GURU ORDER goes public on tech selling!

Mentor

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

241 nations...308 aid packages. It seems like the reports your tech selling out quickly were exaggerated?

I mean, my alliance has 20% of your numbers, and still has 50% the aid slot usage.

As mentioned artificial inflation is artificial.

The price of 3mil/150tech was standard back when I was selling. That was a year ago. Now the price is 3mil/100tech and going up, and I bite my tongue to stop myself from yelling at all you idiots to stop this madness. This inflation is caused by the buyer. I understand that it's nice to give money to AA mates (which I do quite often, I don't mind a good 3mil/50tech deal) but I think the higher price you pay for tech, the worse quality of players you produce. When tech was 3mil/150tech, you had to ration your money supply and make sure you were prompt or things got all screwed up. These new, more expensive deals are making it easier for buyers to make mistakes and not learn from them. We are creating a new breed of players, unfit to join our military and economic ranks.

For the sake of CN's posterity, do not buy tech at this price.

The price of 3mil/150tech was standard back when I was selling. That was a year ago.

To be completely honest, you were getting ripped off.

I started selling nearly two years ago, stopped in the fall of '07. 3M/100T was already a common price; one of the reasons my first alliance turned down Grämlins was because they were still on 3M/150T and we were doing 2.5M/100T, including about 300K to the middleman IIRC, as our standard deal.

But when I switched away from middleman-based deals and went to 1x1s, everything was 3M/100T everywhere.

The price of 3mil/150tech was standard back when I was selling. That was a year ago. Now the price is 3mil/100tech and going up, and I bite my tongue to stop myself from yelling at all you idiots to stop this madness. This inflation is caused by the buyer. I understand that it's nice to give money to AA mates (which I do quite often, I don't mind a good 3mil/50tech deal) but I think the higher price you pay for tech, the worse quality of players you produce. When tech was 3mil/150tech, you had to ration your money supply and make sure you were prompt or things got all screwed up. These new, more expensive deals are making it easier for buyers to make mistakes and not learn from them. We are creating a new breed of players, unfit to join our military and economic ranks.

For the sake of CN's posterity, do not buy tech at this price.

Give this man a cookie

if you have a surplus it means your prices are too high.

No it actually means we have allot of members, when you have 244 members and the AVR NS is 4000ish you are bound to have a surplus, the surplus is not as big as it used to be, we have found several buyers willing to buy at our going rates and it is getting smaller, this potential war is slowing the process down a little though ;)

I'm trying to wrap my head around how 3m/50T is better than 3m/100T...

With a 3m/100T, it goes like this...

Aid 1. Send 3m

2. Get 50 tech

3. Get 50 tech

4. Repeat

Always works for me.

3m/50T

Aid 1. Send 3m

2. Get 50 tech

3. Lose 1.5m

Tech sellers might want prices to rise for their own benefit, but buyers want them to stay down. Now, think of it this way.

For sellers, the increased prices would be better. However, if the price of tech increases, it will be bad for the buyers in the short run and sellers in the long run. Sellers will evolve into buyers, and be faced with the same prices they charged.

Edit: Also, if you have a giant surplus, ods are someone is giving a better price than you and your prices are way too high.

Edited by Drakedeath

I'm trying to wrap my head around how 3m/50T is better than 3m/100T...

With a 3m/100T, it goes like this...

Aid 1. Send 3m

2. Get 50 tech

3. Get 50 tech

4. Repeat

Always works for me.

3m/50T

Aid 1. Send 3m

2. Get 50 tech

3. Lose 1.5m

The real problem is:

$3m/100T:

Use 3 slots, get 100 tech.

$3mil/50T:

Use 4 slots, get 100 tech.

That's the problem. Cash isn't a problem, slots are.

Both systems can deliver same-day tech (3x3 for $3mil/100T, 2x2 for $3mil/50T), so that's irrelevant.

But since Guru Order only gives a 72-hour guarantee, instead of same-day tech, then their higher prices (I mean slot-price, not cash-price) are not justified imo.

For all those who want to compare them to the early Grämlins; we guaranteed the tech on the EXACT DAY it was expected. If the actual seller didn't send it, then some other Grämlin would. In many cases this was handled before the buyer even realized anything was wrong.

That is reliability that has yet to be matched on Planet Bob.

yeah, the THREE whole days guaranteed thing is a bit weird, to say the least.

After two days I'm already wondering if I should get another seller.

Edit: also if you took lets say 2 days the most, its 11 days per deal. So is not even the price but the time.

There is nothing wrong in rethinking your strategy here.

Edited by Luis Quezada

yeah, the THREE whole days guaranteed thing is a bit weird, to say the least.

After two days I'm already wondering if I should get another seller.

Edit: also if you took lets say 2 days the most, its 11 days per deal. So is not even the price but the time.

There is nothing wrong in rethinking your strategy here.

This.

If one allowed 3 days to pass per aid slot, then let's see...

April 20: Send 3mil

May 3: Get 50 tech

While with a reliable, 3mil/50T deal...

April 20: Send 3mil

April 30: Get 50 tech

May 10: Get 50 tech

Yeah, rethink your financial streategy, GO.