Great War [insert roman numeral here]

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"The Great Reckoning" sounds great for the next war, if it lives up to hype :D

I wish that it was like the days before my time though - The Citrus War and Polar Wars 1 & 2 sound so much more characterful

continuing on from what I was saying, a Great War is considered a Great War by a majority of the community after the fact. Sure pockets refer to UJW as GWIV and WoC as GWV, but the large majority refer to them by their voted on name. If a war does match the scale of I-III then it will probably become GWIV, but I believe that is very unlikely.

Great Wars 1-3 were the only Great Wars. NPO vs CoaLUEtion

The next ones were the "Curb Stomp Wars", mainly because they were very one sided in terms of NS.

Hopefully this next war will start a new era of them.

UJW wasn't really one-sided.

It was close enough.

continuing on from what I was saying, a Great War is considered a Great War by a majority of the community after the fact. Sure pockets refer to UJW as GWIV and WoC as GWV, but the large majority refer to them by their voted on name. If a war does match the scale of I-III then it will probably become GWIV, but I believe that is very unlikely.

I consider UJW a "great war" but not a "Great War", if you follow.

Definitely a World War.

UJW wasn't really one-sided.

It was close enough.

I consider UJW a "great war" but not a "Great War", if you follow.

Definitely a World War.

First point, UJP was outnumbered a minimal 2:1 in NS and nations. Even if they had perfect coordination, there is nothing that could have delivered a more sounding blow than all the bandwaggoners that hopped on.

Second point, yes its a world war, but it lasted just over a week and no damage was done to one side with the exception of the NpO. (~ actually grew 1,000,000 NS by the end of the war)

Can't we just stop calling the wars "Great War [insert number here]" and use some creativity? Not only would we have the fun of a more descriptive name, we could avoid endless arguments about whether it is or isn't a "Great" war.

Putting my creativity where my mouth is, my vote for the name of coming war is "The Continuum Civil War."

not having been present for the GW's (however many you all decide on) my comments are rather limited.

however, it would seem that unless there is a change the wars involving a good majority of alliances in CN will probably continue to be tagged with the "great war."

(OOC) as a newcomer the use of GW seems to parallel the use of WW outside CN

personally I think it would be good to let the GW's have their titles and move onto something new to show the distinction between then and now... and with something continuum related since that seems to be a big element in the recent shakeup leading to NPO and TORN declaring war on OV