As the World Turns....

Gabe Logan

The recent days have seen the cancellations of many treaties between allies. Those in the know seem to understand the events which have taken place leading up to the heightened tensions and rumors of war all across Planet Bob. Many of us in the region belong to alliances which are not directly, or for that matter, even indirectly involved in the backroom meetings taking place between nation leaders and thus have only the outsider's view looking in on the happenings around us. I am one such leader and the people of my nation, the great US Republic, have been clamoring for days as to exactly what is taking place.

Our proud, but small nation lies in rubble and as the building efforts continue, we are still cut off from the mainstream with no way of receiving daily news on world events...other than what we learn from the occasional wanderer who crosses our territory. Even as I try to calm and reassure my people that all is well, our resident prophet, Samuel, sends warnings to our people claiming the end is nigh!

And thus, I set out on the last means of transportation available within our walls...my faithful mule, Opus, and rode for days until alas, I reached the Congress of World Affairs. Now, I am here, asking for just a hint of knowledge as to the true meaning behind the recent events that continue to unfold. It is said that friends have betrayed friends and others have ran in fear to join sides with which they feel will protect their people.

We simply do not know what to make of all this. We are not even clear of how many sides there are to this apparent conflict, much less who is who's side. Perhaps someone here can offer some insight to the people of the US Republic and their allies, as well as those other alliances who sit and wonder if and when they will see the dark luminescent clouds of radioactive doom looming over their territories. And if this is to be, then why? And what can be done to prevent it?

Is there no hope?

tl;dr Alot of us don't have a clue what's going on because we don't know the right people are don't belong to an alliance involved. Anyone willing to shed some light on the situation?

Alot of us don't have a clue what's going on because we don't know the right people are don't belong to an alliance involved. Anyone willing to shed some light on the situation?

I would of course be glad to shed light on the situation if you'll be a bit more specific as to what you'd like to know about.

I would of course be glad to shed light on the situation if you'll be a bit more specific as to what you'd like to know about.

ES, why don't you start with running down the possible sides and the possible grievances/CBs for each side. I could do it, but I am too lazy. Also too ignorant.

ES, why don't you start with running down the possible sides and the possible grievances/CBs for each side. I could do it, but I am too lazy. Also too ignorant.

I would love to read ES point of view on the issue, and what he knows and believes would transpire.