Strigia Approaches the World Stage

Margrave

A young man dressed in late Imperial style armor approaches a series of camera's and pre-placed microphones. Though his garb is antique, his eyes bespeak intelligence, and his mannerisms show one accustomed to calm, even in the midst of struggle.

NobleHeart.jpg

"To our fellow members of the family of Nations, greetings;

"Behold, our nation has emerged recently from strife and plague, war and destruction. Although we hold the same territory, know that Strigia renounces any ties its predecessor may have held, and the Noble Demesne of Strigia approaches all in the spirit of peace and friendship. As citizens of the Sudenland, we are a nation of strong people, decedents of the strongest conquerors in history: The Normans. In times long past, they conquered this realm, and though they faded from power, their history, their legacy of pride, honor, virtue...these have not faded. Sharing our territories are also the descendants of the mighty Varangians, a strong, venturesome people. Know that we are still. Tempered by Roman virtue and Greek idealism, our peoples, once distinct and different, once divided and incomplete, have today become one people possessing one land. We are proud to claim the title of Suedlanders, and to name this region the Sudenlund, the birthplace of our united race and forever the home of us and our descendants.

"Let us now embark on a mission of peace and understanding with all nations, so that we may better pursue the natural desires of man; Security, Prosperity, and Freedom."

Edited by Margrave

The Evil Aether Empire and its iron fisted ruler, Emperor Zarfef, send their congratulations and best wishes... along with suggestions for an army of giant robots... a text for how to take over the world for evil geniuses by Zarfef Ishtare: The FREINDLY path to Global Tyrrany... and a brick... (with a friendly note saying here is something to start you empire with, remember that Rome Wasn't built in a day :D)...

... Unbeknownst to Zarfef, Strigia was far larger then his own organization... of course, Zarfef ran an evil league of evil geniuses... not a nation... so... its not really fair to compare the two... yet.

Edited by Zarfef

The Evil Aether Empire and its iron fisted ruler, Emperor Zarfef, send their congratulations and best wishes... along with suggestions for an army of giant robots... a text for how to take over the world for evil geniuses by Zarfef Ishtare: The FREINDLY path to Global Tyrrany... and a brick... (with a friendly note saying here is something to start you empire with, remember that Rome Wasn't built in a day :D)...

... Unbeknownst to Zarfef, Strigia was far larger then his own organization... of course, Zarfef ran an evil league of evil geniuses... not a nation... so... its not really fair to compare the two... yet.

OOC: Spell better.

OOC: Spell better.

If you think that's frightening... I recieved a 6.0/6.0 on the writing GRE. I'm in the top 6% of all writers in graduate school. Granted, I get a little lax on the net and have paid less attention to my SP and what not since none of the graduate schools in physics seemed to care... but yeah... MY POINT IS!:

If I'm in the top 6%... how bad are the other 94% of college graduates?

"So, some of the guys that headed south did survive! Welcome back to the world stage."

Guiscard nodded. "Both sets, actually. Varangians and Normans, though far separated, do trace their roots to common ancestry. Nice to meet you, Norns."