Official IRON Announcement

This reminds me of a

EDIT (ooc: because of the move): That song is by a band from the country of Brookstonia and is on our personal video hosting service, uh, yeah...

I'm reminded of one of the holiest of

of The Wastes as Psung by none other than one of our most revered of Metal Gods Dickenson, The Air Raid Siren, Lord of the Iron Maiden. The people of The Wastes offer our own particular brand of congratulations.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess the difference between you and me is that I don't count one person who is probably on such a list for a very good reason as THE MOST IMPORTANT THING IN THE WORLD LET'S MAKE 100 THREADS ABOUT THIS AND TALK ABOUT IT FOR YEARS. And I didn't misread; I just know a derailment attempt when I see and sometimes I can stop myself from taking the bait.

100 threads? Years? Misuse of caps lock? Seriously?

Edited by Ragashingo

OOC: It's not an internal policy. Alliances aren't putting their own nations on EZI. And it's not an IC policy either. Alliances are deciding that they are Admin and can decide who can and who can't play this game. It is an offense against fair play and this community of gamers. EZI is an OOC attack and the only OOC attack the community should concern itself with. Everything else belongs to the mods, the law or should be dealt with by growing some thicker skin.

OOC: This argument was considered and rejected by the very Admin you speak of, and it's wrong on its own merits for all sorts of reasons. If you want to look there was a huge thread a while ago with a lot of walls of text hashing out all the arguments.

While I do not like to hang an IRON Councilor out to dry, he gave JB bad information. The individual was advised privately that he gave out poor information and was told the policy.

Mistakes do happen, none of us are perfect.

Clearly not:

[21:58] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Hey Finster.

[22:00] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> Don't even ask, it's not gonna happen.

[22:00] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Am I e-ZI or p-ZI?

[22:00] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> You'll never come off our list.

[22:00] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Which list am I on?

[22:01] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> If we find you, we'll ZI you. That simple.

[22:01] <Jonathan_Brookbank> May I ask why you do not wish to remove me?

[22:01] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> Have a nice night, Redshirt.

[22:02] <Jonathan_Brookbank> May I ask why you do not wish to remove me?

[22:02] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> Have a nice night.

[22:06] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Is there a reason you are unwilling to even discuss it, 7 months after I was placed on there, and after GGA has removed me from any ZI list and Valhalla has confirmed I am not e-ZI for them?

[22:07] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> You're scum, we don't like you, we want you dead.

[22:07] <Jonathan_Brookbank> Why is that?

[22:08] <FinsterBaby[iRON]> redshirt, this conversation is over, and I'd appreciate it if you left me alone so that I don't have to put you on my ignore list.

I guess you all got the same, bad memo, eh?

I'm not denying that there was more than a bit of hyperbole in that, but the way you guys nail yourselves to the cross over this stuff is, well, Walford-esque.

Because the NPO has NEVER once made itself out to be a betrayed victim and then asked the community to sympathize, right?

Please. You forget your own history all too easy.

I'm not denying that there was more than a bit of hyperbole in that, but the way you guys nail yourselves to the cross over this stuff is, well, Walford-esque.

Is he on one of your ZI lists by chance? How about Chris Kaos, you know, the guy that your alliance and IRON chased across rerolls and destroyed an entire alliance over even though he wasn't attempting to threaten you... or actually playing the game anymore...

And if you don't like the community's reaction to IRON's vague threat of putting someone back on a ZI list if they think or act the "wrong way" you could do something about it. Declaring an end to the NPO's use of ZI list (heck and viceroys) would be a neat move. :)

Edited by Ragashingo

So you still support the practice just not on this one fellow at this moment in time?

Well I don't see how this warranted an announcement of it's own. Congrats JB.

IRON you're still way behind in not oulawing it all together. You've got some catching up to do.

OOC: This argument was considered and rejected by the very Admin you speak of, and it's wrong on its own merits for all sorts of reasons. If you want to look there was a huge thread a while ago with a lot of walls of text hashing out all the arguments.

OOC: The fact the Admin refuses to do anything about is exactly why it's the only OOC attack that should be dealt with by the community. Anything that involves the game, these forums or the law can be dealt with by Admin (his ruling against using war in game to extort the private property of players (forums) is an example). However, in order to police EZI, he would have to extend his reach far past what is appropriate for his position. You seem to think that Admin has the power to dictate everything we do in relation to Cybernations. All is permissible unless he says otherwise. Probably why you so gleefully extorted private property in the past and why you've kept the last alliance grandfathered in under this rule under your heel for so long without any consideration for what is actually fair and right (you later forced GATO to move to an NPO hosted forum, correct?). EZI cannot be stopped by Admin, but it's still reprehensible and we as a community should work to prevent it. And we have. You may have noticed that those 100 threads are actually having an effect.

Is he on one of your ZI lists by chance? How about Chris Kaos, you know, the guy that your alliance and IRON chased across rerolls and destroyed an entire alliance over even though he wasn't attempting to threaten you... or actually playing the game anymore...

No and no. Any more guesses?

And if you don't like the community's reaction to the IRON's vague threat of putting someone back on a ZI list if they think or act the "wrong way" you could do something about it. Declaring an end to the NPO's use of ZI list (heck and viceroys) would be a neat move. :)

Ah yes, that would invite nothing but praise from Vox and co. It's not like even now Doitzel is making the argument that the fact that we perma-ZI so few people shows that we're bowing to public pressure and, uh, evil or something.

OOC: The fact the Admin refuses to do anything about is exactly why it's the only OOC attack that should be dealt with by the community. Anything that involves the game, these forums or the law can be dealt with by Admin (his ruling against using war in game to extort the private property of players (forums) is an example). However, in order to police EZI, he would have to extend his reach far past what is appropriate for his position. You seem to think that Admin has the power to dictate everything we do in relation to Cybernations. All is permissible unless he says otherwise. Probably why you so gleefully extorted private property in the past and why you've kept the last alliance grandfathered in under this rule under your heel for so long without any consideration for what is actually fair and right (you later forced GATO to move to an NPO hosted forum, correct?). EZI cannot be stopped by Admin, but it's still reprehensible and we as a community should work to prevent it. And we have. You may have noticed that those 100 threads are actually having an effect.

OOC: It can be stopped by Admin. He posted in a thread and listened to people tell him why they thought he should stop it. He decided not to, not because he couldn't, but because he rejected their arguments and didn't want to rule something an "OOC attack" that clearly isn't. Everything you are saying was said there and it was decided that this argument does not hold water.

No and no. Any more guesses?

As fun as it is to guess who's still on your ZI list I think I'll pass. The only ones still actually on there have probably been long forgotten, like Na'Toth in a Centauri dungeon.

Ah yes, that would invite nothing but praise from Vox and co. It's not like even now Doitzel is making the argument that the fact that we perma-ZI so few people shows that we're bowing to public pressure and, uh, evil or something.

What is wrong with getting praise for doing the right thing?

OOC: It can be stopped by Admin. He posted in a thread and listened to people tell him why they thought he should stop it. He decided not to, not because he couldn't, but because he rejected their arguments and didn't want to rule something an "OOC attack" that clearly isn't. Everything you are saying was said there and it was decided that this argument does not hold water.

IC: P/E ZI is a barbaric practice that we as a group of national leaders could outlaw. The fact that you and your alliance chooses not to certainly says something negative about ya'lls character.

What's wrong IRON, did the international pressure get to you? :blush: Not that I am complaining, I would like to see more of this. Pathetically late timing but good show nonetheless. May Brookbank be freed.

I don't understand why DRON is getting any praise here at all. It's like punching someone in the face and then apologizing think that it makes everything alright. You shouldn't have punched him in the first place, and you're still a jerk. Nothing has changed here.

Though I must say I am quite glad that someone pointed this out. I don't know if I could have managed had this turned into praise for DRON. The EZI is completely unnecessary. This is not DRON attempting to be classy. This is merely a cheap PR stunt, one which we are all seeing through.