Announcement from the Ministry of Science

• Replies 220
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

yes because looking at that list it's clearly a gov only channel :rolleyes:

DM has access to that room as she's an extremely trusted friend of the alliance, who has done more for us (from before her days in the NPO) than you'll ever know. Not only is she rarely in that room, but whenever anything serious is about to be discussed she leaves straight away.

That's about as sad as the GGA. rofl.

I can see you from space, ES. I see you're keeping it real, and man, that new ministry of science complex looks humongous from up here! You must have got that funding in.

I saw your ship in a telescope this guy had. That ship is weird. Say hello to all the ladies on Venus for me, mister spaceman

yes because looking at that list it's clearly a gov only channel :rolleyes:

DM has access to that room as she's an extremely trusted friend of the alliance, who has done more for us (from before her days in the NPO) than you'll ever know. Not only is she rarely in that room, but whenever anything serious is about to be discussed she leaves straight away.

All those in that channel seem to be gov or ex-gov?

Either way i'm not really that "zomg you have no backbone because you're letting someone else in your gov channel" kind of guy, but if you are friends with someone i'm fairly sure there are like a million channels in which to keep contact with, not to mention non-irc stuff. Why let them invade your privacy on a top level for it?

Are you that willing to show NPO that your way of thinking will forever be molded with theirs? Don't you ever plan on outgrowing the alliance you are now by taking bolder more independent moves? Well the PR you've made for yourself is a big obstacle there but i don't think anything's unachievable really.

Also :golfclap: for the OP.

All those in that channel seem to be gov or ex-gov?

Either way i'm not really that "zomg you have no backbone because you're letting someone else in your gov channel" kind of guy, but if you are friends with someone i'm fairly sure there are like a million channels in which to keep contact with, not to mention non-irc stuff. Why let them invade your privacy on a top level for it?

Are you that willing to show NPO that your way of thinking will forever be molded with theirs? Don't you ever plan on outgrowing the alliance you are now by taking bolder more independent moves? Well the PR you've made for yourself is a big obstacle there but i don't think anything's unachievable really.

Also :golfclap: for the OP.

The majority in that chan are gov. or ex-gov, but not all. However as I said, DM is rarely in the channel and when she is, it's for social reaons. DM has been an incredibly close friend to the alliance and her AA has nothing to do with her having access. She also leaves the chan whenever it looks like anything serious is about to be discussed, which is a pretty odd move to make if she's there to watch over us ;)

I would trust Dark Mistress in our government channel, not that she's in it :).

She is one of the most trustworthy people you will ever meet. I am also certain that she is incapable of sharing information, due only to the fact that she would never take the time to put down her chicken wings to speak/type to you. Perhaps words are incapable of even escaping the gravitational field of DM?

Edited by Dr. Dan

Trust or not, and I trust my allies completely, none are allowed in our private channels.

We set up private channels for our membership for a reason, to discuss things, even spammy stuff, as an alliance. We set up seperate channels in order to interact with allies that way. However our private channels are just that.

But hey, that's us.

Trust or not, and I trust my allies completely, none are allowed in our private channels.

We set up private channels for our membership for a reason, to discuss things, even spammy stuff, as an alliance. We set up seperate channels in order to interact with allies that way. However our private channels are just that.

But hey, that's us.

I agree with this. DM is one of my favorite CNers and NPO is an MDoAP partner but neither she nor any other non-RIA member is in our gov channel.