Global Alliance and Treaty Organization Announcement

Expected.

Disappointing.

In many ways I'm glad to see two alliances with a history of such war getting treaties like this up.

In many other ways, I agree with this. I hope GATO grows nice and big and powerful, without external influence if possible.

EDIT:

Can't be dissapointed in them if it wasn't their choice. :awesome:

Ths is what I'm afraid of.

Edited by Michael von Prussia

• Replies 256
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This, to me, stands out among a sea of comments. I applaud you for your insight. :)

Thanks to all the well-wishers. It is emphatically a new era for our alliance and I look forward to being a part of it.

-Kev

To be honest, i never thought i would say something good about GATO ever. But that changed a few months back.

it is hilarious to see Vox !@#$%*ing at GATO when the people who are now Vox were pretty pleased with its fall a year ago.

hypocrits.

Indeed.

Vox was happier when GATO was under the Viceroyalty because they could use it as a punching bag against us. Now that that's gone, they're desperately trying to find another reason to hate us.

*chuckles* Good luck, Vox.

Well thats certainly possible. However I would like to look through a different paradigm; one not clouded with that 'peace and love for all' dribble NPO only preaches when they are scared. NPO is losing major ground in the PR war, and are scratching for every inch they can grab. So you give them their peace, pat them on the head, and tell them if they stray too far from the teet of Pacifica or start making decisions contrary to the wishes of their former master Chris_Kaos might make a dramatic return to CN.

Now I ask, how long till you roll them again?

The fact that you're trying to play off all the hard work that GATOans and NPO members have put into rebuilding this great alliance is sickening. Convenient of some people to grab a hold of our hard work and try to claim a slice of the pie. Hijack elsewhere, for our work is not yours to claim.

I can see this getting old rather quickly :P

-Kev

The fact that you're trying to play off all the hard work that GATOans and NPO members have put into rebuilding this great alliance is sickening. Convenient of some people to grab a hold of our hard work and try to claim a slice of the pie. Hijack elsewhere, for our work is not yours to claim.

I can see this getting old rather quickly :P

-Kev

Kev, I respect you for what you have done, and what you have pulled GATO through. And I give full support and praise to all the time and hard work that GATOans have put into rebuilding your noble alliance. However, I disapprove of what NPO did to bring you down to that level and hold you there. That is the problem I have. I show full support for you guys and wish nothing but the best for you. :)

o/ GATO

-Frozen-rpg

Honestly, a PIAT is completely inconsequential. This no more makes GATO NPO stooges than MK.

Yes, they've signed a low-level, essentially meaningless treaty with the NPO, but it isn't a hardline indicator of anything, in either direction. All this proves is that GATO isn't above taking the high road once and a while.

it is hilarious to see Vox !@#$%*ing at GATO when the people who are now Vox were pretty pleased with its fall a year ago.

hypocrits.

What the hell are you talking about?

Starfox101 was in IAA during No Vision. I was a staunch supporter of GATO during said time, but was also a member of Rok, and thus, did not fight. Ask Cata if you must (who also fought with GATO, to peace mind you). West of Eden also hated what was done to GATO, and another member, President Shinra, fought with GATO during No Vision.

A couple of former GATOians joined during the noCB war to help fight against the powers that be. Red Raider being one of them.

You have no idea what you are talking about. None whatsoever. Never once did I support the destruction, or enslavement of, GATO. I did criticize ODN for not actually pulling through and entering the war, and WalkerNinja for leaking private conversation logs though.

Edited by MegaAros

Kev, I respect you for what you have done, and what you have pulled GATO through. And I give full support and praise to all the time and hard work that GATOans have put into rebuilding your noble alliance. However, I disapprove of what NPO did to bring you down to that level and hold you there. That is the problem I have. I show full support for you guys and wish nothing but the best for you. :)

o/ GATO

-Frozen-rpg

Thank you for the clarification and the support is very appreciated.

-Kev

I'm disappointed in some individuals who would normally be happy that GATO was free to do what they want now, criticising them for acting on their new found sovereignty. They have chosen to take notice of the genuinely congenial relationships they have formed with their former conquerors/viceroys. I know that this can happen as enemies find common ground and can even become steadfast friends. My old alliance.. Elysium, as well as Valhalla and others.. found BAPS to be both a fierce fighting force but also strong with internal bonds.. like our own alliances and thus prompted us to offer first friendship, then rebuilding AID/Advice and then finally.. Strong treaty ties and Bloc partnerships. I commend GATO for chosing not only a path unpopular with the antiestablishment crowd.. But for recognising that NPO is not just a powerful enemy but also a merciful friend and benefactor :)

Best of luck to both NPO and GATO.. may your mutual respect and friendship grow in time to a more meaningful treaty.. if that is what you both wish :)

oo/

Honestly, a PIAT is completely inconsequential. This no more makes GATO NPO stooges than MK.

Yes, they've signed a low-level, essentially meaningless treaty with the NPO, but it isn't a hardline indicator of anything, in either direction. All this proves is that GATO isn't above taking the high road once and a while.

Big difference buddy first we weren't hijacked for a year,second NPO asked us and we upgrded it to an MDP and for that we got our first nuke policy back and last we didn't sign anything in a matter of minutes being free from terms

Big difference buddy first we weren't hijacked for a year,second NPO asked us and we upgrded it to an MDP and for that we got our first nuke policy back and last we didn't sign anything in a matter of minutes being free from terms

I think you misunderstood me.

I was simply stating that a PIAT proves -esentially- nothing.

I think you misunderstood me.

I was simply stating that a PIAT proves -esentially- nothing.

The PIAT was only able to enacted so quickly because it was enacted by our interim gov't. Any normal treaty would take days or weeks of deliberation by congress and the general assembly.

The PIAT was only able to enacted so quickly because it was enacted by our interim gov't. Any normal treaty would take days or weeks of deliberation by congress and the general assembly.

Okay, I think I need to hire an interpretator for my posts:P

What I meant to say, was that people are reading far too deeply into this treaty. It isn't an indicator of anything, be it slavery to the NPO, or a slap in the face, or whatever.

Simply put: I was commending GATO on taking the high road, and condemning people for bashing you guys on such a meaningless decision.

Okay, I think I need to hire an interpretator for my posts:P

What I meant to say, was that people are reading far too deeply into this treaty. It isn't an indicator of anything, be it slavery to the NPO, or a slap in the face, or whatever.

Simply put: I was commending GATO on taking the high road, and condemning people for bashing you guys on such a meaningless decision.

Thanks!

Congrats GATO. You can tell from the responses you are getting that the people who called for you to be freed of terms never really cared for you and just wanted to hit out at NPO. Good luck and remember all those who insult your decision to sign this treaty, only yesterday were self appointed spokespersons for your alliance.

Edited by Alterego

Well I hope this isn't upgraded because after what the NPO held you guys that long and the membership still thinks it should be upgraded I'll think you guys are a bunch of ediots and then you just might still be the worst alliance ever(not including GGA)

The trolls in this thread make me grimace, pathetic I would call it

You guys all scream for GATO release, but when they get release and sign a PIAT with NPO (which is not a HUGE treaty) you all moan about it. They are a free alliance, making their own choices in their future. Just because they don't go the way you want them to go. "They must still be under the ebil control of NPO"

Get over yourself

I for one welcome GATO back into the CN world under their own steam and hope to see them flourish.

o/ GATO

o/ NPO for releasing them on their merry way

Edited by nutkase

:ph34r:

Wow. So much love and respect for GATO. I don't even know what to say.

MTTZela was ASKEd if they wanted this PIAT AFTER he was informed we were releasing them on the 15th. He could easily have said no and that would have been that. So if you want to continue to slap them for making up their own minds, go ahead. But MTTZela made a sovereign decision for his alliance, not us.