its simple really

NPO=US

Gramlins=all of canada excluding quebec

TOP=Quebec

GGA=France

IRON=russia

OG=mexico

ODN=Japan

TGE=germany (am i going out on a limb here)

TORN=italy

INT=china

i'll update this in a bit

Mushroom Kingdom has a historic and irrefutable claim on the fertile lands of Madagascar

also my RL father is from madagascar.

i would find it most fitting if the location of our alliance on this map was the gorgeous forests and coasts of Madagascar.

i think it would be best if u INVENT your own map. and then use that.

it makes it better then using our current world map

Although that would be very complicated to do, it would be much more interesting. I might make an attempt at this today or tomorrow, however I'd like the OP to continue in his work as well.

Although that would be very complicated to do, it would be much more interesting. I might make an attempt at this today or tomorrow, however I'd like the OP to continue in his work as well.

I have one in the works right now, and I intend to make it very different from the maps of the past.

Here's a teaser:

I'm including old alliance boundaries (like I did in the Hypothetical World Map thread a while back) of the more important alliances of yesteryear.

- They will be transparent, and some will be unoccupied (unless it makes sense for an alliance to occupy the space. Ex; NAAC = GR partly, LUE = MK partly, Umbrella = Gen[m]ay partly.

- Placement of larger alliances will be unconventional; IRON will not be in Australia. MCXA might take it's place (for reasons which I will explain in my thread when I post it.)

- I'm doing my best to place blocs of alliances near each other for the most part. Some exceptions have been made though (ex. NV is not exactly located near NpO, GR, MK, or STA, due to conflicting themes)

- I'm taking into account both membership counts and NS, as well as simple space on the map. Ex. TOP should dominate Scandinavia and practically everything around it. It can't, however, because of the massive amount of alliances that need to go in Europe. Therefore, TOP only occupies Scandinavia, however it's influence covers most of the region (see the next bullet)

- To show influence, each alliance has a glow applied to it, and depending on how influential the alliance is, it's glow will reach farther. A good ex is TOP, who has a relatively small territory, but who's glow reaches out quite far, and actually overlaps with that of FOK's, who also faces the same dilemma (so much NS/membership, so little room on the map) and is therefore placed in the Netherlands and Germany, but should actually cover a larger area.

- Each alliance will be based MOSTLY around membership size on the map, however their NS will be seen through the opacity of their boundaries. For example, NPO will have a very large boundary due to the large number of nations, and it will also be largely opaque. The opposite is clear with an alliance like TDO, who's membership is very large, but who's color on the map will be semi-transparent relative to NPO's. TPF would have a smaller boundary, but a less transparent color. I hope this makes sense. I think you'll like the map when I'm done with it. I'm going to preview it to Polaris when I finish it.

People are talking about making a fictional map. I have a reference geographical map. It is divided into roughly-equal named territories and the sea is divided into zones, but any of those things may be altered or removed. The design was initially geared for Axis & Allies play.

Here's a preview, the original is actually 16 times wider and taller...

zedenonesixteenth.jpg