An Anouncement The Arctic Order

This kind of gives away the fact MHA will be entering this upcoming conflict.. in the summer.

Because if we were going to war we would first tell our protectorates and ask what they would do right? I have some great words of advice a hitchhiker said to me, "Don't Panic".

Do what you need to do Arcticans if any of your members want any action they know what to do ;)

Also we need some place to hide our banks :ph34r:

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just shut up, please

I have never heard of you and I dont think anyone cares

Methinks we (MHA) cares about the Arctic Order, otherwise we would not protect them.

And I personaly would appreciate it if you would treat other people and alliances with a little more respect please.

mmmk then i'm pretty sure protectorates are one way only so you were in no threat (I hope)

Indeed, thats why it is called a protectorate and not an MDP :)

Very true, OA will be jumping in and we are about 10 men :). Size does not matter, and Im pretty sure your Allies at the MHA would do the war targeting for you, Or may I say the Gramlins most likely would :P

Well it looks more like you guys are about 22 men, but it's still good to see that you're going to fight despite your size.

I know being a protectorate and with the circulating war rumors, it can seem daunting. However, the best thing to do is just listen to your protector. You're not obligated to jump in hence the reason of being a protectorate. Posting a DoN before war tensions is usually not a good idea because that is declaring neutrality for something that has not even occurred yet or may not even occur. Do what you have to do but the best advice will come from your protector, not the OWF.

I know being a protectorate and with the circulating war rumors, it can seem daunting. However, the best thing to do is just listen to your protector. You're not obligated to jump in hence the reason of being a protectorate. Posting a DoN before war tensions is usually not a good idea because that is declaring neutrality for something that has not even occurred yet or may not even occur. Do what you have to do but the best advice will come from your protector, not the OWF.

Lies, you should listen to every advice given here and take it as the gospel.

Because if we were going to war we would first tell our protectorates and ask what they would do right? I have some great words of advice a hitchhiker said to me, "Don't Panic".

Do what you need to do Arcticans if any of your members want any action they know what to do ;)

Also we need some place to hide our banks :ph34r:

Good Job sham.. :) btw, you still over using Don't Panic I see?

Well it looks more like you guys are about 22 men, but it's still good to see that you're going to fight despite your size.

We are, but we may pull a jarheads and jump to 400 members.

Interesting. I was previously unaware of how most nations thought about neutrality on the CN boards, but after this four page thread, I consider myself enlightened. Thank you everyone, for pounding it into TAO's head that they are cowards in your view, however redundant it may be. I'm sure TAO is grateful for your consideration, but I don't expect them to lose sleep.

Despite what seems to be common opinion, TAO does not need to prove themselves to us. We are quite content with protecting them, irregardless of their decisions on neutrality. We understood that when we signed the treaty, and we are not so tyrannic as to demand they fight in our wars. Part of the reason an alliance seeks a protector is to avoid war altogether, not to ensure a place in the next global conflict. The MHA discourages its protectorates to feel obligated to fight for us; when one signs a protectorate treaty, he does not sign it expecting to be a meat shield, as some of you expect him to do.

You are all entitled to your opinions, don't get me wrong. Feel free to fill up these threads with your philosophy all you wish; it's a right bestowed upon you all by the great administrator in the tubes. But please, consider your audience. You are not castigating some huge sanctioned alliance. Respect is a two way street, if you'll excuse my atrocious cliché; some of you demand it from your enemies, but withhold it from everyone else.

Edited by Floatsam

Well said Floatsam.

Just because TAO are under MHA protection does not mean they bend to our will in terms of alliance administration and foreign policy. The terms of EPIC do not stipluate that TAO are, for all intents and purposes, our colony. We are their brothers. Brothers, when they are fighting try to leave their brothers out of it, lest they want to help.

TAO and our protectorates do not exist by the virtue of our continued benevolence; we do not keep our friends in check by chaining them to a treaty or threaten cancellation when they "step out of line." We attempt to provide an environment with which to cultivate their eventual independence. If you are in an alliance that only keeps protectorates as a convenient reserve fighting force in times of crisis, then I feel sorry for you; most of all, I feel sorry for your protectorates.

Edited by Crushtania

Interesting. I was previously unaware of how most nations thought about neutrality on the CN boards, but after this four page thread, I consider myself enlightened. Thank you everyone, for pounding it into TAO's head that they are cowards in your view, however redundant it may be. I'm sure TAO is grateful for your consideration, but I don't expect them to lose sleep.

Despite what seems to be common opinion, TAO does not need to prove themselves to us. We are quite content with protecting them, irregardless of their decisions on neutrality. We understood that when we signed the treaty, and we are not so tyrannic as to demand they fight in our wars. Part of the reason an alliance seeks a protector is to avoid war altogether, not to ensure a place in the next global conflict. The MHA discourages its protectorates to feel obligated to fight for us; when one signs a protectorate treaty, he does not sign it expecting to be a meat shield, as some of you expect him to do.

You are all entitled to your opinions, don't get me wrong. Feel free to fill up these threads with your philosophy all you wish; it's a right bestowed upon you all by the great administrator in the tubes. But please, consider your audience. You are not castigating some huge sanctioned alliance. Respect is a two way street, if you'll excuse my atrocious cliché; some of you demand it from your enemies, but withhold it from everyone else.

I imagine people are just worked up over all the war and gore rumors floating around and are looking for a scapegoat to vent on. Besides, no one who has ridiculed TAO is (to my knowledge) in a leadership position, so it's not like their opinions even matter. Nonetheless, it's nice to see you taking a stand for your protectorate.

Speaking for myself only, I think these premature DoN would come across better if there was actually an ongoing war towards which one could be neutral. Having mere protectorates declaring neutrality during peace time, I don't get it. Are people actually that scared by the war rumors?

Edited by Azhrarn

Speaking for myself only, I think these premature DoN would come across better if there was actually an ongoing war towards which one could be neutral. Having mere protectorates declaring neutrality during peace time, I don't get it. Are people actually that scared by the war rumors?

Clearly they are. When people start putting up sigs meant to insult their enemies, sit around at update pressing f5 and enter into peace mode en-mass I think it's fairly safe to say that people expect a war.

Edited by Hydro