The Government of Disparu vs. Greenpeace

Pikachurin

from the DNN, the number one state-funded news network in Disparu

On April 14, 2009, officials from Greenpeace and the Green Party of Disparu proposed that a holiday called "Earth Day" should be created in order to remind citizens about the environment. Minister of Environment Erika Gardenia advised that it should be accepted, while Minister of Finance Aaron Yvonne advised that Disparu already had too many holidays. After several debates in Parliament and a referendum, Chancellor Pikachurin declined the proposal, and gave a speech that told the citizens of DIsparu that "work should come first before the environment". The speech caused a rise in the gross income of Disparu.

Minister of Internal Affairs Cynthia Celeste criticized the action by stating that, "This proves my point, the DPD [Democratic Party of Disparu] doesn't care about our environment, first they don't sign the Kyoto Protocol, now this." The Minister of Environment said that she "Agrees with Ms. Celeste."

Edited by Pikachurin

• 2 weeks later...

The workers of Xantenia have to echo the sentiments of the Green Party of Disparu. Not only is this new initiative damaging to the environment, which ultimately is damaging to workers, but it is another example of how the bourgeoisie of Dispara, as with anywhere else in the world, puts profit before people. They who can have as many holidays as they want, yet deny progress and rest for their own workers, abolish wage labour!

• 2 weeks later...

Chamber of the Commons, 1 Government Sector, Eterna, Disparu

Pikachurin sighed as he endured another hour of complaints from the Opposition, the Empire Party of Disparu.

"...the current Government is not making an effort to improve our environment, we used to be a clean nation before the Crisis of 2009, but now we're polluted so much that some people are going abnormal" said Cynthia Celeste as she concluded her speech.

"Ms. Celeste, the last time I checked, the Government provided a lot of funding to the Ministry of Environment, and I never see a piece of garbage lying around in Eterna, or anywhere else in the nation, for that matter." said Pikachurin.

"I'm not talking about that!" said Celeste. "I'm talking about the time you declined Greenpeace and the Green Party's plan to start an Earth Day here in Disparu. Your Government is starting to get some criticism from the international community, Pikachurin. The Green Party received a message from Xantenia. Right, Ms. Gardenia?"

"Yes" said Erika Gardenia. "They told us that you put profits before people. That's what we were trying to say when you declined our proposal."

"I know about that letter. Everyone knows about it! You and your party advertised it in DNN." said Pikachurin. "I don't really see the point of improving the environment at the moment. Nuclear fallout is coming to our nation, and some people are starting to develop extra arms, legs and organs." Pikachurin turned to the Minister of Science and Technology, Samuel Oak. "What is the current global radiation level?"

"The last time our scientists at the University of Eterna and the University of Montreal checked, it was at 41.93. But for some odd reason, it's effects are only at level 5."

Pikachurin turned towards the Minister of Health, Paige Joy. "How many people are affected?"

"150 people are affected severely. More than 300 people are affected moderately. And more than 500 people have died. Thank God we have radiation cleanup equipment, it reduced the nuclear fallout by almost half."

Pikachurin smiled. "Then I think that the Government should cut the Ministry of Environment's budget, and give more budget to the Ministries of Science and Technology and Health. Let's do a vote."

Edited by Pikachurin