Yes War

Canik

Yorke Volta declaring on someone wouldn't start a war.

And why so serious?

It's not so serious, I just find your little speech pretty pathetic.

It's the equivalent of saying "I want to go swimming" but then trying to get someone else to jump into the pool first.

Unless of course you think there are a group of allied leaders trying to figure out what to do who may just read your "inspiring words" and have an epiphany because they hadn't actually thought of the option of going to war until they read your suggestion.

Edited by Mongrel

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's not so serious, I just find your little speech pretty pathetic.

It's the equivalent of saying "I want to go swimming" but then trying to get someone else to jump into the pool first.

Unless of course you think there are a group of allied leaders trying to figure out what to do who may just read your "inspiring words" and have an epiphany because they hadn't actually thought of the option of going to war until they read your suggestion.

I find your lack of understanding pretty pathetic. All I'm doing here is responding to the protests in my own nation and across the globe. Did I start the protests? No. Did I start the gears of war? Did I start rumors of war? No. I'm simply responding to all the talk of war.

This topic is for discussion for or against the war, not whether or not you like or understand my speech.

Now, Speaker Canik has issued another statement.

"The war we seek has always required great struggle and great sacrifice. And so this is a battle in our own hearts and minds about what kind of planet we want and how hard we're willing to war for it.

So let me remind you tonight that war will not be easy. War will take time. There will be setbacks and false starts and sometimes we'll make mistakes.

But as hard as it may seem, we cannot lose hope, because there are people all across this great planet who are counting on us, who can't afford another year without violence, that can't afford another year without releasing nuclear stockpiles, that can't afford another year without decent wars because our leaders couldn't come together and get it done.

There are those who will continue to tell us that we can't do this, that we can't have what we're looking for, that we can't have what we want, that we're peddling false hopes.

Well I'm here to tell you; Yes, we can. Yes, we can war. Yes, we can.

Yes, we can damage this planet. Yes, we can seize land and technology from our enemies. And where we are met with cynicism and doubt and fear and those who tell us that we can't, we will respond with that timeless creed that sums up the spirit of the people in three simple words -- yes, we can. "

An inspiring speech, if I don't say so myself.

Edited by Canik

Mongrel is right.

It's a horrible speech.

And Canik you must not be as peaceful as you want to think you are. This overt bloodlust disgusts me.

The Aesir do not shy away from battle when it is necessary, but to openly seek slaughter for the sake of slaughter is beyond the pale.

I'm extremely peaceful. If anything I'm too peaceful. I'm a peace extremist. I want to bring an everlasting peace to Planet Bob. I just think that the best way to achieve that is through mass destruction. The problem is that none of the wars before have been destructive enough, so let's get it right this time! For peace!

Edited by Canik

I find your lack of understanding pretty pathetic. All I'm doing here is responding to the protests in my own nation and across the globe. Did I start the protests? No. Did I start the gears of war? Did I start rumors of war? No. I'm simply responding to all the talk of war.

An inspiring speech, if I don't say so myself.

Again, you hold yourself in very high regard. Your people are calling for war, so they are not being inspired by your speech, unless you're trying to inspire them to execute their do-nothing, talking-head leader and begin the revolution themselves.

I suppose when the war breaks out you'll take credit for inspiring it. So rather than address an idiot, I'll bow out now.

Again, you hold yourself in very high regard. Your people are calling for war, so they are not being inspired by your speech, unless you're trying to inspire them to execute their do-nothing, talking-head leader and begin the revolution themselves.

I suppose when the war breaks out you'll take credit for inspiring it. So rather than address an idiot, I'll bow out now.

Not a novice in the art of debating on a forum I see. Although I say your tact could use some work... it is rather asshattery to call someone out, then at the end of your post say you are finished with them.. so even if they replied, it looks as if they you tried to leave it there.

Although I do not believe Canik's intentions where to start the war, but just to point out that there has been talk of war for some time now, without an actual war breaking out. I believe this makes the 2nd or 3rd time war was supposed to happen on a certain night and it didn't.

So.. please, if you would, next time.. just keep silent, because I am not going to waste anymore of my time trying to help you get the joke anymore.

Not a novice in the art of debating on a forum I see. Although I say your tact could use some work... it is rather asshattery to call someone out, then at the end of your post say you are finished with them.. so even if they replied, it looks as if they you tried to leave it there.

So.. please, if you would, next time.. just keep silent, because I am not going to waste anymore of my time trying to help you get the joke anymore.

Right back at you there bub.

There really is no debating or calling him out ...

What can I say? I'm revolutionary and reactionary.

Again, I'm reacting to the protests. I am but a servant of the people. Thus, I made a speech tailored to my people, and the many people around the world who are pro-war. I didn't say it was inspiring, the journalist did. My statement was made in quotations for a reason. You seem to have a problem picking up on subtleties. That journalist says the same thing after every speech I make. It may or may not have something to do with the fact that he is on my payroll.

Okay, look.. I'll ask him to stop calling all my speeches inspiring, and I'll ask my people to remain peaceful. Right after you attack me, Mongrel. ;)