Peace Talks

Iotupa

• Replies 183
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So all JB has to do is cut the nonsense and he's off? Is this too much for GOP to ask for people? Seriously. GOP has done nothing to deserve being attacked and mocked by JB for. I mean, any alliance worth its weight is going to make an enemy of people who attack their nations, regardless of size.

Correct. Seems simple, doesn't it? :D

I hate to have to waste the pixels to say this, but...

The GOP hereby sentences Brookbank to eternal Perma ZI for his attacks on our alliance, trolling of our IRC channel and general !@#$%baggery.

LOL...that didn't take long.

Free Brookbank!

R3-4.jpg

When the use of Perma ZI is OK for "General Asshattery" then I say that the person giving the Perma ZIs should be ZId under his own rules. He did nothing to deserve Perma-ZI. You are just mad because he hurt your feelings in public. PERMA ZI IS EVIL!

So you believe that harsh punishment should be met with harsh punishment in return? You must stop reading the Old Testament so much. Also, isn't this the very mentality certain parties are speaking out against? :v:

To be honest, if you all dislike so much what GOP did thar, then do something about it instead of complaining...but just remember who started this little spate that resulted in the issuance of this anti-JB fatwa by GOP -- perhaps lessons thrice learned are lessons not learned at all?

Oh, I agree. I took a calculated risk and made an angry post, and that, combined with other posts appears to have worked. Man, they give in easily. If we ever need to pressure them, send in the small guns.

Don't let it go to your head. Not everyone bows so easily.

Yeah. I'm not sure why people are even supporting JB here. Oh well. Just ignore him, and attack him until he gives up. If he stops getting attention he'll give up.

What would be the fun in that?

Yeah. I'm not sure why people are even supporting JB here. Oh well. Just ignore him, and attack him until he gives up. If he stops getting attention he'll give up.

Unfortunately they may have caught the attention of others now, and VE may very well be in no position to protect them soon enough.

@ GOP: This is basically the best advice you'll get for dealing with a situation like this. Just ignore him. If he stops, let'em off, don't let'em off...whatever you decide. But I agree with RV that if you ignore him, he'll get bored and leave you alone.

GOP may have been harsh in their punishment but what Rooman is saying is perfectly legitimate. JB has harassed and attacked GOP both in game and on these forums. He's stirred up you lot to mock them and it's worked. It is not unreasonable, nor is it "giving in easily" to simply ask him to stop. Since he does not listen, they were forced to back up their request with EZI.

GOP may have been harsh in their punishment but what Rooman is saying is perfectly legitimate. JB has harassed and attacked GOP both in game and on these forums. He's stirred up you lot to mock them and it's worked. It is not unreasonable, nor is it "giving in easily" to simply ask him to stop. Since he does not listen, they were forced to back up their request with EZI.

VE supports EZI now? ... :(

Tell you what, if Brookbank promises to stay off our IRC channel, drop the ridiculous "I declare war on the GOP" thing and leave our nations alone, we'll erase his name off that "EZI list" of one. I hate it that I had to log on and even address someone that's so obviously a joke. But when I have to deal with him declaring on one of our nations and making DoW threads about us... EZI seems like the simplest solution. We did nothing wrong in reiterating our neutrality because many people have been unclear as to where we stood. Therefore, his assertion that we should ask to have our Reiteration of Neutrality thread deleted is ridiculous. This whole situation is a total waste of time... are you people really this bored?

I only came to your embassy (OOC: channel) to discuss peace terms. I will give you white peace as soon as you reverse your terrible PR move. That is all I require. No one should be confused about a neutral alliance's stance on any war, but you aren't actually neutral. You have a treaty.

Unfortunately they may have caught the attention of others now, and VE may very well be in no position to protect them soon enough.

If any alliance attacks GOP over this they will be hearing from me. JB is simply trying to use his name recognition to get away with nonsense that anyone else would be ZIed for. And yes, I am aware that this is coming from someone who did exactly that to get away with going rogue on the first Vox Populi. Listen to my words, however, and please, pay no heed to my actions.

We're a Mob, it isnt hard to get us stirred up.

So, we have people come to our government, asking how our protected status would play out in a great war scenario. Sensing that many people were confused at our protected yet neutral status, we posted a reiteration of our neutrality. Brookbank posts a declaration of war on us, attacks one of our nations, trolls our IRC channel on and off for a couple days, makes another thread where he makes demands of our alliance... we issue a perma ZI and tell him that is he stops being a tool and leaves us alone we'll let leave him alone... and we've "caught the attention of others?" Ok... I suppose next time, we should just risk being declared on in a great war scenario because someone mistakes our protected status as an obligation on our part to defend our protectors... and I guess the next time someone attacks our nations we should just let him do what he wants... I mean really... how bored are you guys?

@ GOP: This is basically the best advice you'll get for dealing with a situation like this. Just ignore him. If he stops, let'em off, don't let'em off...whatever you decide. But I agree with RV that if you ignore him, he'll get bored and leave you alone.

We tried ignoring him. First he declared on one of our nations. Then he made this thread. Then he came to our IRC channel with his buddies to troll us. I respect what you're saying, but he'll leave us alone and get peace, not the other way around.

So, we have people come to our government, asking how our protected status would play out in a great war scenario. Sensing that many people were confused at our protected yet neutral status, we posted a reiteration of our neutrality. Brookbank posts a declaration of war on us, attacks one of our nations, trolls our IRC channel on and off for a couple days, makes another thread where he makes demands of our alliance... we issue a perma ZI and tell him that is he stops being a tool and leaves us alone we'll let leave him alone... and we've "caught the attention of others?" Ok... I suppose next time, we should just risk being declared on in a great war scenario because someone mistakes our protected status as an obligation on our part to defend our protectors... and I guess the next time someone attacks our nations we should just let him do what he wants... I mean really... how bored are you guys?

You wanna hand out Perma Zi for such ridiculous crap expect some flak. Good God man, your whole frigging alliance is being attacked by one 90NS nation. What are you going to do next, ask for help from your protectorate?

Maybe dont be protected then?

I only came to your embassy (OOC: channel) to discuss peace terms. I will give you white peace as soon as you reverse your terrible PR move. That is all I require. No one should be confused about a neutral alliance's stance on any war, but you aren't actually neutral. You have a treaty.

Lol, this is so ridiculous. It's not up to you to tell us when we can and can't reiterate our own neutrality. People were confused about how our protected status effected our neutrality. So we made a thread clearing up the confusion. We're not sorry for making the thread and we're not deleting it.

Can we just drop this whole awful joke of a conversation and move on to more important things?

Short answer: yes

Long answer: people keep waiting till update for a war and the closest thing they have is JB vs GOP.

Lol, I think you have something there :lol:

Edited by Rooman33