ex-First Graders

admin

Mrs. Murphy

Last kid in my class to read, Wasnt very good at the writing either. I could do the math 1+1=2,1+2=3, so we did that until the number reached something plus 9. I learned the pattern and never had to think about math.

Also Recess anyone? good stuff.

• Replies 191
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

1999 - 2000

Miss Edelmen? Austin Elementey. I love Texas :)

1st grade was a cool year for me. But sadly the only year I was away from my crush :( We went to a private school for PreK and Kinder but I moved and later she moved to the same school 2nd grade. :D

97-98.

Had two first grade teachers. Was part of some really fail dual language program. Half the curriculum was taught in English, the other half in Spanish.

I didn't learn a signle word of Spanish in my 4 years doing that.

Mrs Young at Alexander Gibson Memorial, 1989-1990 wut!

I was in a split class experiment where grades one and two were in the same classroom and the teacher divided her time between us. She let me read with the grade two kids. That's why I'm smart like rock and speak so good.

I was in Mrs. Schneider's class in 1992... and again in 1993... I wasn't good at making crafts apparently, somehow I went on to get into a University with a full Academic Scholarship. Interesting how that works. At least I was 19 when I was in grade 12 and could drink legally, which I can thank Mrs. Schneider for.

I was in Mrs. Schneider's class in 1992... and again in 1993... I wasn't good at making crafts apparently, somehow I went on to get into a University with a full Academic Scholarship. Interesting how that works. At least I was 19 when I was in grade 12 and could drink legally, which I can thank Mrs. Schneider for.

Awesome! The 19-year-olds in my high school made a killing doing liquor runs for us under-aged punks, and (somewhat) secretly seriously overcharging us. I remember them both fondly and with loathing.

Mrs Brown, August 1969-May 1970.

She taught us discipline, the importance of sitting down and shutting up, and to eat everything on our plate, even if it was "icky". We also learned the sensation of a large wooden paddle hitting our buttocks at high velocity.

On the other hand, in 1969, a quarter would buy both a Coke and a candy bar out of the school vending machines, so it was a mixture of negative & positive.