any Servicemembers here?

Truht

lol lie your $@! off. That's what everybody does. If anybody has any beef with that, you can look up how many Medal Of Honor , Distinguish Service Cross, Silver Stars, Bronze starts etc, have been given to men who lied their $@! of about their age . And if you go back and look up the ones that lied about medical conditions, and especially ASTHMA?? oh boy.

High G's + bone disorder? That doesn't sound healthy.

lol lie your $@! off. That's what everybody does. If anybody has any beef with that, you can look up how many Medal Of Honor , Distinguish Service Cross, Silver Stars, Bronze starts etc, have been given to men who lied their $@! of about their age . And if you go back and look up the ones that lied about medical conditions, and especially ASTHMA?? oh boy.

It's also a great way to get kicked out and denied benefits.

Don't lie to your recruiters kids. They'll find out.

It's also a great way to get kicked out and denied benefits.

Don't lie to your recruiters kids. They'll find out.

Went I went down to the Recruiting station with my friend the recruiter just told him to b/s about the asthma. I got one friend in Navy that had asthma too, told before they put them in the chambers they would just pull them aside then.

EDIT: plus, the best benefit is the ability to serve. And once you made it through, even if they kick you out, they can't take your service away from you.

Edited by _truhijo

Went I went down to the Recruiting station with my friend the recruiter just told him to b/s about the asthma. I got one friend in Navy that had asthma too, told before they put them in the chambers they would just pull them aside then.

EDIT: plus, the best benefit is the ability to serve. And once you made it through, even if they kick you out, they can't take your service away from you.

Not much service if you get kicked out in boot/OCS. Then, if they decide to, they can press charges. A whole range of good ones. I don't have a copy of the UCMJ handy, but they can get you on all kinds of stuff. Everything from falsifying a federal document to what's known as the General Article, the catch all, which they just love tacking on.

If you're going to one of the Academies, you gotta make sure you tell them everything they want to know about you. They do not mess around at Annapolis, and will send you home on a whim. Especially during Plebe year.

The infantry can be summed up by a few words: Hours of boredom puncuated by seconds of sheer terror.

Not much service if you get kicked out in boot/OCS. Then, if they decide to, they can press charges. A whole range of good ones. I don't have a copy of the UCMJ handy, but they can get you on all kinds of stuff. Everything from falsifying a federal document to what's known as the General Article, the catch all, which they just love tacking on.

If you're going to one of the Academies, you gotta make sure you tell them everything they want to know about you. They do not mess around at Annapolis, and will send you home on a whim. Especially during Plebe year.

The infantry can be summed up by a few words: Hours of boredom puncuated by seconds of sheer terror.

nah man I'm fine. Academy made me go get checked up and down 1000 times. My eyesight off though, but they gave me a medical waiver for that, which BTW TOOK FOREVER . I'm just looking at the good old days were guys lying about their age to sign up was a common thing, and they were usually the best guys.

Dude, the consequences for receiving a BCD (Bad Conduct Discharge) are pretty freaking painful, if I do say so myself. Not only would you get some lovely brig time, reduction to the rank of private, a Court-Martial conviction, and a permanent stain on your record, employment would shortly become a difficult matter.

Plus there is the whole "Taking an Oath on the premise of a lie" thing to think about.

Don't be that 2nd Lt, the Officer, who thinks they can get around and finagle things until they go their way. You will NEVER be an Officer of Marines unless you pursue Honor, Courage, and Commitment with conviction.

Dude, the consequences for receiving a BCD (Bad Conduct Discharge) are pretty freaking painful, if I do say so myself. Not only would you get some lovely brig time, reduction to the rank of private, a Court-Martial conviction, and a permanent stain on your record, employment would shortly become a difficult matter.

Plus there is the whole "Taking an Oath on the premise of a lie" thing to think about.

Don't be that 2nd Lt, the Officer, who thinks they can get around and finagle things until they go their way. You will NEVER be an Officer of Marines unless you pursue Honor, Courage, and Commitment with conviction.

Oh, silly UCMJ Lawyering, people never learn it doen't work, this ain't the interwebs.

I was told some very wise advice should I ever join the military. Being a college grad(in 2 weeks) i'd probably be a commission. (however a professional career job is first, THEN military, THEN retail. srsly. How bad can a drill sergeant be to a budget crunching fat $@! that is angry because you're stocking his cheap crap wrong?)

And I was warned, and took it to heart, that any fresh officer should NEVER COMMAND THE MASTER SERGEANT AROUND.

Just because you can, doesn't mean you should.