A Squad Seven Diplomatic Announcement

AirMe

They had warning.
We intend to keep it. We will *not* condone the use of nuclear weaponry, nor will we condone the use of spies to deplete our foe's nuclear stockpile. However, should either of these tactics be employed by the UBD, we will respond in turn.

One would take that to understand that it would become a full nuclear war, not that they would be placed on ZI. To me it seems a little weird for an alliance endorsing first strike nukes to ZI for first strikes.

Edited by youwish959

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I hate to be the rain on the parade of love for MK, because I like MK as much as the next guy, but...

Seriously? ZI for nuking? Nukes are a legitimate weapon of war as you guys rightly acknowledge.

Nicely done with much class MK though I have one question.

UBD nations that went nuclear why are they being punished dont you also have a first strike policy.

I applaud the replacement of spied away nukes it shows the level of Class MK has.

Archon you trully are a great leader.

o/ MK

Leadership on both sides of the conflict gave strict orders not to use nuclear weapons. And, if you haven't been paying attention since the end of the last major war, MK has no first strike policy, we evaluate our nuclear strategy for each conflict we enter. Please stop spreading fallacies.

Edited by AirMe

One would take that to understand that it would become a full nuclear war, not that they would be placed on ZI. To me it seems a little weird for an alliance endorsing first strike nukes to ZI for first strikes.

If they had gone nuclear in mass that's how we would have responded. However because this was one guy violating UBD's clearly established policy this is by our estimation the most appropriate course of action.

Edited by Azaghul

Leadership on both sides of the conflict gave strict orders not to use nuclear weapons. And, if you haven't been paying attention since the end of the last major war, MK has no first strike policy, we evaluate our nuclear strategy for each conflict we enter. Please stop spreading fallacies.

Okay, so then wouldn't it be up to UBD to punish their members for using nukes?

My apologies, for spreading these "fallacies". I thought the policy was reinstated with the removal of that term.

Actually, yes, it would be up to UBD. Except that said nukers did so in a "going rogue" fashion, having dropped AA. So MK does not consider them UBD members, and is acting accordingly.

Also, to UBD - you can thank Russell for this. Don't waste him.

Okay, so then wouldn't it be up to UBD to punish their members for using nukes?

My apologies, for spreading these "fallacies". I thought the policy was reinstated with the removal of that term.

What part of "we never had a first strike policy to begin with" is so hard to grasp? The term that was removed was getting attacked by the NPO for first strike nuking no matter what the circumstances. Please if you would like to discuss this query me. We don't need to turn this positive thread into a discussion about the NPO.

Actually, yes, it would be up to UBD. Except that said nukers did so in a "going rogue" fashion, having dropped AA. So MK does not consider them UBD members, and is acting accordingly.

Also, to UBD - you can thank Russell for this. Don't waste him.

Thanks Archon

What part of "we never had a first strike policy to begin with" is so hard to grasp? The term that was removed was getting attacked by the NPO for first strike nuking no matter what the circumstances. Please if you would like to discuss this query me. We don't need to turn this positive thread into a discussion about the NPO.

I don't think I made it about NPO at all. Though they are evil. :v: I could argue with you about this stupid stuff all day, but the whole nuke first strike thing wasn't my point at all, just a minor "fallacy". However, I will offer my mindless praise for you if that is all your looking for.

Seriously though, I'm liking the shortened conflicts for minor things.

Thanks Archon

I don't think I made it about NPO at all. Though they are evil. :v: I could argue with you about this stupid stuff all day, but the whole nuke first strike thing wasn't my point at all, just a minor "fallacy". However, I will offer my mindless praise for you if that is all your looking for.

Seriously though, I'm liking the shortened conflicts for minor things.

I think this is the misunderstanding: we've never, even before the noCB war, had a set-in stone policy where we absolutely WOULD first strike nuke. We didn't nuke WAPA in both of those wars. While under NPO terms, we had to have a set in stone policy that we wouldn't first strike nuke. Before the noCB war and now, we have had a policy that we will first strike nuke if we feel it is appropriate to do so. Wars like this and the wars with WAPA didn't meet that condition. Nukes in this war would have been way overkill.

Crappy move from a normally excellent alliance. When you first made your declaration of war I hope, nay I knew, that we'd get a solid week of shens and dramatics out of it. And here you are, taking the war down to three measly nations with surrender terms so cheap you're practically giving them away!

Pathetic.

I have always held MK in great regard but you have done great damage on this day. Please do not disappoint me with future wars of untold aggression and malice. Also good show, MK. Honorable and excellent as always.

Also hello Random how are you I am fine I hope you are also fine. And I see what you did there.

Edited by Electron Sponge

I think this is the misunderstanding: we've never, even before the noCB war, had a set-in stone policy where we absolutely WOULD first strike nuke. We didn't nuke WAPA in both of those wars. While under NPO terms, we had to have a set in stone policy that we wouldn't first strike nuke. Before the noCB war and now, we have had a policy that we will first strike nuke if we feel it is appropriate to do so. Wars like this and the wars with WAPA didn't meet that condition. Nukes in this war would have been way overkill.

Yes, that was a mistake on my part. However, that in no way changes my point.