ex-Browncoats

Vasuda

The audience taps their feet impatiently. The speaker was supposed to begin his speech over twenty minutes ago. "Where on earth can he be?" asked the old noblewoman in the second row. "Probably getting drunk off his $@! again! You can take a space cowboy out of the coat, but you can't take the booze out of a space cowboy," replied the crusty aristocrat beside her.

Just then, a figure stumbles up on stage. He is worn and tired, and looks far older than his years would suggest. The dust is clearly visible on his torn, faded brown coat. He grips an open flask with one hand, contents spilling out on the floor. The potent stench of rum lays heavily on his breath. Gripping the sides of the podium for support, he straightens his legs and begins to speak.

"Here's how it is. The Earth was used up, so we found ourselves a new Earth. A new Bob, specifically. We settled new nations and proliferated across the globe. The central nations got together and formed Alliances. They decided that everyone ought to unite under their rule. A couple fools tried to stop them, but it was no use."

Murmurs circulate amongst the members of high society who make up the majority of the crowd.

"You ol' purple bellies can shut yer yaps! Two weeks from today marks the one year anniversary of our last ride at Serenity Valley. I'd like to take jus' a moment to propose a toast to the other fine fellows from out on the raggedy edge. We had some good times, and some bad times. Fun times and fast times. The only thing that could slow us down was the weight of the booze in the back cargo hold, but we ain't never had much trouble in lightening the load! We had some disagreements, but I think we can all agree that we had one hell of a ride on a fine boat, with an even better crew. Here's to life on the raggedy edge, where all you have is your friends and your gun! Here's to us ruffians! Here's to the Browncoats!"

The speaker raises his flask, takes one last swig, and collapses onto the stage.

A man in a green suit and a Mario hat walks in. The suit is obviously torn for lots of war, and is wearing body armor under the suit. He walks in the door

Hello all, I brought the rum

Right away, a member of the crowd steals the rum. The rest of the crowd starts throwing tomatoes at the man. He runs out the door.

EDIT 1: OOC: I never was good at the whole RP thing :P

EDIT 2: I just realized, we were on the boat before it was cool.

Edited by Nintenderek

Although I was never in BC, I remember helping you guys. (Saving you from a war, bahahahaha)

Yeah... no. I prefer to remember the good times before you came into the picture and before I left.

god i hated you guys soo much, more or less exclusively because of )): Schatt )):

No offense, but schatt's the reason I left. >.>

A short bearded man covered in a brown duster meanders on through the crowd, nodding and grinning at old faces, friend and foe alike...

I hear tell that we've got a re-union of sorts going on? And Ninten brought the rum?!?! Excellent news. We ran out of the old BC supply like, two months ago... its been desperate, the new 57th stuff is good, but its just not the same.

Good, bad, disastrous or otherwise, Browncoats was definitely one of the most fun alliances I was ever part of. There was drama nearly every day (courtesy of Schatt, Morden, Durim, Mechanus, myself, and I think others too... great craic altogether really), and I do think that I have to agree with Hal, BC was literally full of talented people, most of whom have gone on to success (however they may term it).

She was a gorram fine boat (and yes, we were calling her a boat long before it became fashionable to do so... bloody copy-cats), with a dodgy crew, and a system which made it impossible to fix. For all that, if there was ever an alliance to give you some seasoning, it was BC.

To the Browncoats, wherever they may be!

The man raises his hip-flask of rum and goes back to getting reacquainted with some certain folk.

OOC: I actually still have the old public channel registered, so, party in #CNBrowncoats ?!?!

A tall man of average build enters into the hall where the merriment occurs. A dusty brown longcoat sways about him, hand resting on his sidearm and slightly twitching. Smiling, he recognises many faces and nods to each and shakes hands with his old friends and mates. Seems like only yesterday that they all shared a place on a boat heading for somewhere...

BC was my first home. She taught me many things as did the members of that crew. I grew up in BC, fought my first war in BC, tasted my first leadership in BC, saw the reality that is Planet Bob in BC. We might not have been the most agreeable lot of people, nor did we always see eye to eye. But we did have something going for us, but what that was...well, I don't rightly know but it's still there because we're still here. Good, bad, indifferent, we all were doing what we thought was right and I like to think it helped shape us as we went onward to our new homes.

The man reaches into his longcoat and pulls out a tarnished and well-used flask.

To my friends and fellow Browncoats. And in the words of a great man..."We are not gonna die. You know why? Because we are so...very...pretty. We are just too pretty for God to let us die."

I hear tell that we've got a re-union of sorts going on? And Ninten brought the rum?!?! Excellent news. We ran out of the old BC supply like, two months ago... its been desperate, the new 57th stuff is good, but its just not the same.

The man in the suit walks back into the room. This time, he carries more barrels of rum. The crowd lets him in

Well, I was keeping this stashed away in a secret cabinet under the Vox base, but Schattenmann told me to get it out, so I thought I might bring more to the party.

A large man, wearing a baggy brown coat tries to sneak into the back where the rum is held but is caught and thrown onto the stage near the podium. Dusting himself off and murmuring about wankers and bloody fast handed guards, he steps up to the podium.

"Well, if this is a reunion, then I sure ain't as hell really fit to say much. I was around for a month abouts, and after that I left. She was a fine place to be though, many good kegs...I mean, mates. Now, gorramit, where the hell are the damned Molson's?"

OOC: Goooood times for a young nation.

When you can't run, walk. When you can no longer walk, crawl. When you cannot crawl, you find someone to carry you, but you must always move forward.

Someone put us down, but our spirit lives on.

To all Browncoats out there, here's an anthem:

And we remember that too. :P Then again, a lot of people did, so we didn't take it too personally. ;)

There was Ragnarok, Valhalla, CIS, GGA (which later turned out to be a ruse) and for some reason NPO seemed to like a special interest in us at various times. After I left, you of course had the Bubblegum Crisis, but that wasn't particularly a shining moment. :P

I'm not sure if I was just that I and later Veneke were just that good as negotiators, or our treaties that were just problematic enough to make people think, or we just looked that menacing because we weren't afraid of ZI, or if people were just afraid I'd bawww all over the OWF if we did get hit that kept people from attacking. Probably all the above. <_<

Then of course there was the whole "Furry War" episode. Missed a chance to ZI TailsK, though Rok would have probably declared on us afterwards. C'est la guerre.

ArGo even wanted to see yall rolled at points.

As a very intelligent and great man once said, "If you've ever angered someone, that means you've stood up for something in your life." Even if standing up for something wasn't the exact reason we pissed people off, it's the fact that we allowed everyone to speak their minds openly to anyone that pissed people off.

Browncoats was too revolutionary for it's time it seems to me. Good times while it lasted though.