A Dose of "Old-School"

Windsor

What this comes down to is the idea that the world will always tend towards the present structure and political set-up regardless of the alliance's involved, and thus everyone should make Blackstone the hidden global vanguard, secretly controlling the world from the bureaucratic shadows for some undefined greater good (because everyone shares the same interests, right?). Or, in other words 'raise us to the position of global dictators and we'll make sure none of those pesky accountable leaders ruin things for you'.

Oh boy, freedom awaits, where do I sign up.

it was necessary to portray an "anti-NPO" environment to attract those that we felt would be useful at that time.

Read: If you're a member of the Blackstone Collusion, the leaders of the Blackstone Collusion consider you to be a 'useful idiot'.

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What this comes down to is the idea that the world will always tend towards the present structure and political set-up regardless of the alliance's involved, and thus everyone should make Blackstone the hidden global vanguard, secretly controlling the world from the bureaucratic shadows for some undefined greater good (because everyone shares the same interests, right?).

You must have us confused with the Illuminati.

Or, in other words 'raise us to the position of global dictators and we'll make sure none of those pesky accountable leaders ruin things for you'.

Oh boy, freedom awaits, where do I sign up.

Click on my sig.

You must have us confused with the Illuminati.

Click on my sig.

Why, so I can add false advertising to the charges?

And who's confusing you with a wannabe Illuminate again? It's like the plot out of a bad movie.

"Because we are anonymous, we cannot be targeted militarily. Because we are not an in-game alliance, we cannot be targeted politically. We simply do not exist.

[...]

Blackstone's role is to serve as a method for overriding total in-game domination by others, and will enter and exit the game at will, as needed."

I think there is a flaw within your concepts because you are placing people in two cateogories "Anti and pro" war. The only anti was advocates are those in neutral alliances. Many just do not start retarded wars like those in the past mate, because for the most part, it lead to their demise.

And you're concept of old school is inaccurate as well, in the three years I have played this game, after GWII-era, they were always blamed..for everything, rofl. Doesn't make it right, but most of NPOs former allies are now current enemies, however I wont debate whether they deserve to be there as these posts will roll pages and pages.

The game needs changes that only admin can bring. An organization with an idea of change is good, but in this case, it's methods are not.

Art imitates life. Here, we see one alliance that is the dominant player in the game. There's a lot that could be said here.

1. The largest alliance in the game tends to attracts many new players, basically because they're the largest and perceived as the strongest and safest bet.

2. Many political ties to other alliances increases that strength. Without those, even an alliance of NPO's size could not stand alone.

3. Due to all of these ties, and so many people playing, and spies everywhere, attempts to wage war against such an alliance will most likely be snuffed out before they begin....and as such, most don't even bother to try.

4. Groups such as Vox and Blackstone who blame the NPO for the stagnation in the game and seek change, primarily through the destruction of the NPO (due to what it represents, and not so much the alliance itself), do not hold the military advantage...see #3. They are forced to spread their message from the shadows.

5. Until such a time as Blackstone, Vox, FAN, and others against the ideals represented by the NPO and her allies (or just against them for other reasons), are strong enough to unite and take them down, then the primary challenge offered to the majority by this game is to do so.

6. The tides are turning in this quest. More and more people hunger for war and many see the opposition to the NPO as being the harbinger that's going to bring it, so they are taking sides.

7. If and when the Continuum loses a war and if the NPO is ever reduced to rubble, the cycle will repeat itself. There will be a new challenge and that will be to see who can claim the top spot. Once achieved, the efforts to take them down will begin as they have with NPO.

8. In response to the OP, there are more followers than leaders in this game, as it is in the real world. People simply will not resist when they feel their leaders are wrong because although they disagree, they can't offer a solution or provide for themselves. I was always taught to never point out a problem without offering a solution. This doesn't apply to everyone, but to the majority.

In conclusion, refer to my opening statement. This game needs change only admin can bring. Until then, choose your side and get ready for the only thing truly worth playing this game for.

Community can change the game, the administrator knows to stay uninvolved with gaming progression, internally, it'll cause a lot of problems.

1. Yes, but this isn't a valid point with anything really. It's an understandable concept, however, not entirely true. This is where creative recruiters and whatnot come into the picture. Yes, they have the advantage, but it is expected with being the largest. What is admin going to do? Tell them they can only have so many people in an alliance? He is remaining professional and staying uninvolved.

2. The community itself can change this, if the alliance is 'out of hand' as you say it is, the community would rise as one, but since they are relatively loved as much as they are hated, it forms two seperate opinions and groups - which doesn't stagnate the game at all, the game takes time for wars to occur because diplomacy has rapidly excelled within the ages, those lacking it for the most part have died, and if they lack it now, they'll eventually die. There are only so many players in the game. Kill them all, eventually they'll ALL be against you.

3. I don't get this point, it's poorly written. Elaborate?

4. Working from the shadows is a method which may take some time, but it is working, or so some claim. Just because their aren't alliances which constant say "We hate NPO" doesn't mean there are alliances which aren't fond of them.

5. Who says its only these groups who are going to take them down? There are, despite the treaty web complexity, a few sides in this game, many not against the NPO, but not with them either. If NPO is tied into a treaty which is epic disaster and they follow through honorably..this is one case of many which would make CN's circumstances potentially change. There are too many examples which could change perspectives in this matter, but it doesn't require anything from administration.

6. Eh, I have touched upon this already.

7. That is an assumption. A HUGE assumption, which I could write pages of opposing views. Too big of an assumption to even put this into your argument in my opinion.

8. If there is a problem, there is a solution. If there isn't a solution, the alliance in question has a flaw, making it weaker in my opinion.

I completely disagree, the admin has to not do anything, if NPO as 'as bad as they are', the community would take matters into their hands. Involving the admin is unfavorable for certain parties, I believe he would agree with this. It is like a mother and her 12 year old daughter in a petty relationship: If the kids are arguing, stay the $%&@ out of it, because it'll draw their parents in and cause a huge mess, let children be children.

Let players play this game.

Just curious and all....Has anyone acused BlackStone yet of actually being a COUNTER-Intelligence operation setup long ago to be used as a tool for future manufactured CB's? I mean most of us realize how far ahead this game is sometimes played and all....just saying.

It seems like if that was the case, then wow....a whole lot of things would suddenly be explained.

Edited by Paradigm

Just curious and all....Has anyone acused BlackStone yet of actually being a COUNTER-Intelligence operation setup long ago to be used as a tool for future manufactured CB's? I mean most of us realize how far ahead this game is sometimes played and all....just saying.

It's possible, I have considered that possibility, though it would take forethought unseen in this game.

It seems like if that was the case, then wow....a whole lot of things would suddenly be explained.

Yes. Blame it all on us. ;)

The only one I haven't heard yet, that I've been waiting for, is the "NPO was created by Blackstone" theory.

It's possible, I have considered that possibility, though it would take forethought unseen in this game.

In my time in this game I've learned this game is played far longer ahead by some than most admit. In fact I think the latest state of the world is now proof that many have learned these lessons over the years, just now, finally its being reflected on both sides. :P

Yes. Blame it all on us. ;)

The only one I haven't heard yet, that I've been waiting for, is the "NPO was created by Blackstone" theory.

Oh well look at my posts - I think your wait is over! :P

in all seriousness, I'm just saying whats crossed my mind after stepping back and looking at the "OPEN questions" on the table at the moment from my perspective.

You may be 100% innocent and its just another simple issue of that side of the game using its own spies as usual. (the elephant is in the room again)

Edited by Paradigm

I might have mentioned that somewhere. I know I proposed that about Vox since they seemed to kill all the good dramaz with their log dumps and spies.

Now I'm just waiting. :popcorn:

I'm too starting to believe that Blackstone is a NPO front, the whole "Illuminati we are everywhere and nowhere" it's all a little bit too perfect and stereotype and I've seen zero evidence of Blackstone actually achieving anything whatsoever, possibly apart from that log in the Tattler, which I have to say doesn't truly speak for the security of Blackstone as well.

Not that having a spy in the NPO is that big of an achievement.

Edited by Mozaffar

Yes, that was NPO propaganda that was delicately spread into the cyberverse. If this was the case, you'd hear about multiple ZIs and PZIs for BC affiliation. As I've pointed out in other topics, NPO has launched a witch hunt in its ranks and has banned scores of innocent Pacificans. Now they are spreading their witch hunt outside of its domain into the areas of other alliances.

When they catch ONE BC member, they celebrate loudly. It's hardly the marks of a good counter-intel operation.

Your speech was alright, until you got to the part about Blackstone being important. You aren't. You're a cheap and useless imitation of Vox. Vox actually has had a reasonably significant presence and impact on the state of affairs. Exactly how much is still debatable and yet to be seen but you'd have to be blind or brainwashed with NPO propoganda to say they've done nothing. All I've seen from Blackstone is cheap talk and self-delusions about being some kind of great symbol and banner carrier when you haven't done anything worth mentioning and are joke to everyone but yourselves.

Well maybe not nothing, you spied on MK and (oh-noes!) got copies of our guides and a few treasury and milcom announcements. I'm still not sure how that's supposed to help you take down NPO, but hey you have to start somewhere right?

I'll give you credit for a small improvement, you haven't yet accused RV, delta, and I of being NPO puppets because we are criticizing you yet. Maybe Vox has done you the mercy of filling you in on some of the really obvious basics of the political situation right now that you seem to have missed.

Edited by Azaghul

Yes, that was NPO propaganda that was delicately spread into the cyberverse. If this was the case, you'd hear about multiple ZIs and PZIs for BC affiliation. As I've pointed out in other topics, NPO has launched a witch hunt in its ranks and has banned scores of innocent Pacificans. Now they are spreading their witch hunt outside of its domain into the areas of other alliances.

When they catch ONE BC member, they celebrate loudly. It's hardly the marks of a good counter-intel operation.

In case you haven't figured it out, you're just a side affair in a campaign against spies from Vox who have succeeded in actually making themselves a noticeable nuisance.

Edited by Azaghul

But the NPO is to blame for many of the issues plaguing CN. Not all, but certainly many.

But if you don't tell everybody everything's their fault for continuing to support leaders that may not be aggressively anti-NPO the recruitment message this is designed to be loses a lot of it's power.

Blackstone should just leave this sort of thing to Vox - without public support any sort of covert war is in vain, and Blackstone being run by twits is probably the most agreed upon thing on these forums.