Tennessee Defense Resolution

Yort92

President Magnimer had called for a Joint-Session of Congress. He had his plan ready and his resolution written. The public knew about it and all the press and TV organizations were on their way.

Finally, the time came. The President got himself ready for the session. He walked into the Chambers. Applause erupts in the Chambers. He makes it to the front podium and silences the crowd.

"Good Evening Congress and Citizens of Tennessee.

Tonight I come before you to with a new plan.

For too long has Tennessee been unable to secure its borders. For too long have we seen revolutions and anarchy. For too long have our people lived in fear. For too long has the military been too week to effectively move and protect our great nation!"

The audience applauds!

"Tonight, my good people, I have a new plan. A new plan that will finally ensure Domestic Tranquility, ensure the Common Defense, and protect the General Warfare."

The audience interrupts with more applause.

"Now... I present this resolution to achieve the goals of the State:

The Government of the Tennessee Federation:

Notes the unfortified borders of Tennessee

Worries about the influx of criminals and fugitives

Stresses the importance of protecting the citizens of Tennessee

Recalls the constitutional duties of the State

The Government of the Tennessee Federation does hereby resolve to:

Construct a Mississippi Defense Line to ensure security for Tennessee

Construct an Appalachia Defense Line to ensure our security

Expand border security to ensure that nothing comes in to threaten Tennessee and that criminals are arrested

Expand domestic security forces

Create an Armament Registration Organization so that the State can, under times when Domestic Tranquility is threatened, effectively call a State Militia to order"

The Congress people clap. The public only wonders what this all could be about. Magnimer hopes to clarify.

"This resolution is bold! This Government has always been limited. To protect its people is the first priority. Of course, the military and security forces perform this. Tennessee's forces have for too long been too inadequate. This resolution in no way changes the way things go about in Tennessee. The borders are still as open as ever, except now it will be strong enough to not be taken advantage of and strong enough to protect the nation. Citizens still have the right to bear arms. Now the state will be able to organize in times of a security crisis to repel invasion and maintain tranquility."

He pauses.

"It is important to note that this Government will not ever initiate force. We are only providing for our common defense. Some people could look at us and say we are building up for action... Well my friends, if action means protection, then yes, we are building for action!"

The Congress claps and cheers for Magnimer's words.

"Furthermore, there will be no tax increases because of this, however, a Defense Donation Fund has been opened if the citizens, businesses, or even foreign nations wish to help fund this endeavor. Tax deductible of course..."

The audience laughs.

"We are sure that the good people of Tennessee will be more than willing to invest in the security of the Tennessee Federation. I am also sure that this Congress is more than willing to pass this resolution!"

They are. The resolution passes with no 'nays'. Tennessee enters a new, secure, age.

A press conference with President Magnimer is to be held concerning this epochal resolution. All foreign reporters are welcome. (OOC: Just ask the questions and don't worry about them flying all the way here. Assume they are here. Feel free to comment on anything too. Thanks for reading because this represents a good while of RP efforts.)

Edited by Yort92

"As pro the Bermuda Triangle Pact, the borders with Ardoria and the Atlantian Federations are very open. All that would be needed for their citizens would be a simple ID which would not take long at all. Of course, we will push for technology that would make the entry of autos easier by electronics. (OOC: like some sort of radio signal that a vehicle would have to show it's from your country) This would be most effective for day-to-day workers. People from other nations would require a legitimate passport for entry."

"We at Alvonia have been reading our past news and we would like to know if somebody stole a passport, presumably from a foreign civillian, would there be any way to keep them from simply saying they had plastic surgery?"

And same here. We had incidents similar to the one described above.

"We at Alvonia have been reading our past news and we would like to know if somebody stole a passport, presumably from a foreign civillian, would there be any way to keep them from simply saying they had plastic surgery?"

OOC: Interesting...

IC: In order to obtain a passport, any physically altering surgeries would have to be reported and, if so, official documentation would have to be attached.

OOC: I'm thinking kinda like the airport security thing for people with metal plates or something like that. Interesting question though.

OOC: I am headed for Saboria, just gonna hitch a ride in Nova first. :D

IC: Yassen quickly searched around. Luckily the previous driver left his suitcase in the passenger seat, which contained his passport, driver's license and border pass. He drove up to the station booth. "Driver's license, border pass and passport?" "Yes, right here." "Why does this picture look nothing like you?" "Massive plastic surgery and I dyed my hair. Didn't really like the way I looked." "OK, go on through I guess..." "Thank you, sir." "And happy holidays..."

OOC: I actually remember that RP. That was a fun one to watch. Anyway, I am guessing this is like the big one you are referring to.

IC: In addition to having the official doctor's documentation, the passports and ID's would have to be renewed since the time of the surgery to portray the citizen accurately and currently.

In support of this development towards stricter, safer, and more efficient international travel, Alagaesia has pledged $50 million towards the maintainence of the Defense Donation Fund. As well, Alagaesia has taken notice of the need for its own border security, and has undertaken a similar project to ensure domestic safety.

Also, on the topic of plastic surgery, Alagaesian travel policies require all international and airline travelers to have up-to-date photo ID and (in the international case) passports. If plastic surgery was indeed claimed, documentation from the country of origin's passport office explaining the change in physical features would be required, as well as proof-of-service documentation from the surgeon, listing what changes were made and giving accurate paperwork to guard against... mishaps.

Edited by thor gold

We thank Alagaesia for the donation! We are glad be part of a trend that will surely protect citizens of all nations.

We also have a notice that the Tri-Star Motor Company has pledged $2 million saying that, "since we now have many international friends, we want to make sure they are as safe as can be!"

OOC: Hmm, how can you build a Mississippi Defense Line if you don't own it? :P

IC:

The United Republic will support its close ally in their endeavor.

*Private to Tennessee*

We have begun building our own defense line along the Mississippi River as well. Perhaps there would be a way to integrate the two into a cohesive defense system.

*Private to Ardoria*

That would be excellent! That would ensure we are completely safe! It would protect from a Southern hook invasion (IE: Shlieffen Plan).

*Public*

We thank our wonderful friend for their support!

OOC: Yea, I debated with that in my head... Mississippi River Defense Line? I think I just liked the shorter version better ^_^

Edited by Yort92

While we expect most of the funding will come domestically, any outside donation would be a gesture of great good will. It would foster a great friendship. The citizens would appreciate it and would probably think very highly of the donor. For example, if Promised Land were to donate, business interests and tourism with that country would increase. Political friendship would also be fostered.

The Imperial Alliance wishes Tennessee Federation luck in its efforts to secure the sovereignty of its nation an the security of its people.

While we expect most of the funding will come domestically, any outside donation would be a gesture of great good will. It would foster a great friendship. The citizens would appreciate it and would probably think very highly of the donor. For example, if Promised Land were to donate, business interests and tourism with that country would increase. Political friendship would also be fostered.

Considering this, Promised Land will donate 10 million Pounds toward the completion of this project.