An Imperial Alliance, Ardorian Announcement

iamthey

The Imperial Alliance and the United Republic of Ardoria Announce the following MDoAP treaty.

Article I - Sovereignty

Each of the nations bearing a signature on this treaty hereby declares that they will uphold the values and honor of said signatories’ sovereignty. They agree not to invade, interfere in internal affairs, or oppress the other signatory that partakes in this treaty.

Article II - Intelligence

Each signatory of this treaty agree to share any relevant intelligence amongst one another if said information pertains a possible threat to the sovereignty of any signatory. The information is to be shared privately unless the signatories with which the intelligence has been shared with agree to release the information to the public.

Article III - Economic Assistance

Each signatory agrees to provide economic assistance to the other signatories should it ever be needed. All signatory ports are open to military and civilian vessels of the other signatories during peace time and during war. To promote commerce and trade each signatory agrees to lower or eliminate tariffs on specific goods.

Article IV - Mutual Defense

The signatories of this treaty agree that in the event of a foreign party actively pursuing hostile actions against any signatory, the other signatories will be obligated to defend the attacked signatory with full military support.

Article V - Optional Military Assistance

In the event one of the signatories of this treaty actively uses military actions against a third party, the other signatory has the option to assist the signatory military, logistically, and diplomatically.

Article VI - Technological Developments

The signatories of this treaty agree that they will share newly developed or existing technological pieces and methods that they deam to be beneficial to the other signatory whether they are intended for military or civilian uses.

Article VII - Withdrawal

If any of the signatories decide that they wish to leave the alliance created by this treaty they must give the other signatories a 24-hour (OOC: RL Time) notice beforehand of their leaving, and then publicly declare that they are no longer bound by this treaty. After the 24-hour period elapses, the signatory will no longer be bound by this treaty.

Signed for Imperial Alliance

Stephen Othran

Imperial Alliance General Administrator

Signed for the United Republic of Ardoria

President Nathan Briar,

Head of the Ardorian State

Moreover the territory of Norfolk (Red) shall be ceded to the Imperial Alliance (map below) for use as a civilian settlement, and military/naval base. The Alliance greatly thanks their Ardorian friends and looks forward to a strong relationship between the two nations.

IATLandExchange.png

Edited by iamthey

The Imperial Alliance lacked an open warm water port. the homeland (kergulen islands), and sub administrative zone two (northern russia teritory) are inhospitable in the winters, and sub administrative zone one (romania) only has access to the black sea making it dangerously confined during times of war. This territory will solves both of those problems. Also this places us in close proximity to our ally something preferable to being either too far north south or inland.

Are you alarmed by vineland, or artemis?

que

"Mind you, having a Mercenary nation at our doorstep is a great cause of concern for us. But it is no less worry of another foreign nation setting up a shop in the Americas. It might backfire if we feel that we are again being colonized. Badly."

The deal was made with Ardoria and was mutually consented to our reasoning forthright and clear. I think its fairly obvious that the Imperial Alliance has terrible naval locations so something like this should not come by any surprise. There is no colonization taking place and no one should be worried.

OOC: Seriously this isn't part of some evil plan :P.

"Colonization? That is ridiculous. You know the nation in question has by no stretch of the imagination enough power to do such a thing. It's a cat, not a lion."

"The more permissive we end up being, the more they will push into our continent. Simply put, by having little tolerance, we will minimize - or eradicate if possible - foreign presence in the Americas. Any foothold is of great concern for us.

What happened beforehand is that foreign powers, particularly European ones, ended up having great swathes of land in our continent and were keen on further expansion, and a war broke out. We do not want to see anything like that again."

Any military act of aggression violating the sovereignty of either Ardoria or myself will be an act of war triggering respective defensive pacts. A war drawing in the NC and anyone connected to them could mean additional territorial loss in the Americas and more "colonization" by foreign powers as you put it. What I have done is make a legal and peaceful exchange with the sovereign nation of Ardoria, and have not in anyway infringed upon either Canda's or Vineland's sovereignty. Land is land it has absolutely no significance as to where it is located or what the historical significance of it is beyond the climate and geological location. That said it should be of no concern to Canada or Tahoe if I have a small plot of land in the western hemisphere. I will further add that I have as part of this deal agreed to give Ardoria access to present and future technological innovations both civilian and military greatly uplifting Ardoria and allowing them to prosper, something I will also add none of the north American nations have done. That being said if you all choose to intervene and violate both my sovereignty Ardoria not only will you be causing an unneeded war in the Americas, you will also be depriving one of your nations of needed technology and a friend. Beyond that between Canada, Vineland and Tahoe there are numerous nations all with militaries and treaties of their own, not tribes or unclaimed lands which can be easily taken or colonized on that said, colonialism is a ridiculous and slanderous claim. I would also like to point out that Canada and Vineland presently have overseas holdings, the Candary Islands are themselves in close proximity to Europe and Africa and yet we tolerate those because we respect your rights to that land gained through fair bargaining, or conquest. Therefore if you all wish to push this further the war and blood that will result will be on your hands a product of your own paranoia; that being said I ask that you all be rational, allow me to have this warm water port, and respect the Ardorian people and their right to have technology up to today's standards, and above all respect the will of both our peoples and governments to make agreements which do not effect you all without prejudice based and unfounded intervention.

Edited by iamthey

"Mind you, all of Viniland's holdings lie within the Americas, save for Midway (which happens to lie directly in our sphere of influence.

We have given fair warning. We trust Ardoria's judgment for the time being - they gave out their sovereign territory after all. However, we do believe that now you know how we feel about foreign presence in our continent - we are not too friendly towards such.

It is not without saying that we will remain hostile, though - take the Rebel Army's Ecuador, per instance. They have worked closely with other American nations and furthered the prosperity of the North Andean as well as helping maintain peace in the region. We can only hope the Alliance will behave similarly - although foreign nations with American presence have a bad tendency of stirring up trouble."

We only ask for a chance to prove ourselves. If it suits you all that we remain isolationist in terms of western affairs so be it, if not then we shall only act within the west as if we ourselves were one of you all.

OOC: Also if you all were interested this really isn't part of some plan or a strategic thing. When I had first re-rolled I had asked V if he would let me make a similar claim which he understandable denied (I was unaware of the history behind the mexican protectorate; and I completely understand that there is a lack of land.) Raritan and I have had good relations in my/our past characters, and in triyun's RP so I went to him and offered asked him if he would be willing to cede a bit of land and offered a treaty/technology ect as I had in the past. It was less about establishing a sphere of influence or anything and more just having a central place to park ships without having to go through the whole mess of having enemy fleets in the Mediterranean or having to spend a long time rping fleet movements from either the arctic or the antarctic lol.

OOC: Also if you all were interested this really isn't part of some plan or a strategic thing. When I had first re-rolled I had asked V if he would let me make a similar claim which he understandable denied (I was unaware of the history behind the mexican protectorate; and I completely understand that there is a lack of land.) Raritan and I have had good relations in my/our past characters, and in triyun's RP so I went to him and offered asked him if he would be willing to cede a bit of land and offered a treaty/technology ect as I had in the past. It was less about establishing a sphere of influence or anything and more just having a central place to park ships without having to go through the whole mess of having enemy fleets in the Mediterranean or having to spend a long time rping fleet movements from either the arctic or the antarctic lol.

OOC: This has nothing to do with your strategy or plans or whatever the hell.

American nations simply do, IC, dislike colonies. Has always been like that.

OOC: Fair I wasn't aware of that. I figured the negative response was a result of my proximity to the NC, and my treaty with one of their members.

Edited by iamthey

OOC: Welcome to America my Friend :P Yea, the mood is just generally anti-colonial. Granted, this is perhaps a great real world parallel, but it IC has its reasons too. Heck, another great war in Europe just ended. We'll let them have that.

IC: Tennessee trusts Ardoria here and we hope we can learn more about our far of friend, the Imperial Alliance.

OOC: Sorry it took so long to respond. Also, the President of Ardoria is Nathan Briar, so if you could, change the signature.

IC:

We hope that for now, you will trust the judgement of our government. If this were indeed colonization, we probably wouldn't be speaking to you right now. We are strongly against colonialism as well. This is not an example of such and we are simply giving an ally the ability to access the Atlantic Ocean, just as some of the other American nations have in the Pacific or eastern Atlantic. I would find it somewhat hypocritical for some of you to object to us simply giving them a port in the Atlantic. For those will legitamate objections (Tennessee Federation and Atlantian Federation), feel free to voice any concerns you have to us privately and we will try to explain how we came to the decision to execute the land transfer.