Elections In Neo Japan

Lord Frost

Elections  

47 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

japanese-flag10010.gif

5 days. 5 whole days, and the Empire celebrates 4 years of existence***. Ladies and Gentlemen this election season is going to be wild. Over the last several months, political support across the Empire has shifted. Nationalist programs have kept the economy stable even with the recent turbulence in the Asian Economy with the fall of multiple nations, the large amount of Foreign Aid Spending, and the recent recession, which has shown a Large upswing of both their approval and their support. Unification of Khabarovsk Krai and Primorye Krai and control over most of Manchuria have given the Nationalists almost a tidal wave of new support throughout the Home Islands.

Green Party support has increased as well, though reasons why still remain a little shakey. Some speculate is something to do with their control over the drug trade in the Empire.

Communist Party approval and support has dramatically decreased ever since the murder of Chairman Hayashio. Power grab by the extreme wing of the group, those who call for an Armed revolution of the Empire has left the Majority of other CPJ candidates, all of which still wish to follow the CPJ Practice of Working with the system to advance the goals of the Party that has made the CPJ famous world over, and has even caused revolutions in other countries based on this ideal. Even if the CPJ could nab a majority within the Royal Court again this year, it will be very unlikely that they will be able to effectively advance their goals until the Party can Unify.

Liberal and Conservative Parties have banded together once again, this time as a whole new party. With the huge failure of the Liberal Conservative Coalition, the two got together again to deal with their conflicting issues and have formed the party "The Democratic Way". Rumors have said that the Emperor ordered the Imperial Guard to watch this new party for National Security reasons, but nothing has been confirmed. The Democratic Way has been slowly garnering Support, and with this election season are expected to make a grandiose campaign. The Party has already made an initial statement of "Working to bring Japan into a Parliamentary democracy, to remove the Power of the Emperor, to remove the Communist and Nationalist Parties strength and social/economic programs. To Free this country, to bring about a Democratic Way"

Nationalist Party - Moving to make 2 years of Service in the Military required for all citizens 18 years or older. also voting for the Status Quo

Green Party - unsure of where it is at the moment

Communist Party of Japan - as always, working for the Working Man. currently engaged in internal turmoil. Moving to Expand State-owned companies into Manchuria to help speed up the building process.

The Democratic Way - working to completely redo the Empire's economic, social, and political structure. No seats in the Royal Court as of now

The Candidates for the Royal Court will be accepting and answering questions from the International Community for the duration of the Election Season.**

OOC:

*** I RP that every 6 months IRL = 1 year in RP. My nation will be 2 years old IG in 5 days :3 all other time (days, weeks, month) is still arbitrary XD <3

** This is how I intend to lay out each Party's stances on various things. Basically, if you don't ask, then you won't know what they stand for

"If the Communist party wins, would they be interested in joining ComIntern?"

An Agreed-upon statement from the several CPJ candidates vying for the Position of Chairman:

In order to force the issue, we would have to win a super-majority within the Court in this election. Certainly we would consider it as something to be desired :D

From the more Hard-line Communist Candidates:

Yes

We support (obviously) the nationalist party. Should they succeed, we believe Neo Japan will benefit from a more unified nation, stronger, stabler, and more orderly nation under a nationalist party and strong leader to lead the nation to greatness.

Edited by Cabal

Campaign Season News

Green Party Chairman and Spokesman Man-who-won-beard-length-contest from last election was hospitalized today due to what seems to be heart problems. 2nd-place-in-beard-length-contest has stepped up and taken the reins as Party Chairman.

"While the boss is getting fixed by the Man, I'll be holding us together, man" a red eyed and very bearded new Chairman told the crowd gathered at the hospital where the former chairman is staying.

"We're gonna take this election...or maybe not. We're not sure yet. Maybe we will. Man I'm hungry"

New Party Chairman Arrested

Recently appointed Chairman of the Green Party, 2nd-place-in-beard-length-contest, was arrested along with 12 others during a raid on a mini-mart. The Chairman, when asked why he wanted to steal food from a mini-mart so soon after his rise to power, only said this "Man I'm hungry". The Green Party, it seems, must choose another Party Chairman and Spokesperson

OOC: Guess which party I voted for, and you get a free cookie. :awesome:

:3

IC: New England endorses the Communist Party of Japan.

OOC: YAY COOKIE :awesome:

IC:

An Empire Overlook:

Communist Party of Japan:

Their strength lies on the Mainland and Sahklin Oblast. CPJ support is strongest in Imperial Russia, mainly Khabarovsk Krai and Primorye Krai, with a large gathering of support on Sahklin Island

Nationalist Party:

Their major support comes from the Home Islands, and are virtually untouchable in Honshu. Hokkaido is where their support is contested with the CPJ, however the Nationalists currently hold the majority in that Area

Green Party:

The Green Party has support Empire wide, and for some reason that cannot be explained, globally as well.

The Democratic Way:

Like the Green Party, their support is spread across the Empire, with no majority in any one place.

One question: Will it be peace or war?

OOC: In case you haven't noticed, I'm unbanned and fully restored.

OOC: and in case you havent noticed, your still not back. Overturned ban, not wipe

I cannot answer the above question as I do not allow sumeragi to rp her former people in my territory. Let it be knonw that the question was never asked. Please do not fill my thread up with needless OOC. If it's a constructive comment, I understand. but posts like the one quoted above i will consider spam

Edited by Lord Frost

Continued Campaign News

Nationalist Party members have started a fund to help the poor and suffering in Central Asia, accepting donations in any form to send out to our troops out there helping those rise from the ashes of Former Altin Urda, as well as combating former troops who have yet to accept the loss of their government. The money and supplies gathered from donations will be sent to our troops to distribute as well as the new government (cochin?) that has arisen in the area.

Imperial Political analysts say that this move of goodwill is just for campaign purposes, the timing is too convenient. However, surprisingly little opposition has come from the Nationalists strongest opponent, the CPJ.

"The Nationalists are always behind military operations, and have been behind the restoration and liberation of the area even before the elections" said a disappointed CPJ spokesman.

While the Government of Tennessee never officially throws its support for foreign political parties, the citizens of Tennessee seem to like the Democratic Way Party.

We also support the Democratic Way Party, as long as it is not going to attempt to change Neo Japan overnight.

What will your party's policy be towards increasing relations with Tahoe

Moderate CPJ candidates (majority):

Given a victory with a Super-majority, we intend to stay as we are. We are now allies, and we see ourselves as close as two once-opposing sides can come

Hardline CPJ candidates (minority):

We are fully aware of Tahoe's dislike for communists, and our feelings towards Tahoe are similar.

The Democratic Way:

Tahoe has yet to betray the trust of the Republic, and should thusly be awarded for doing so via economic and joint technological programs

Nationalist Party:

The Empire will continue its work of increasing relations with Tahoe. Though we are allies, we have yet to engage in joint military, scientific, social, or economic projects. This we fully intend to correct

Green Party:

Does Tahoe want any chips? cuz these are good man

What are the current standards of education for primary and secondary education (OOC: Elementary and high school, AKA, kindergarrten through 12th/OOC), and what, if any, plans does each party have to improve these standards?

OOC: eh, tough question to answer. Not entirely sure what you want to know D: :D D: :D

All children recieve the same education K-12, except on the Mainland and in the Northern Marianas, where student 18 and under also have the benefits of being taught the Japanese language, culture, religions, etc, via the Japanization Program. Educational Standards are high, and universities only accept Average grade students and higher.

CPJ, Nationalist:

Admittedly, students not in the Home Islands have higher standards then those in Honshu and Hokkaido (in general Japan proper). Most come from nations that were of superior strength and advancement, so we've had to keep our schools in those areas, particularly on the mainland, running at some level of that. To top that off, Japanese becomes the only spoken language by the beginning of Secondary Education, for advanced students, as early as midway through Primary schools.

However, despite the slight imbalance, Education is even throughout the Empire. Our focus for this Year will be to bring Northern Khabarovsk Krai, Vladivostok, and Manchuria all up to speed in Education. Northern Khabarovsk has to make the switch from NNE schooling to Neo Japanese, and Vladivostok and Manchuria have been suffering under the Late Altin Urda Regime.

TDW:

Our entire education system needs to be reformed, just as everything else does in this damned country. Students are taught that democracy only extends to the Royal Court, and are taught State Duty and a whole bunch of other nonsense. If this country is ever to enter into a truly capitalist, Democratic society, the first thing that needs to be done is rewriting the education program. There is also consideration within our party that, if we achieve a good degree of power within the Court, we will put a stop to the teaching of Evolutionary sciences.

Green Party:

We don't need no education *rocks out on a guitar*

OOC: hope that answers that subtle >.<

OOC: eh, tough question to answer. Not entirely sure what you want to know D: :D D: :D

OOC: hope that answers that subtle >.<

OOC: Perfect anbswer. I made the question a little vague on purpose to see how you would answer. I especially love the Green Party's answer... :awesome:

Election Season News

It has been a remarkably close race between the Nationalist Party and the Communist Party of Japan in regards to the Royal Court Majority. Analysts say that at the present rate of voting, the Either Party could win the majority, but no side will win the Super-majority. The Democratic Way has gained some headway, and are currently out-voting the Green Party. At this rate, The Democratic Way may replace the Green Party as the Third Party in the Royal Court.

In order to gain support, and in response to this sudden turn of Fortune, the Green Party has begun "Pot Protests". Basically, they start a rally, then everyone gets high. The lack of Green Party support is confusing, as last election they received more votes than any third party in Imperial History.***

OOC: if you haven't voted, vote Green Party damn you <3 :wub: I can't keep making drug jokes if they don't have support D: