The Return of Uberstein

Uberstein

OOC: From http://forums.cybernations.net/index.php?s...=53576&st=0

IC:

TV's switched to an empty podium across Mariehamm, and all outgoing channels switched to this image. Only, instead of the Mariehamm Logo behind it, there was a flag.

172px-Flag_of_Finland.svg.png

Uberstein walked to the podium, a walking stick hitting the wooden floor with a dull thump every time it hit. He stood behind the podium, adjusted the microphone, and started to speak.

"I have legally taken control of Mariehamm Arms Inc, and I have used my emergency powers to disband the stockholders. Many of you may wonder why I have left retirement. The answer is simple, I see it as my duty to help the world. I cannot stand by as European cultures dwindle away under globalization and state creations. Children are born knowing nothing but war, hypocrites hold rule over nations, and I've even started to doubt people I call friends. I came back to create a home, a land for those who do not want to be Communist or Fascist, and simply want to live. Why this land you may ask, well that answer is simple. No company should be a country, no person should have to buy stock to be able to vote. Retirement gave me time to think, but now is the time to act. From this day forward, this is the Republic of Mariehamm, and I take the position of President for Life. A prime minister shall be elected as soon as I get this government up and running."

He walked off camera. All over the country, people would start to cheer, and burn their Mariehamm stock-papers. Finnish flags hidden from the police were going up on flagpoles for the first time in ages.

Behind the scenes, Uberstein would be negotiating the nationalization of the military industry. Military loyalty was hardly a problem, much of the brass was ex-Ubersteinian officers.

Edited by BaronUberstein

Your Excellency,

Though you and I have not met on a personal level, I would like to send my warmest consolations to you and your people. I know that I once inherited land that belonged to you and attempted to govern it to the best of my ability, unfortunately only to meet with failure. Your strides to create an equal society for your people in addition touches my heart to its core and I hope that for the Hanseatics that have remained in Finland you honor them as much as you would any other civilian and citizen. I wish you luck with your governance and hope that prosperity and peace follow you where ever you go. Perhaps, a peaceful Europe and Uberstein's destiny is intertwined. I can only hope.

Sincerely Yours,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

Canada welcomes the Republic of Mariehamm - and Baron Uberstein - back.

--Message from an unknown location--

And the...second-to-last of the Messengers is back. He, however, is different from the others, so much more rational, intelligent.

This Messenger I can bow to, as the one of the four who can and will not return to his old power.

Welcome back, friend.

-L

***Classified***

"It's about time this happened..."

A letter would arrive on the Baron's deck, which simply said:

Congratulations, and welcome back my old friend.

Signed, your friend,

Lavo Shalam.

It was obviously written in haste or under duress, as it was fairly messy. Then again, one could imagine what Lavo had on his hands as it is.

Your Excellency,

Though you and I have not met on a personal level, I would like to send my warmest consolations to you and your people. I know that I once inherited land that belonged to you and attempted to govern it to the best of my ability, unfortunately only to meet with failure. Your strides to create an equal society for your people in addition touches my heart to its core and I hope that for the Hanseatics that have remained in Finland you honor them as much as you would any other civilian and citizen. I wish you luck with your governance and hope that prosperity and peace follow you where ever you go. Perhaps, a peaceful Europe and Uberstein's destiny is intertwined. I can only hope.

Sincerely Yours,

Sarah Tintagyl

Lady Protector of the Hanseatic Commonwealth

Ms. Tintagyl,

I would love to meet with you later to discuss current European issues, perhaps once I get this whole country into working order. I watched the world while I was in retirement, and trust me, you did not fail. You brought these people from a destabilized existence to an economically strong and socially progressive one. A nuclear weapon hitting a country as small as the one you ran would have given any leader challenges too hard to handle by themselves. Excuse me for this, but I couldn't help but chuckle at your statement of "a peaceful Europe and Uberstein's destiny is intertwined". I never thought I would hear that statement from someone outside my own country. But I assure you, peace is my greatest goal, I'm too old for another war.

Sincerely,

Baron Erwin von Uberstein, President of the Republic of Mariehamm

P.S. No need to call me "excellency", I hold the title Baron only because of some land down in Bavaria, I am simply another head of state.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: Hell yes.

IC: Hell yes A message was sent to Uberstein's office.

Baron Erwin von Uberstein,

It is good to see that you are back on the world stage. I thought you died months ago, and am glad that is not the case. The incessant wars in Europe and Asia and power shifts in other places are disturbing. It is a ray of hope, then, to see the rise of more sensible rulers in a world filled with opportunists and imperialists. To a long reign.

Cordially,

Vedran, Sovereign of Arctica

Reply to Molakia:

"I have no intent of starting any wars, and despite my extremely generous offers, you still refuse to give the rest of Finland to this nation. How long will you keep these families separated? I have offered billions in cash, and in addition to that, offered to COMPLETELY rebuild your nation's infrastructure from the war. What kind of petty government puts their own ancient personal feuds in front of the health of their own people? I'm sorry your leader broke a law in my country, but to deny your own people aid because of your leader's crimes in a foreign nation is lunacy." -Uberstein

It was later announced that anyone who had once held Ubersteinian citizenship and lives in Molakia was guaranteed citizenship, food, shelter, and medical help if they came to the RoM (Republic of Mariehamm). This meant almost the entire population of Molakia, due to it's location as an ex-Ubersteinian area.

OOC: Seriously, I offer to rebuild your entire country for you in exchange for some land that would make my nation complete. I offer you free weapons, I offer you access to my world-watching radar systems, and you reply with "You have to use force because I will never say yes?"

Really reasonable, glad to know your leader is irrational and cares more for personal vendettas instead of helping his people.

Also, don't you love RP continuity? Unless you forcefully re-educated everyone, there would still be a lot of people who miss Uberstein in that area because I used to own it and my population was quite pleased with what Uberstein did, like the universal competent health care and free food.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: First off, Molakia wasnt oblitered in the war. Most of the country, sans the capital, didnt get touched. Kotka will be restored shortly. Second: You want families reunited? Open the borders. Third: World Watching Radars? Sounds interesting, but no dice. You want us to give up land given to us by Neo Franz. You want us to give up land that is our home, our capital. What leader in their right mind would give their capital away for some money and radars? Last, Alexei isnt leader, Nikolai is. Nikolai isnt commenting right now, due to the fact he is enjoying some peace after fighting slavorussia.

The fact I have to be roused from my rest after fighting angers me more than anything. You want our Capital and our home so badly. Why? Is there something here that is valuable to Uberstein? Come take it. We dont want it. As for the borders....Open ones can be arranged for families to move or visit at will. Molakia does not want to leave this land due to petty vengeance. Granted, it was an odd law my brother broke, but one that did not warrant a fight to the death.

If it is mearly OCD over borders...now you know how past world leaders felt. Borders are rarely perfect. But enough banter via words on a screen or paper. Let us settle this face to face somewhere NEUTRAL. No Nordic Confederacy, no Molakia. Someplace that our words will not be backed by who our friends are, but by our words.

I look foward to seeing you.

-Nikolai Romanov, Tsar of Molakia

Kaiserin Sjønhet welcomes Baron Uberstein out of retirement.

Baron Uberstein,

I would like to meet with you on a diplomatic level some time. Also, are you intent on staying with the Scandinavian Union? In these trying times, I would hope you do, and we can remain peaceful, at least in Scandinavia.

Kindest regards,

Kaiserin Danica Sjønhet

I do not wish you come to Kotka. My own actions will be changed in the preasence of my generals, senators, etc. I also do not wish war with you. I asked if we could meet in a NEUTRAL country for both of us, to discuss this issue in person.

-Tsar Romanov

"I do not see how meeting in person will change the situation. You have stated, in your own words, that you have no use for the land, you do not care what happens to it, but will not give it up unless attacked. You state that 5 billion, along with helping those who wish to go move from that area, along with the opening of boarders, is not worth the land you are not using. I'm sorry, but if I wanted to talk in person to irrational people I would go to the local insane asylum." -Uberstein.

I fear i cannot recall saying that the land around Kotka is useless. The part of Molakia in Old Russia, however, is not as developed and has little in resources (Besides trees and extra Wheat) that we need. I am not a Irrational Person, i just fail to see how this bribe would make Molakia look. You want us to accept payment for land that our home city is on?

I have wasted enough time trying to explain myself. This is your moment of glory, your return. I will leave this be for now. Do try to contact us later. I feel after resting for awhile (Getting shot at is stressful!) i will be a little more open.

-Tsar Romanov

"Home city? It is an adopted city, hardly a natural capital. Also, it seems one of your parents was a goldfish, for you inherited their memory. You specifically said, 'Come take it. We dont want it.'. If you do not want the land, why fight for it?" -Uberstein

OOC:

EDIT: I'm going to bed, need to catch up on sleep.

Edited by BaronUberstein

OOC: That comment was in referance to the point of you having something on the land, like a weapon or a shrubbery. I wasnt saying the land was useless. Sorry i didnt figure it out, i took a hit to the head today and have a hard time remembering things...Concussion FTW!!!