Serbians Unite

Jason the Great

Since the redrawing of the map of Europe, the large and rapidly growing Serbian population within the Greater German Empire protectorate region has been left without a proper home. Now their numbers have given the Serbian people a loud voice. And that voice cries out for a seperate Serbian nation, a Kingdom of Serbia. A sovereign homeland for the Serbs is preached by a group of Serbian intellectuals has led the movement for the creation of a Serbian Kingdom. Passing out flyers calling for Serbians to unite, proclaiming they have begun in depth research into a royal Serbian bloodline that will soon reveal who shall be the King of such a Serbian country. They claim, the Serbian people are the fastest growing and largest population of the GGE Protectorate region and have every right to form their own nation and write their own history. They have already proposed a Kingdom of Serbia flag, and now they claim millions of Serbians support their peacefull movement.

kingdomofserbiaflag-1.png

Edited by Jason the Great

Serbians amass in Belgrade to peacefully demand the end of protectorate status to the Greater German Empire. Large signs proclaim independance, and soverignity while men and women of the Serbian Soverignity Movement pace tirelessly the streets making sure no attempts are made to turn the peaceful rally into an aggesive protest. Now the intellectual council of the SSM have announced that they have traced the blood line leading to Petar Karadjordjevic II. They say this man has been found. Old artworks of royal figures of his bloodline where dug out of his basement and where being held above the crowd durign the march through Belgrade. Kralj Petar II was asked to speak before the crowd. The Kralj or King as many now refer to him as addressed the crowd only briefly, but succeeded in capturing their attention and releasing a mass applaud and cheer out of them. "The Serbian people are marching into a new era, where Sebs will no longer be displaced and manipulated by other nations, but will instead hold the reigns of their own powerful Kingdom. Serbians united will rise to prosperity. May our friends and allies lend out their hands now, or quickly grasp their swords and guns for Serbians will bow no longer!"

amassive-rally.jpg

**Reich Southern Military District HQ**

Reichsprotektor Karl Frank stood in his office, reading over the various reports flooding his office. One report from the Reich Security Bureau warned of a possible rebellion. Another report warned of possible terrorist attacks. So far, the protest had spread to millions, and it was still growing. While the protestors were peaceful so far, there was always a risk things could escalate. Therefore, Reichsprotektor Frank alerted the Southern Reich Military District HQ. The Reich's Southern Military District had over fifty thousand troops, two hundred tanks and assorted air assets. Over fifty percent of this force was a rapid response force and was designed to respond quickly to urgent situations. In response to Frank's request, these forces were placed on high alert.

After doing this, Reichsprotektor Karl Frank sent a memo, directly to Scolar Visari. It was a short memo.

Mein Kaiser,

Situation in Reichsprotektorate urgent. Possibility of Rebellion. I need your consul on how to handle the current situation.

Upon receiving the message, Visari read it and shook his head. He was thinking of releasing the Reichsprotektorate for some time now. Instead of responding to the Reichsprotektorate, he sent a memo directly to the Serbian leadership.

Dear Friends,

I understand your current situation and I sympathize. Therefore, I suggest you come to Berlin. I'd be happy to discuss this current situation with you. I do hope we can find a peaceful solution.

Heil

Signed,

Scolar Visari

Martensheim Military Command: South has been put on secondary alert at the news of a possible uprising in Belgrade. GROM Special Forces, Intelligence Officers and Martial Police have been put on full alert awaiting deployment to keep the peace in case of a violent insurrection.

**Berlin**

The stage was set to receive the Serbian representatives. German honour guards lined the red carpet at the New Berlin Tempelhof Airport. At the edge of the carpet stood Scolar Visar. He walked forward with a slight smile on his face.

Hello and welcome to Germany. Shall we depart to my palace to discuss this issue?

Edited by Malatose

**Berlin**

The stage was set to receive the Serbian representatives. German honour guards lined the red carpet at the New Berlin Tempelhof Airport. At the edge of the carpet stood Scolar Visar. He walked forward with a slight smile on his face.

Hello and welcome to Germany. Shall we depart to my palace to discuss this issue?

The small delegation was amazed that their movement had gained this much ground in such a short time. Finally, soon Serbs would have a homeland. "Yes, let us depart straight away." replied Kralj Petar II

Kaiser's Palace

The meeting between the two parties took place in the Kaiser Palace's conference room. It was a massive room, with large windows and the occassional poster depicting the Kaiser or German history. The table, itself, was rather large. Infront of the men were various refreshments and a waiter regularly made him rounds around the table, offering the men drinks. Soon, the Kaiser began to speak.

"As you know, we are here to discuss the possibility of granting Serbia freedom. However, I have but one question. Why are you asking for freedom now? I was under the impression that the Reich had provided just about everything the Balkans needed, in regards to security and economic well being. Perhaps I was wrong? Also, if peace is granted today, what direction would Serbia go? Would we have to watch our backs in the future..or will we have a fruitful relationship? To be honest, I'm hoping it is the latter."

He picked up his glass and sipped his wine, slowly.

Edited by Malatose

This time one of the younger intellectuals, Dimitar Ćurčić, spoke. "The GGE has done a fine job of providing economic stability, and we enjoy a sense of safety under your leadership. But the large and rapidly growing Serbian population has reached a time in our evolution that we must now walk on our own; this is what your leadership failed to notice, and this is why, now, we want Serbian freedom." He lifted his glass and took a sip and another councilman continued. "Along with political changes, the last war braught forth an era of strengthened nationalism. These changes caught wind in this particular part of the world, and mixing that with the large amount of Serbs living under foreign rule, this was innevitable."

"You could be right. You could be wrong. The reason why we intervened in the Balkans was because of nationalism causing various ethnic clashes, but I will give you the benefit of the doubt. Maybe the issue has been foreign rule. Either way, we will test this theory out, when you're granted your independence."

Visari stood up and took a document his Reich Minister of Foreign Affairs was holding.

"Gentlemen, today Serbia becomes a free nation. We will begin withdrawing our assets, immediately."

Visari smiled for a bit

"I do believe Serbia will do well under your guidance. Also, I suggest we sign a treaty, perhaps a MDP, to ensure that our two nations continue to work together and recieve the economic benefits which the Balkan people are accustomed. This aid will, of course, be withdrawn when you guys situation yourselves."

The mens' serious faces shattered into big smiles. Petar II stated, "Today, gentlement we have acheived something great." Then Dimitar stood to speak, "Reguarding relations between our nations, this move to allow us freedom ensures there will be no 'hard feelings' what so ever. In all respects the Greater German Empire has done much to ensure the safety and stability of Serbs and others living within your protectorate. And today you have granted us access to the final step in our march to nationhood." The delegation claps, and exchanges handshakes with everyone in the room. Again Petar II speaks to the Kaiser, "An MDP sounds like a wonderful idea. I accept."

Visari smiled

"I wish you all the best of luck, of course. I will have my Reich Ministry post up the announcement with you guys as soon as possible. If you could provide him with the signatures, that'd be a tremendous help."

The Reich Minister of Foreign Affairs placed the document on the table.

Preamble

This is a Friendship, Non-Aggression, Economic Pact for the nations of the Greater German Reich and the Kingdom of Serbia

Article I

In the signing of this pact, it must be clear that both organizations will remain sovereign as will the members in each nation. This pact is not a merger of any kind, and its terms apply only to threats to the security of the stability of both signatory alliances.

Article II

In the signing of this pact, both sides agree to defend and aid one another in times of war when requested by the other signatory nation. Should either of the signatory nation be attacked by another power, the other is required to come to its assistance with its full strength and resources. It must also be clear that this pact is intended to only defend the safety and prosperity of the signatory nation, and not as a tool to aid in any imperialistic goals of either alliance. To prevent such events from occurring, this pact may be broken to further protect and maintain both nation's safety and integrity. If there is ever a conflict of interests between multiple MDPs, neutrality is the only option.

Article III

Should either signatory be involved in offensive warfare, the other signatory shall have the option, but not the obligation, to assist in ways military, economic or otherwise.

Article IV

If this pact is to be broken, both signatory nations must agree to, but are not limited to, the following. First, the offended nation must notify the offending alliance of their intentions to break the pact at least 24 hours in advance in order for said alliance time to prepare for the change. Second, both nations agree to a 72 hour period of mandatory non-aggression, in which neither side may declare war upon each other.

Article V

This MDP only applies in a situation in which one the signatory nations comes under the direct attack of another alliance. In essence, this means if either of the above nations jumps into a war due to an MDP it has with a separate alliance, this MDP is considered inapplicable.