seen you running around with bows such as this:

SuperStock_255-22447.jpg