Infrastructure vs. Population Tradesets

Taishaku

So I just passed the 9000 infrastructure mark and I guess I am beginning to become a "large" nation.

Before, I had always considered population boosters to be the most worthwhile stat in a tradeset, but I have increasingly been looking into infrastructure cost and upkeep reduction.

Can anyone tell me what type of tradeset is ideal for a nation of my size? I have terrible resources though (Silver and Lead).

A population focused set will always be more profitable because the amount gained in income outweighs the amount saved in bill reduction.

That said, it is probably a good idea to look into temping for bill payments and infrastructure purchasing especially. Setting up a pop booster or Affluent Pop set for collecting, max upkeep reducers for paying bills and max cost reductions for making purchases will always give maximum economic results.

To further clarify what Delta said, here are your best possible trade options:

Cattle, Coal, Fish, Furs, Gems, Gold, Sugar, Pigs, Silver, Lead, Wheat, Wine to collect. Your bonuses will be Fine Jewelery, Affluent Population, and a maximum citizen increase.

When you pay bills pick up Uranium, Lumber, and Iron. Those resources along with your native Lead will give you near maximum infra and military upkeep cost reduction.

When you buy infra (which should be rarely at your level) pick up Lumber, Iron, Marble, Aluminum, Rubber, and keep the Coal from your main trade set.

If you are willing to put up with a small amount of hassle every couple weeks you'll be preforming at your maximum net income potential.

Edited by Choader

To further clarify what Delta said, here are your best possible trade options:

Cattle, Coal, Fish, Furs, Gems, Gold, Sugar, Pigs, Silver, Lead, Wheat, Wine to collect. Your bonuses will be Fine Jewelery, Affluent Population, and a maximum citizen increase.

When you pay bills pick up Uranium, Lumber, and Iron. Those resources along with your native Lead will give you near maximum infra and military upkeep cost reduction.

When you buy infra (which should be rarely at your level) pick up Lumber, Iron, Marble, Aluminum, Rubber, and keep the Coal from your main trade set.

If you are willing to put up with a small amount of hassle every couple weeks you'll be preforming at your maximum net income potential.

Actually it is best to have an agreement between a few players to do this...because trying to find these every few weeks is not a "minor" hassle.

esp. with bad starting resources.