No War!

Duke Nukem

Because this is a game, because the current hegemony needs to be changed and is only done so by a massive war or incredible event that rarely ever happens.

After that friends follow friends and before you know it everyone is involved. :P

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Also I would like to point out I am a jew. I am supposed to hate war. So sue me and my jew friends.

At least you admit to perpetuating a social stereotype...

War is a barbaric practice if we think about it; after all, what could be more savage than beating you over the head until you agree with me? But it is a necessary practice in the end, when we realize that some heads are too hard to be penetrated by fresh ideas so they must be penetrated by bullets. War, sad as it is, is the only real way to bring about social change in our time.

One is left with the horrible feeling now that war settles nothing; that to win a war is as disastrous as to lose one- Agatha Christie.

Also I would like to point out I am a jew. I am supposed to hate war. So sue me and my jew friends.

OOC: Be very, very careful how you play this card. People get offended very quickly. Not only has war settled a great many things historically (I live in a country that was born of war and now calls the country that it won its independence from 'friend'), but by evoking the Jewish faith, you are calling into question both justifications for war written in the Torah, but also condemning the actions of the State of Israel has taken in defense of itself whether they be defensive or proactive militarily speaking.

IC: Irrelevant to Planet Bob. War here is far more common and accepted.

I just think war doesn't accomplish anything. Why can't we just be friends and share laughs. Come on its a game. Its supposed to be fun and relieve stress not make you worried.

If there was no war, what would the point of the game be? Purchase infrastructure endlessly and discuss how awesome that is? War is part of the game, and war is what makes the game interesting.

Granted we could all be a little friendlier about it.

OOC: War is a lot of fun and this one looks like it might be a blast. If you (OP) don't want to fight I can respect that but let the rest of us enjoy ourselves.

IC: My nation's transportation is fueled by the blood of the unborn. Supplies are running low. :ph34r:

Who do we fight for? If I am drawn into a war, I am fighting for those very friends in other alliances, my allies. My friends that I have foresworn loyalty to. This is a place where war will always coexist for peace. Peace is just a time between wars. War may or may not happen but I will fight for my alliance that has given me everything and it asks me in return to defend it and its' friends and so I will. You decide where you call home, it is your government that draws you into conflict. If you don't agree with your government or your alliances' choice of allies, then leave. It is your choice to stay there and fight. But I will fight out of loyalty and for my alliance.

War can make friends and destroy alliances at the same time. So can peace through inactivity. They both destroy and create. One cannot be entirely blamed for one thing. Things happen and war is natural, without it, there is no balance to peace. So, war will occur out of grudges, out of diplomacy and out of boredom. It will happen regardless at some time no matter what events. It doesn't really matter who, when or what, it is a fact of life.

Personally I can't wait for this thing to actually happen. This is how the world works, people fight (often for no good reason). In all of history, it has been calculated that, there have been 288 years of peace. Peace just doesn't last.

It doesn't really matter what the Cassus Belli is, the only reason we have war here is because most important events happen during wars. There isn't going to be a major political shift during peace time, nor is there a chance for revenge in peace time.

Guys I come before you as a humble man who questions this war. Why must we fight? Why must we hate? War doesn't accomplish anything. We should constantly live in a state of peace and not have to worry about if our nation will survive the day. And for all you non govs ask yourself why do you fight. Because they tell you to and you blindly follow authority. I propose we never have this war. We don't need it. This war will pit you against your friends in other alliances. I for one am saying no to the brutality. I am in peace mode and will only come out in defense of my friends. I urge many of you to do the same. Just say no to the hate and violence that people are making you do. Any conflict can be resolved by diplomatic measures and not who has more nukes. I hope this has urged you to not want war and Just Say No. By the way this is in no way the views of VA just my own.

Well, at least Valhalla seems to have taken this man's views to heart.

War gives one a goal. To build your nation to its fullest and put it to a test. After the war you know what you did wrong and have a new challenge to fix what you missed.

Besides one can only take in so many Grateful Dead concerts, and joan baez gets on my nerves after while.