The Mendacity of Populism

Byron Orpheus

More hypocritical psycho-babble from the Hegemony.

More inane name-calling and accusations of Orwellian government by the violent extremists.

You do realize that most players have more to fear from the warrantless and unjustified attacks of Ridalin-fueled despots and their army of disgruntled misanthropes than rogues, right?

I was referring to the micro-alliance/rogue problem that could occur as a result of a massive weakening of all major alliances (for I hope you do realize that, especially if Pacifica for some reason loses a war, any coming war will certainly be devestating).

This Pax Pacifica you speak of...is never peaceful and only pleasant to those on top. For any "threat" (unjustified or imaginary) to the status quo is met with a jackboot. So, please, save us the defense of what is nothing more than Stalinism while you and your allies are no better than Mátyás Rákosi.

Ah, such imagery! It is much more useful for your cause to attempt to put images of pseudo-fascist statism into the minds of the uninformed instead of relying upon the truth of the matter-- that Pacifica, far from representing a dystopian military state, is a beacon of civilization and structure, order and discipline, within the chaotic goings-on of Bob.

As a side note, I'm afraid I can't be Mátyás Rákosi-- I've never been very fond of salami.

Edited by Byron Orpheus

• Replies 106
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was referring to the micro-alliance/rogue problem that could occur as a result of a massive weakening of all major alliances (for I hope you do realize that, especially if Pacifica for some reason loses a war, any coming war will certainly be devestating).

We'd have to literally annihilate every nation in every alliance that fights to make rogues a remote threat to...well pretty much anyone. It's simply foolish to think that this will somehow make rogues and unaligned a threat to pretty much any alliance.

We'd have to literally annihilate every nation in every alliance that fights to make rogues a remote threat to...well pretty much anyone. It's simply foolish to think that this will somehow make rogues and unaligned a threat to pretty much any alliance.

I am not suggesting it would be the end of the world, but it would far surpass the present time spent dealing with such issues (which is negligible).

Since this has been mentioned a number of times, I will assume that my comments about the more uncivilized parts of our planet are the only portions of my original statement that anyone has anything concrete to argue against-- I will concede that rogues will not consume the world, but I do believe that the levels of alliance strength we witness these days will not maintain and that practices such as raiding and aggressive sphere battles will increase in frequency and magnitude.

Assumptions are great aren't they.

I am assuming most people have rejected your viewpoint simply because talking to brick walls is a unrewarding effort.

You shouldn't take silence as acceptance of your viewpoints. That is something that truly plagues this planet we call Bob.

Assumptions are great aren't they.

I am assuming most people have rejected your viewpoint simply because talking to brick walls is a unrewarding effort.

You shouldn't take silence as acceptance of your viewpoints. That is something that truly plagues this planet we call Bob.

Something that I have learned over the years is that far more people process what you have said than reply. The greater fault would be the person who misidentifies the lack of 20 pages as a lack of comprehension or a lack of appreciation.

Something that I have learned over the years is that far more people process what you have said than reply. The greater fault would be the person who misidentifies the lack of 20 pages as a lack of comprehension or a lack of appreciation.

Actually, pages are not necessary for any conversation to be worthwhile. The worse offense though are those who assume their writings are indeed greatly insightful or intriguing when in all practicality they are redundant viewpoints surrounded in fluttery words.

Actually, pages are not necessary for any conversation to be worthwhile. The worse offense though are those who assume their writings are indeed greatly insightful or intriguing when in all practicality they are redundant viewpoints surrounded in fluttery words.

Insightful and intriguing are beyond my scope. My purpose is only to educate, and I have made no claim otherwise.