Proposal: More realisitic tech sharing

Uberstein

No, because then there'd be no point in having this deal, as the "sender nation" would rather instead just deploy his troops on his allies' spots rather than doing a "fake selling" that'd cripple his own capacity - Also, selling is supposed to be profitable...not a deficit

I'm talking about also providing maintenance, like the US did in Iran for a short while.

The United States sold Iran fighter jets, as long as maintenance is provided, they still work.

Though, that should cut into what your nation can support. You can't just hand out 200 tanks w/ maintenance while having a 200 tank limit, and then have 200 tanks yourself.

Um, Iran couldn't maintain them. Which is why what you buy would be would be at your tech level. (And besides, they were F-16s, at a time when the USA had F-22s...)

So they are giving me tanks I already have, or more advanced tanks?

Tanks at your tech level.

Btw, nothing is being imposed about a linear scale. It is a little wish of mine, although i'm not going to put it in.

Also, tech sharing should be removed considering how many people abuse it. Its not instant, it requires RP, your things will never be as good as the nation which gave to yours were nor will they have all the features, does not provide entire inventories of ships, planes, does not allow you to copy paste entire sections from other peoples fact-books.

As a side note, Triyun did do a nice thing

He posted the fixed tech level of his units, and so if you had a tech share, you could use what ever you liked, if your tech level was above what was required to use those units. So, you could made a cool unit, and share it down to a small nation by setting its fixed tech level low, but the counter side is that then it would work for you as that tech level.

Um, Iran couldn't maintain them. Which is why what you buy would be would be at your tech level. (And besides, they were F-16s, at a time when the USA had F-22s...)

I know that, they needed OUR help to maintain them, they is what I was saying.

You can give higher tech materials, but need to help maintain them.

I always rp my tech sharing! Remember me importing the Saborian Missiles.. and there was the whole thread on the Melvin Republic equipment co-design.. and the joint projects between Artemis Global and Dragonisia ^..^

Except you missed the point of tech share which was that you gained tech only a bit better than what you had, not at the level of the other party.

Nope, didn't miss that at all, the technology in question was in the range of the combined tech statistics given the equations that you use otherwise I would not have used them ^..^. They brought me up to around 2008-2010 tech levels in some instances.

For example, the Artemis aircraft never have been used because they were only prototypes.

Besides, the acquisition of specific equipment works a faint bit differently than tech sharing does but can be an indication of a sharing relationship. This is why I kept a specific inventory count of such items.. and continue to do so.

Edited by Maelstrom Vortex

Couldn't we do a thing where it's like a downgraded version of the original?

I have F-22s. Instead of sharing F-22s, I make it less advanced (sort of on par with their own technology) but not enough to make it as bad as their own planes. That way, they still get more advanced planes but they're not getting a huge advantage. It'd be sort of a little tip if the sides were even.

Couldn't we do a thing where it's like a downgraded version of the original?

I have F-22s. Instead of sharing F-22s, I make it less advanced (sort of on par with their own technology) but not enough to make it as bad as their own planes. That way, they still get more advanced planes but they're not getting a huge advantage. It'd be sort of a little tip if the sides were even.

Thats the current situation, however, people seem to forget to downgrade what they get to the tech share tech level.

Thats the current situation, however, people seem to forget to downgrade what they get to the tech share tech level.

Of course, this would not be necessary if they were simply guying something disposable like a missile. Maintanence would be...a little laughable, considering their function.

Of course, this would not be necessary if they were simply guying something disposable like a missile. Maintanence would be...a little laughable, considering their function.

Yes, but russian ICBMs turned out to be unfirable when NATO inspectors opened them for disarmament due to lack of maintenance.

I keep thinking that everything you say it 'their own tech level' which means there is no improvement. :v:

Sorry, now I get what you're saying.

Maybe we could have a linear system for tech sharing. Naturally, you will know almost nothing when you recieve the tech. But ,as time goes on, you learn, thus your tech year increases steadily, until you reach a plataeu (using the current tech share formula) where you cannot learn any more from this nations tech. The whole process would take perhaps 1-2 RL months.

Edited by Arkantos