On the Third Day He Rose Again

kingzog

With regard to the first part: no. I'd be a terrible spy. For one thing, I don't do the whole 'RP' thing. (To me, 'roleplay' involves the missus in a schoolgirl uniform, but I digress....)

Over the past six months 'kingzog' has not been in regular contact with any CN alliance, but a handsome fellow by the name of Juan Valdez has been somewhat active, although not to the degree he would have liked. (That pesky annoyance known as 'RL' has a tendency to get in fun's way. Or so Juan tells me.)

One of the pitfalls of playing CN under a different name is that there is what one can only call a loss of cyber-identity. For good or for ill, the name 'kingzog' was at least known to people. 'Juan Valdez' was not, and it was frustrating at times, especially when someone would challenge my knowledge about a particular situation.

Anyway, I did not tell anyone who I was, lest I get my alliances into trouble. In fact, I flat-out lied to many people on several occasions about who I was, which didn't sit well with me at all. But it gave them plausible deniability, which was the point.

You are correct, sir.

I know what that's like, I had done that several times looking for fun fresh start before settling back permanently.

I thought you weren't allowed to play this game again? :awesome:

The only person able to make that decision seems to think it's OK for me to be here.

/me braces himself, just in case

Best of luck should you choose to run for senate again.

I honestly hope I never run for the Senate again, regardless of color. It's a pain in the butt, really.

you must be one of the four horsemen of the apocalypse kingzog

Let's see....

/me checks his gut....nope, definitely not Famine.

/me checks his NS and military....if I'm War then I am, as the kids say, "Doin it wrong."

/me checks his temperature....geez, I sure hope I'm not Pestilence. I feel fine. :(

/me checks his pulse....nope, not Death, either.

farnsworth.jpg

Good news, everyone! The world will not be ending anytime soon.

At first I was a bit confused by the comments about my having picked a good time to come back. But, having now been brought up to speed on what's going on, I would tend to agree. It is a good time to be here. Well, an interesting time, anyway, although it's unlikely I'll be participating in upcoming events.

Welcome back Kingzog, im really glad you came back to this game.

You know that thing people say about coming back to CN? I fear it's true.

Edited by kingzog

Welcome back, kingzog.

I certainly didn't like you the first time I knew of you (looooong ago), but I admit that you later gained my respect. I am glad you're here again.

I'm almost afraid to ask what the circumstances were when you first knew of me. (So I won't.)

You happen to be one of my favorite posters. In a world where 'Posting this will get me warned.', 'o/ whatever' and other spam are considered to be the height of wit or eloquence, we need more people who actually think before clicking the Add Reply button.

It's always good to see old players come back.

Do you have some kind of script that sends you an alert when your name is mentioned? :blink:

ZOOOOOOOOG!

What's goin on old man?? hahaha good to have you back ;)

Lessee....

On the personal front, the wife and I are 'trying'. (Best. Euphemism. Ever.) That will be number six for me. Hey, what's one more when you're already hopelessly outnumbered?

And it's good to be back. I've been browsing your posts, and it would seem you've acquired quite the little cult following. This is only appropriate, as you're one of the more clever folks I've met in CN. (I knew there was a reason I pushed to have you saved from 'nuke rogue' status the night NoV's High Command went a little postal. Boy that was a fun night....hard to believe it was nearly two years ago. :o )

Edited by kingzog

Do you have some kind of script that sends you an alert when your name is mentioned? :blink:

Lessee....

On the personal front, the wife and I are 'trying'. (Best. Euphemism. Ever.) That will be number six for me. Hey, what's one more when you're already hopelessly outnumbered?

And it's good to be back. I've been browsing your posts, and it would seem you've acquired quite the little cult following. This is only appropriate, as you're one of the more clever folks I've met in CN. (I knew there was a reason I pushed to have you saved from 'nuke rogue' status the night NoV's High Command went a little postal. Boy that was a fun night....hard to believe it was nearly two years ago. :o )

I know what you mean; it's crazy to think of how some of the "new kids" of our old days have risen up to become so much more.

Recruiting messages received thus far (in order of when they were received):

1. New Pacific Order

This one cracked me up a little.

Recently, members of various alliances have begun attacking unaligned nations in an effort to steal land and technology. However, the New Pacific Order protects all unaligned nations on the Red Team; we are against this form of bullying.

Recently? Really? I suppose that in the grand scheme of things this is true. Three years isn't really a long time, is it?

And yes, I know the NPO is against raiding, preferring much more advanced forms of bullying.

2. United Purple Nations

This is just sad.

....do you wanna join the United Purple Nations? If you don't, I'll cry and flood the whole Earth!!!!

3. The Phoenix Federation

....we are a warrior alliance, with a kickass flag and some sort of addiction when it comes down to guns....

At least I know why TPF isn't interested in seeing their allies give FAN peace. They're trying to emulate them! (Imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, they say.)

4. The Syndicate

No comments about their message, except that the author doesn't know the difference between 'your' and 'you're'. That alone would keep me from joining.

5. Christian Coalition of Countries

I have a lot of respect for these guys, but they really need to coordinate their recruiting. I received the same message from two different members.

6. New Polar Order

A quality message. Kudos.

7. Guru Order

Another good message. No complaints.

8. Mostly Harmless Alliance

Am I the 1st, 10th, 42nd person asking you to join an alliance?

Have they tempted you with offers of free aid, knowledge, free aid, power, free aid, a great community, and last but not least FREE AID only to find out that you have to go through some silly initiation ritual?

Would you rather just get in an alliance without all that work and get your FREE AID?!?

Well, guess what?!?!? We also have an initiation (bummer). But, all those other things are true, too!

More clever than funny, but good nonetheless.

-------------------

And no, I haven't made up my mind.

EDIT: Actually....cancel that. I have submitted an application.

Edited by kingzog

A Declaration of Re-Existence

It hasn't been three days, weeks or even months. It has now been more than six months since 'kingzog' pulled the plug on his Senate campaign, relocated to Yellow and then quietly deleted his nations.

Interesting statement we have here, I'm just curious for the use of the plural, not that I care or would it matter to me in any way shape or form, however posting it in public, well that may add a new twist to your future in CN, especially since the latest with-hunt conducted by you know who and their cronies of goons and e-thugs.

A Declaration of Re-Existence

/me checks the calendar.

Wow.

It hasn't been three days, weeks or even months. It has now been more than six months since 'kingzog' pulled the plug on his Senate campaign, relocated to Yellow and then quietly deleted his nations.

It has been even longer since he resigned from his last alliance and prepared to allow his nation to lapse into the great void. Then the NoCB War started, and he was approached with an idea so foolhardy, so audacious that it couldn't possibly succeed.

And then it did....and he was stuck in CN several weeks longer than he had intended.

OK, enough referring to myself in the third person. Who do I think I am, Bob Dole?

Since the Ottawa Empire ceased to exist a few days before what would have been my second anniversary, I suppose this could serve as a replacement of sorts for an anniversary thread.

Or not.

Regardless, I'm back. I've lost touch with many of you, largely because I have been on Coldfront perhaps ten times in six months. In that time I didn't catch up with everyone I wanted to see, but I shall try to do so in the coming days.

I shall also be pleased to answer any questions related to my past, present and/or future on Planet Bob. (I shall even answer [limited] questions relating to OOC/RL matters, since many of you know things about that already and I have never gone out of my way to hide anything.) Understand, though, that if a question requires me to break open the 'Imperial Chamber of Secrets'tm I will probably answer with a quick 'yes', 'no' or 'no comment'. (I will not wade through nearly 60MB of .txt files to satisfy anyone's curiosity. Sorry.)

During my last year or so as kingzog on PB, I amassed a wealth of information. There was surprisingly little that happened that I did not know about well in advance. Why? I really don't know. I wasn't running a spy network. I didn't sell information to the highest bidder. Really....I think people simply enjoyed talking to me.

This is a good thing, as I enjoyed speaking with most of you. I look forward to continuing our conversations.

Finally, I seem to recall that anniversary threads usually contain shout-outs. I'm going to forego that tradition, since those people I like know who they are and, sadly, some of those I like best are now gone from PB.

So....any questions?

Kingzog - how can one man be so full of awesome?

Kingzog - how can one man be so full of awesome?

I've been accused of being full of many things, but never 'awesome'.

What a welcome change! :lol:

(Good to see you, btw. Hope things continue to go well health-wise.)

Interesting statement we have here, I'm just curious for the use of the plural, not that I care or would it matter to me in any way shape or form, however posting it in public, well that may add a new twist to your future in CN, especially since the latest with-hunt conducted by you know who and their cronies of goons and e-thugs.

That's what we in the English teaching biz call a typo. Thanks for pointing it out.

Wow I missed this. Welcome back Zog it is good to have you back. A little stability and reason has returned to PB. She finally convinced you to try for 6 OW LAWDY.. Mine wants to go for 3.

You were always a stable wall to throw ideas off of and helped me greatly when i needed it.

o/ Zog

Wow I missed this. Welcome back Zog it is good to have you back. A little stability and reason has returned to PB. She finally convinced you to try for 6 OW LAWDY.. Mine wants to go for 3.

You were always a stable wall to throw ideas off of and helped me greatly when i needed it.

o/ Zog

Thanks, Bud. That's appreciated.

And 3? Pfft....piece of cake. ;)